Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 331 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the HSB he signed for me. As a Neil Young fan, I like the quote.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

During the Q&A, I told Joe that I was reading 20th Century Ghosts and loved the story "Pop Art", thus the mention of his character Arthur Roth:

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, flat-signed HSB:

and flat-signed 20th Century Ghosts:

Jerome and I each bought our HSB books ahead of time to ensure getting 1st edition/1st printings (shown in the various photos above).

Side note: I bought a 1st ed./4th printing of HSB at Cody's in order to give them some business. Since the event was not jam-packed, I asked Joe to sign and inscribe that one as well. Why not. At my request, he inscribed it to a DT character. What a great guy.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We each got a couple of the Cody's pamphlets signed to help provide "provenance" as to the authenticity of our signed books - especially the flat signed ones. This was another of Jerome's good ideas.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Also as mentioned in one of the posts above, we each got one of the free-standing posters personalized. Here's mine:

Closer-up of the corner...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For fans of HEART-SHAPED BOX, here is new short fiction by Joe Hill featuring the two main characters:

Jude Confronts Global Warming

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Patrick, I am so glad you put all this up. That must have been an amazing night.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wow Patrick, I am so glad you put all this up. That must have been an amazing night.
    Thanks, Matt. It really was a great time. Hopefully Jerome will post some pics of his stuff.

We got a number of other books inscribed and signed that night, but they are all in the hands of other members around here.

I went to see Joe again a few nights later, I'll post those pics too if you wish.

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    For fans of HEART-SHAPED BOX, here is new short fiction by Joe Hill featuring the two main characters:

Jude Confronts Global Warming
    that was pretty cool, i didn't see that ending coming at all.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Just wait til I get my stuff out!!!! HE HE
    I've got signed Spiderman, Arcs, 1sts and (hopefully soon) UK editions.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a picture of Subterranean Press Limited Hardcover Magazine, where Joe wrote 'Last Breath', and signed with everyone else. I have No 1/100.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default My Signed and Doodled 1st/1st Heart Shaped Box

This is a keeper......
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting those pics, Jerome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Just wait til I get my stuff out!!!! HE HE
    I've got signed Spiderman, Arcs, 1sts and (hopefully soon) UK editions.
    I look forward to seeing it all, Karen!

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Here's a picture of Subterranean Press Limited Hardcover Magazine, where Joe wrote 'Last Breath', and signed with everyone else. I have No 1/100.
    <image upthread.
    That's issue #2, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    This is a keeper......
    <image upthread>
    Hey Rick, how'd you get that one? Did you come up north for that signing (I'd be bummed if I missed you in person) or did you contact the bookstore or something?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

That's issue #2, yes?
    yep

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Contacted the bookstore...and they were kind enough to accomodate me.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I need to show you guys the book that Patrick got signed for me!!!!!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

You guys have probably seen this, but I'll post this anyway.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Thanks to Patrick for this...Joe remembered that I authored his Wikipedia entry...was really nice of Patrick. Thank you so much

Also - Joe wrote me a letter and replied to a comment I made about wanting to be a writer as well - but I write about 10 pages and I hate them all. This was his reply:

More of my Joe Hill stuff:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to help out a friend.

Kenny, how cool that Joe wrote you.

What is that second S/L pic from? Is it the Looking Glass book? (I don't have that one.)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    You guys have probably seen this, but I'll post this anyway.
    <photo upthread>
    Not everyone here has seen all this stuff yet, especially as more collectors and "appreciators" join up and view these threads. Therefore, everyone, please don't hesitate to post pics here that you might have posted on other sites in the past.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that Joe Hill's signature isn't really a signature, he just prints his name.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

What is that second S/L pic from? Is it the Looking Glass book? (I don't have that one.)
    Yes it is. he's lucky to have it. Besides Hill it also has Brian Keene, and the last one I saw on eBay went for almost $400. Here is a more reasonable one, but it's still nearing $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOOKING-GLASS-Br...QQcmdZViewItem

btw, it is a very interesting book. Each author wrote a chapter, and surprisingly it holds up real well. I thought is was a great read!

btw, here are the two earlier Postscripts Limited Hardcovers that Joe was in, and signed. 'Best New Horror' was in Postscripts 3, and 'Bobby Conroy Comes Back from the Dead' was in Postscripts 5.

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Yes it is. he's lucky to have it. Besides Hill it also has Brian Keene, and the last one I saw on eBay went for almost $400. Here is a more reasonable one, but it's still nearing $100.
    I am lucky to have it...I bought it before Hill exploded and I paid $78 for it. And I honestly thought...wow...thats a lot of money for a book I know nothing about.

Aren't I glad?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 331 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast