Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 332 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From an auction listing:

The missing chapter from the Deluxe edition of Horns
    By Joe's own admission, The Surrealist's Glass was a confused and corrupt first draft of Horns, the best elements of which eventually finding their way into his excellent novel Horns
    This chapter was an exclusive extra, only found in the deluxe traycased copies of Horns - Unfortunately some of those copies were mistakenly printed without it - This chapbook was produced as a supplament, just for the copies it was missing from
    As there were only 200 numbered copies of the deluxe traycased edition produced, and not all deluxe copies were actually missing it, It's unlikely that there were more than 200 printed - In reality, probably far less
    A way cool collectable, which no copy of Horns should be without !
    Cover Art: Vincent Chong
    A true collectors edition, in fantastic condition
    Very scarce

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Sounds interesting, Marco. Think I'll make this a go.

sk
    Siep, if you do just drop me a note. It'd be nice to meet you in person !
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    If he is not doing any UK appearances around the same time, I might try to go also.
    I think Joe will be doing a book tour in the UK once The Fireman has been released (I heard some rumours about this).
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the best info I was able to find re: Surrealist's Glass

You were working on a novel called The Surrealist’s Glass. What happened to that?

The Surrealist’s Glass and HORNS are very different novels (the biggest difference being that HORNS is good, and The Surrealist’s Glass wasn’t). Yet they had similar underlying concepts. In The Surrealist’s Glass, my hero wound up in possession of an unlikely lens; when he looked through it, he could see people’s secrets. In this way, they served a similar function to Ig’s horns. And several scenes in HORNS appeared in a cruder earlier form in Glass.

So The Surrealist’s Glass will never be published?

In one sense, no. In another sense, Glass was a confused, corrupt, first draft of HORNS; the best elements of Glass made it into print after all.

I’d add that years and years ago I wrote an epic fantasy novel called THE FEAR TREE… and that also involved someone with a power to divine people’s most closely guarded secrets. I’ve been playing with the concept for a decade, but only finally got it right with HORNS. And if that sounds strange, all I can say is I think it’s pretty typical; writers tend to revisit the same themes, tropes, places, and concerns, again and again, until they figure out how to use them in a satisfying way. So, for example, many of the ideas in Locke & Key existed first in a pair of unpublished novels: The Briars and The Evil Kites of Dr. Lourdes (yes – that was the actual name). It just took a while for all the elements to gel.
    The signed traycased edition of Horns through PS Publishing offers “a little extra something” from you, Joe. Any hints?

PS Publishing will be including a chapter from The Surrealist’s Glass, and a chapter from an earlier draft of HORNS, featuring a character who was dropped from the book. There will also be a brief introduction to the bonus materials, titled “Fucking Up.”
    Archive of Joe Hill Fiction: The Devil IS in the Details
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    This is the best info I was able to find re: Surrealist's Glass

You were working on a novel called The Surrealist’s Glass. What happened to that?

The Surrealist’s Glass and HORNS are very different novels (the biggest difference being that HORNS is good, and The Surrealist’s Glass wasn’t). Yet they had similar underlying concepts. In The Surrealist’s Glass, my hero wound up in possession of an unlikely lens; when he looked through it, he could see people’s secrets. In this way, they served a similar function to Ig’s horns. And several scenes in HORNS appeared in a cruder earlier form in Glass.

So The Surrealist’s Glass will never be published?

In one sense, no. In another sense, Glass was a confused, corrupt, first draft of HORNS; the best elements of Glass made it into print after all.

I’d add that years and years ago I wrote an epic fantasy novel called THE FEAR TREE… and that also involved someone with a power to divine people’s most closely guarded secrets. I’ve been playing with the concept for a decade, but only finally got it right with HORNS. And if that sounds strange, all I can say is I think it’s pretty typical; writers tend to revisit the same themes, tropes, places, and concerns, again and again, until they figure out how to use them in a satisfying way. So, for example, many of the ideas in Locke & Key existed first in a pair of unpublished novels: The Briars and The Evil Kites of Dr. Lourdes (yes – that was the actual name). It just took a while for all the elements to gel.
    The signed traycased edition of Horns through PS Publishing offers “a little extra something” from you, Joe. Any hints?

PS Publishing will be including a chapter from The Surrealist’s Glass, and a chapter from an earlier draft of HORNS, featuring a character who was dropped from the book. There will also be a brief introduction to the bonus materials, titled “Fucking Up.”
    Archive of Joe Hill Fiction: The Devil IS in the Details

Thanks Bev/wolfehr.

I gather the chapbook is only about 7 pages long so that gels with the quote above that only one chapter was included in the signed, traycased edition.

