Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Mixed reviews. It sounds like I would probably enjoy this though. I'm getting the feeling it has more of the "feel" of Horns and less of HSB or most the stories in 20th Century.
    Kind of just the opposite, according to his "handlers" HOrns had more to think about, consequences, etc... NOS4A2 is a good old fashioned horror story in line with Heart Shaped Box. I was told if you liked HSB you will like this, by the publishers. When i talked to the lady, i told her i loved horns and cant finish reading NOS4A2 even though i loved the first 300 pages, it lost my interest after that.... She stated that HSB and NOs4a2 will appeal to the same fans.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Mixed reviews. It sounds like I would probably enjoy this though. I'm getting the feeling it has more of the "feel" of Horns and less of HSB or most the stories in 20th Century.
    Kind of just the opposite, according to his "handlers" HOrns had more to think about, consequences, etc... NOS4A2 is a good old fashioned horror story in line with Heart Shaped Box. I was told if you liked HSB you will like this, by the publishers. When i talked to the lady, i told her i loved horns and cant finish reading NOS4A2 even though i loved the first 300 pages, it lost my interest after that.... She stated that HSB and NOs4a2 will appeal to the same fans.
    Thanks for the information. Either way I probably will be buying the trade when it is released.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

cool!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just arrived:
    extremely jeolous! i thought that picture was awesome on his tumblr site.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got a copy of the card in the mail. And...

-Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How cool! Congratulations!

I'm trying to get one!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How are you guys getting these? I really want to get one!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    How are you guys getting these? I really want to get one!!!
    Yes, ditto!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They just posted the cover for nos4a2 - not sure if I know how to add links yet - but I'll try and paste the link I copied

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p..._detail/nos4a2

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill NOS4A2
    Gabriel Rodriguez

http://subterraneanpress.com/

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I don't like it
    Me neither
    Bummer
    reality continues to ruin my life

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This $120 signed trade is looking worse by the minute: the exclusive novella? Not so exclusive as per Joe's tweet:

Cut a novella from NOS4A2: "Wraith." Some of that material will be in a comic; the novella itself, for now, is only available thru @subpress

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I don't like it
    Me neither
    Bummer
    I dont like it either, and the first thing i thought about was my $475 shining book being ruined. But it might grow on us.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he nailed it. Read the story. He well incorporated several major things from the book.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Although I haven't read the book yet, and I was/am indeed just harping on this guy's art in The Shining thread- this looks pretty good to me. At least for this book- which, again, I have not read. Still not sure if this is the right guy for The Shining- but I've gotta say, that this piece looks a lot better than the comic book work I've seen..

Ron

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed what I would consider to be a fuck up in the illustration
    Spoiler:
    Charles Talent Manx the child abductor is wearing a hat. Nowhere in the novel does he wear a hat. In fact his aging/reverse aging bald pate is mentioned often. He looks like a chauffeur in the picture.

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;745513]I just noticed what I would consider to be a fuck up in the illustration

Agree with your spoiler!!!! I think there is just too much detail on the cover, i liked to envision what they look like, the cover ruined my imagination!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Glad I'm not the only one.

I don't like it
    I don't like it
    Me neither
    Bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    This $120 signed trade is looking worse by the minute: the exclusive novella? Not so exclusive as per Joe's tweet:

Cut a novella from NOS4A2: "Wraith." Some of that material will be in a comic; the novella itself, for now, is only available thru @subpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I don't like it
    Me neither
    Bummer
    I dont like it either, and the first thing i thought about was my $475 shining book being ruined. But it might grow on us.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

It may be a an excellent representation of NOS4A2 - without having read the book cant comment on that - but my opinion is that this style is not fitting for the Shining and this cover art does not make me want to drop everything and read NOS4A2. For me it screams comic / cartoon, not keep you awake at night horror.
    Just my very humble opinion, Crowness.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think he nailed it. Read the story. He well incorporated several major things from the book.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did say he screwed one item up.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BTW, the Subterranean Press edition will be the UK limited... and Joe's publisher will be issuing some signed copies. Exactly the same than the hardcover, but signed.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 332 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast