Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 332 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Patrick, I am still waiting for information about that. Let me see if I can get someone else to answer the question, stay tuned!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Ron. Any idea if the most expensive one (US$92.50) is signed?
    They don't say, but from my experiences all three editions should be signed. The cheapest one uses illustrated boards and there is no jacket. The middle one adds a dust jacket to the book, and the highest one adds a slipcase. But the books should all be the same and signed. At least that's the way it works for other authors. PS rarely puts out an unsigned edition anymore, and it's usually stated if it is not.

An email to Peter would confirm this, though, as I'm just speculating on previous orders.
    Geoff

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I emailed him and I am still waiting for an answer

I will wait a few more days and email again, or someone else can, I don't want to seem pushy! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The publisher just sent out this information:

GUNPOWDER by Joe Hill

Because he didn't have The Talent -- because of his random, pointless, terrible, irrevocable difference -- Charley's brothers could be brutal to him, if they could get him alone. Even Jake could be cruel, could be talked into cruelty, if it was presented properly. Or no, that wasn't right. No one could talk Jake into anything. He was serenely above the persuasive force of social pressure. And yet it was Jake's weakness, that he could talk himself into doing terrible things, if he felt some greater, probably illusory, good might be served.

So it happened one day when she went with Jake and Niles and Charley to service the core, which wasn't its good old self these days. Every few months it would get stuck, just when it was shifting into an automated maintenance cycle, so that it couldn't restore software or optimize the system... or shut down the rods to dump heat. Which meant the cycle had to be completed manually.

"What happens if the rods overheat?" Jake asked Elaine once.

"About a third of the planet would go up in a flash of light bright enough to blind God," she told him.

Welcome to Gunpowder, a 22,600-word novella from Joe Hill... set in the far reaches of space on a small planet that serves as a home for a very special band of children.

Open now for pre-order, Gunpowder will be available in three formats:

slipcased edition, signed by Joe and cover artist Vincent Chong
    -- 200 copies (£50/$100) - 978-1-84863-016-1

jacketed edition, signed by Joe
    -- 300 copies (£25/$50) - 978-1-84863-015-4

unsigned and unjacketed edition
    -- 500 copies (£12/$25) - 978-1-84863-014-7

We're aiming to have finished copies available in time for Christmas. Start saving now!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Lurking

So, now the pricing has changed.

Dammit, I should have ordered mine when it was cheaper! LOL

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

lol

It actually goes by pounds. I just paid by Paypal and it came out to $92.50 for the book, even though it's labeled at $100. But with shipping it was $99.90, so it ended up being a hundred anyway.
    Geoff

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

lol

It actually goes by pounds. I just paid by Paypal and it came out to $92.50 for the book, even though it's labeled at $100. But with shipping it was $99.90, so it ended up being a hundred anyway.
    Yep, the publisher is estimating the US dollar cost - your bank or Paypal determines the actual foreign exchange. I ordered the slipcased edition as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Lurking

oic, thanks for that.

I will still probably only be ordering the cheap one! LOL

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This announcement just made by the publisher:

Slipcased edition of Joe Hill's GUNPOWDER sold out already!
    Wow, we know he's good... and clearly so do you.

Due to an unprecedented demand for Joe Hill's new novella GUNPOWDER, we've sold out of the slipcased hardcover edition already. Thus all future orders for that edition will be returned. We still have -- as of this moment (so who knows what it'll be like in say another ten minutes) -- copies left of the regular signed edition but please note that, in order to be fair, we are restricting these to one copy per customer.

Best wishes

Pete Crowther

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post

lol

Yep, the publisher is estimating the US dollar cost - your bank or Paypal determines the actual foreign exchange. I ordered the slipcased edition as well.
    Just for information, the website i am always using for currency rates is XE.COM ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This announcement just made by the publisher:

Slipcased edition of Joe Hill's GUNPOWDER sold out already!
    Wow, we know he's good... and clearly so do you.

Due to an unprecedented demand for Joe Hill's new novella GUNPOWDER, we've sold out of the slipcased hardcover edition already. Thus all future orders for that edition will be returned. We still have -- as of this moment (so who knows what it'll be like in say another ten minutes) -- copies left of the regular signed edition but please note that, in order to be fair, we are restricting these to one copy per customer.

Best wishes

Pete Crowther
    I'm glad I got mine in!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too, Geoff.

Karen, I'd feel bad for you, but I'm too busy being jealous knowing that you can just go get yours inscribed and signed by the man personally.

My Mood
    Lurking

You know, getting in touch with Joe isn't as easy as it used to be. LOL

I will be having to actually go to a signing. Oh the horror!! LOL

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Sai Joe and Sai King should have a father son signing, how awsome would that be?!?

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, it may be harder for you than it used to be, but that's still a hell of a lot easier than it would be if you were ON THE WEST COAST!