One's going for GBP£50 on ebay which feels a bit too high given its only a snaphost of the overall story.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Finally added this to my Joe Hill collection:

Thank you, Pete & Nicky!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. Congrats.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

How do I get on the list for these FREE Advance copies? I have to always buy them. I'm happy to write reviews.

Can someone PM me the secret sauce recipe, please?
    Curt

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a proof collector, just excited to read The Fireman. I may have to pony up for an ARC when they start hitting eBay. I can always move it once I've carefuly read it, haha

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    I'm not a proof collector, just excited to read The Fireman. I may have to pony up for an ARC when they start hitting eBay. I can always move it once I've carefuly read it, haha
    I'm with you on that! I'd like to do some sort of borrowing system for this if anyone gets one. I have no interest in keeping an ARC just read a pass along.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I DO now collect proofs, so anyone that wants to share the love, PM me!! I plan on keeping them and not selling so it's for a good cause.

Based on the forum, I am saying Joe Hill proofs of course......

.....but any cool author.....YES PLEASE.

Oh wait...I keep forgetting Joe Hill thread and not the Begging thread. haha!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that I have an extra NOSFERA2 US Proof
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My lettered NOS4A2 is on its way!

sk

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My lettered NOS4A2 is on its way!

sk
    That's great news! Hopefully that means that the regular limited edition is on its way, too!!! Woot!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The lettered was shipped by (and directly bought from) IDW; the regular limited via SubPress, Dan.
    Shouldn't be too long, I would think.

sk

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. This is so confusing! I paid for my regular limited on June 3rd of last year, and now the lettereds that were just announced - still waiting for my IDW NEWSLETTER by which to order one - have already shipped??!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok so my head hurts from searching the internet for this. I want a nice set of Joe Hill Locke and Key set. I know SP did the first 3, IDW did number 2 and random people did the rest. Is there a set that spans all the books or do you have to piece them together and which is the best ones for each book?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

How does CD have copies of 20th century Ghosts while I am still waiting from my copy from PS?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Ok so my head hurts from searching the internet for this. I want a nice set of Joe Hill Locke and Key set. I know SP did the first 3, IDW did number 2 and random people did the rest. Is there a set that spans all the books or do you have to piece them together and which is the best ones for each book?
    SP made a lettered and limited edition of the first three. The first two they also made a nice hardback that wasn't signed. They discontinued at the third book with no plans to finish.

IDW made a leatherbound of the first three volumes. They told me in the summer of 2014 that they planned on continuing with the release of one per summer. Since I haven't heard about the fourth, I can only assume they didn't continue. IDW also has made several other editions of the first volume. They made a signed traycased deluxe version of the first volume that came in something like eight different versions depending on what artist you wanted to use for the art. I have one of these last versions, it's pretty nice. Unfortunately, if you want a complete set of premium editions, you are probably out of luck.

I was rather upset about SP stopping. It pretty much made the signed limiteds that I have near impossible to sell without a huge loss. I think the price point was probably the problem at $250 per issue.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    How does CD have copies of 20th century Ghosts while I am still waiting from my copy from PS?
    They have the unsigned version at CD. PS shipped these a few months ago. I ordered directly from PS and I think it arrived in November. Still waiting on the signed version.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Ugh. This is so confusing! I paid for my regular limited on June 3rd of last year, and now the lettereds that were just announced - still waiting for my IDW NEWSLETTER by which to order one - have already shipped??!

Dan
    I did not receive the IDW newsletter either, Dan. I received a message from SubPress announcing the lettered NOS4A2 could be ordered. So I did and about 10 minutes later they were all gone.
    It could quite well be IDW still has a few for sale and will announce this in their newsletter. (Wishful thinking this???)

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Now i am confused. I thought i ordered a deluxe NOS4A2 signed by Joe Hill. the fully signed with wraith. where did we order those from?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Now i am confused. I thought i ordered a deluxe NOS4A2 signed by Joe Hill. the fully signed with wraith. where did we order those from?
    I ordered mine from SubPress and paid SubPress as well.
    The lettered was ordered from, and paid to, IDW. But SubPress was the intermediary.

sk

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    They have the unsigned version at CD. PS shipped these a few months ago. I ordered directly from PS and I think it arrived in November. Still waiting on the signed version.

I had seen several people receive theirs. I wrote Nicky this morning about it.

Now that I see not everyone has received theirs I feel a bit better. I thought I was the only one.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Sounds interesting, Marco. Think I'll make this a go.

sk
    Siep, if you do just drop me a note. It'd be nice to meet you in person !
    Pretty sure I'll be there, Marco.
    Will be in touch before then.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 332 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast