Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 332 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

If it makes anyone feel better, I received the email and did not order the book...not interested in lettereds nor graphic novels, even if it's Hill. So that's one book that was left for others.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to track down some of the ebooks that Joe Hill released last year (Twittering From the Circus of the Dead, By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain, Wolverton Station), but I can't find these from any of the usual UK retailers.

Does anyone know if these are still ebooks are still available?

Thanks.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    I'm trying to track down some of the ebooks that Joe Hill released last year (Twittering From the Circus of the Dead, By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain, Wolverton Station), but I can't find these from any of the usual UK retailers.

Does anyone know if these are still ebooks are still available?

Thanks.
    Those are all still showing as available on Amazon.com and ebooks.com.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available on the UK sites for these retailers.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available on the UK sites for these retailers.
    Can't you order from the US sites?

American is almost the same thing as English.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

DRM generally restricts ordering books/music/etc. from US sites if you're in the UK (unless you have a US registered credit card).

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know that. What a strange world we live in.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

DRM generally restricts ordering books/music/etc. from US sites if you're in the UK (unless you have a US registered credit card).
    An option is to set up an Amazon account with a gift card and a random US address. Or get one of the visa or Amex gift cards and register to a us address and then use that to buy the books from Amazon.

Or you could always get them via other means.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anybody listened to the audiobook version of LOCKE AND KEY? I didnt have tme to do so, so far, but I was wondering who Steve is "acting" in this version?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Did anybody listened to the audiobook version of LOCKE AND KEY? I didnt have tme to do so, so far, but I was wondering who Steve is "acting" in this version?
    I did. It helps if you've read through it before. Steve is a barge man or boat man, I can't remember exactly. He is a short lived character.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I did. It helps if you've read through it before. Steve is a barge man or boat man, I can't remember exactly. He is a short lived character.
    I agree. I really enjoyed it but had to think about the story a few times as the audio does not always paint the whole picture.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any Joe Hill S/L's they're looking to sell?

Just started collecting (only have Heart Shaped Box so far) so open to anything that might be out there (particularly from members in Europe to keep the postage costs down!)

Thanks.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any Joe Hill S/L's they're looking to sell?

Just started collecting (only have Heart Shaped Box so far) so open to anything that might be out there (particularly from members in Europe to keep the postage costs down!)

Thanks.
    I have an extra Horns. PM sent.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    I agree. I really enjoyed it but had to think about the story a few times as the audio does not always paint the whole picture.
    Agreed. Reading the books first does help with visualization of the action because you can't always tell from the audio.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I have an ARE of NOS4A2 with publicist letter laid in. If you're interested, PM me with an offer.

It's been read, but is in very, very good condition.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    Checking in to see if anyone has seen ARCs of THE FIREMAN yet?
    ARCs won't be out until the end of the month. I just received the email message with the extended preview this morning.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    ARCs won't be out until the end of the month. I just received the email message with the extended preview this morning.
    Received my email this morning as well!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Received my email this morning as well!
    Same here! Glad it finally showed up
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Great news today! Joe's coming to visit our neck of the woods at the Dutch Comic Con next year (26 / 27 March). Totally psyched!

Though it's quite early, it would be nice to have a little get together if any of you are going to attend the Con so don't hesitate to drop me a line if you plan to go!

Marco, do you know if Joe is appearing on a particular day and/or doing a reading/Q&A?

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wont claim that the 150 page preview which finally released today definitely had anything to do with me, but it might have.

I will say this; I tweeted Joe this morning regarding the delayed 150 page preview, and not 3 hours later, I saw the email had been sent out. Now normally I wouldn't believe that I had enough clout to grab Joe's attention, however he and I have corresponded via Twitter directly before and I do know he has a very keen eye for his Twitter feed. I would not be at all surprised if he got my tweet, and then looked into it and got in contact with the people who sent it around.

Just spitballing of course, but its a fun notion. Can't wait to read it!

Apparently it is The Fireman day for me. Received the Gollancz email this morning and had my copy of the preview from Post Scripts waiting for me!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Great news today! Joe's coming to visit our neck of the woods at the Dutch Comic Con next year (26 / 27 March). Totally psyched!

Though it's quite early, it would be nice to have a little get together if any of you are going to attend the Con so don't hesitate to drop me a line if you plan to go!

Marco, do you know if Joe is appearing on a particular day and/or doing a reading/Q&A?
    Joe will be at the con both days together with Chris Ryall from IDW. The exact schedule as to what they'll be doing isn't available yet but something's planned at the stage on Saturday from 15:30-16:00 and Sunday from 14:40-15:10
    Other events that take place at the stage are panels so I guess it'll be a panel
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds interesting, Marco. Think I'll make this a go.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

If he is not doing any UK appearances around the same time, I might try to go also.

On a separate Joe Hill topic, can someone please tell me if The Surrealists Glass is a stand alone, self-contained story (how many pages?) or just a sort of excerpt of ideas which turned into Horns?

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 332 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 ... LastLast