Jackie, yes, that would be very cool. I'm sure it would take place back East, but I'd enjoy reading about everyone out there who could attend. In the meantime, there is always the S/L of Postscripts #10 that is signed by both.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Or the upcoming s/l He Is Legend, in which they co-authored Throttle!

John

My Mood
    Lurking

Karen, it may be harder for you than it used to be, but that's still a hell of a lot easier than it would be if you were ON THE WEST COAST!

You say true! Sorry, Sai!

My Mood
    Lurking

From Joe's Blog:

Signed Books For Whoever Wants ‘Em

Followers of the blog know I’ve had a couple go-arounds with grifters selling books with forged signatures in them at mark-up prices. I loathe the idea that people who want signed books are at risk of being taken advantage of by online con men. As far as that goes, I don’t think folks should have to overpay for a genuine signature, either. I love the Sub Press and PS Publishing editions of my stories, and I think they give value for the price, by producing remarkable books: great paper, great covers, bonus material, etc. The signature in the front of these books is, I think, the least interesting and least valuable thing about them.

With that in mind, I had an idea I wanted to throw out there. I’m doing a signing at Water Street Books in Exeter on October 1st. They’ll have HEART-SHAPED BOX in soft and hardcover, 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS in soft and hardcover, and LOCKE & KEY in hardcover. If you’d like a signed book, call them between now and October 2nd, and place an advance order. You’ll only have to pay cover price, plus shipping and handling. And you’ll know it’s the real deal.

Just two rules. They’ll only ship three books per household. And I don’t know how many people will call in, but if they get a really, really ridiculous number of orders, at some point, I’ll have to say that’s it.

So if this is something that interests you - if you want to nail down a signed book or three, and you can’t make it to one of my fall appearances - give Water Street Books a call and they’ll help you out. I’m glad to personalize - just say who you want it for. Here’s Water Street’s info:

Water Street Books

125 Water Street

Exeter, NH

603 778-9731

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed out on the signed Gunpowder

My Mood
    Lurking

Sorry

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Heart Shaped Box is amazing one of my favorite books. I read it cause i remember watching an interview with someone from one of my favorite bands and he said he was reading it [they were mentioned in it too (My Chemical Romance) ] and he talked about it and i looked it up and it sounded cool so i ran out and got it XD. I wish i could have gotten a signed copy of Heart Shaped Box But i think i'll be happy to get that signed copy of Just After Sunset
    Jackie back on page 10 is Joe's address that you could send your HSB to for a signature. That was how I got mine done (thanks to RF who got the address). I sent mine on a Tuesday and received it back the following Tuesday. I was in shock because I wasn't expecting to see that book back for at least a month or more. It was worth the money I spent to have it sent!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...?t=224&page=10

My Mood
    Lurking

Joe really is a good egg. And I say, take advantage of it now. Cause if he gets as popular as Daddy, he will stop signing books too!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

From Joe's Blog:

Signed Books For Whoever Wants ‘Em

Followers of the blog know I’ve had a couple go-arounds with grifters selling books with forged signatures in them at mark-up prices. I loathe the idea that people who want signed books are at risk of being taken advantage of by online con men. As far as that goes, I don’t think folks should have to overpay for a genuine signature, either. I love the Sub Press and PS Publishing editions of my stories, and I think they give value for the price, by producing remarkable books: great paper, great covers, bonus material, etc. The signature in the front of these books is, I think, the least interesting and least valuable thing about them.

With that in mind, I had an idea I wanted to throw out there. I’m doing a signing at Water Street Books in Exeter on October 1st. They’ll have HEART-SHAPED BOX in soft and hardcover, 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS in soft and hardcover, and LOCKE & KEY in hardcover. If you’d like a signed book, call them between now and October 2nd, and place an advance order. You’ll only have to pay cover price, plus shipping and handling. And you’ll know it’s the real deal.

Just two rules. They’ll only ship three books per household. And I don’t know how many people will call in, but if they get a really, really ridiculous number of orders, at some point, I’ll have to say that’s it.

So if this is something that interests you - if you want to nail down a signed book or three, and you can’t make it to one of my fall appearances - give Water Street Books a call and they’ll help you out. I’m glad to personalize - just say who you want it for. Here’s Water Street’s info:

Water Street Books

125 Water Street

Exeter, NH

603 778-9731
    thanks much for the info... i ordered two personalized locke & keys!!!...

one for me and one for my girlfriend. yee haaa!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the posting the blog Karen, I just ordered all three books. I do not have a personalized Joe Hill book, but I now will soon! Who Hoo!!!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Lurking

Sweet. Glad I could help out.

I will be there in two weeks getting a TON of books signed! LOL

And I will be picking up the new Locke & Key and paperback 20th CG! SWEEEEEET!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 332 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast