Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 332 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a The Fireman ARC up on ebay. Current bid is €81.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161983032528
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

113 Euro now..... That escalated quickly. At that price, I can wait until May to read.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

And even higher now. I'm sitting these out until the prices come down, which they inevitably will.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

does the book come out 7/6/16 or 6/7/16? i assume its the UK proof. and i thought in US it was supposed to be released in April!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Britain does it Day/Month/Year.

US does it Month/Day/Year.

Seeing that the book is a British publication the date would be 7 June 2016.

May 17 2016 is the US release date.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The Tales from the Darkside comic is cool, at least we'll see something from the show that never happened.

No info on the audiobook for Fireman, it's not even listed on amazon yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    And even higher now. I'm sitting these out until the prices come down, which they inevitably will.
    Same here. Obviously both the proof and ARC are most welcome additions to my collection, but I don't want to pay too much for them in order to read the novel before the releasedate. Patience is Key (pun intended)
    Noticed a picture of the ARC on Joe's Tumblr so those'll probably show up on the secondary market shortly.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So are there two pre-publication states? Proof and ARC?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    So are there two pre-publication states? Proof and ARC?
    If it's like NOS4A2 there is a Early Uncopyedited Bound Manuscript and an Advance Readers Edition. The second will be the more common.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a link to an article on CPWIII's variant cover for Joe's TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE #1
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...the-darkside-1

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Anyone else still waiting on their S/L PS Publishing 20th Century Ghosts w/CD?
    Mine arrived today. #18. The extra envelope with the artwork cards and DVD is cool.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Yeah, the one on his tumbler definitely says Advance Readers Copy vs the ones that have shown up here have said bound manuscript. I'm should have one coming as of earlier today. My Harper contact emailed me this morning to say there was one on my way. I'm guessing these are just going out.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signed Fireman available for preorder @ BAM

http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Firem...=6542123674934

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited to read The Fireman, but am opting to be patient too. I also assume prices will come down post-publication and I have enough to read to keep me busy until May

This is my latest Joe Hill related addition.

Wanted:

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

Thanks Shac! Next to figure out... I'm getting the signed bookplate from CD with the slipcase. Do I order another slipcase for an inscribed copy too??? Yeah, I know - rhetorical question!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Do I order another slipcase for an inscribed copy too??? Yeah, I know - rhetorical question!
    Haha, I actually laughed out loud. I'm pretty sure everyone here would answer that question the same way
    Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

This copy has a different ISBN than the normal hardbound so I a assuming this one has the signature sheet tipped in.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This is getting ridiculous.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hill signs everything. It's a blessing and a curse. There is going to be little added value for a signed Fireman. I guess that makes acquiring limited printings a bigger deal.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I keep my Hill books unsigned. Very limited!

Isn't this tipped-in edition the first legitimate US limited? I don't consider what CD has done neither an official limited nor very desirable. It's a third party limited but really, it's just an unsigned book with a signed piece of paper. No different from Overlook limiteds of Simmons', Straub's etc. Books. Or their rebound Bachmans. They're neat and I see the appeal, but I don't think my collection is incomplete because I'm not interested in them.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Isn't this tipped-in edition the first legitimate US limited? I don't consider what CD has done neither an official limited nor very desirable. It's a third party limited but really, it's just an unsigned book with a signed piece of paper. No different from Overlook limiteds of Simmons', Straub's etc. Books. Or their rebound Bachmans. They're neat and I see the appeal, but I don't think my collection is incomplete because I'm not interested in them.
    That's an interesting question if all of these tipped in books should be considered limited editions. I never really looked at them that way before, but there are a finite number of them released, so I suppose they are limited.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great point. But now I wondering if a limited bookplate is really worth it. I have a feeling I would be happier with an inscribed copy.

Either way, the slipcase deadline is today, so I should probably get on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

That's an interesting question if all of these tipped in books should be considered limited editions. I never really looked at them that way before, but there are a finite number of them released, so I suppose they are limited.
    I look at these things purely from the perspective of the author and the publisher. A limited edition is something produced after the author and publisher enter into a contract to produce such an edition. Anything anyone does after-market is just a signed edition or novelty.

That said, I do think the Joe Hill fans who buy the CD signed copies and add the slipcase will be very pleased with the complete presentation of the book. I make no promises about value -- I never do and I don't advise any other publisher to do so because who really knows what the market will do -- but I do think you'll have a snazzy looking book.

Plus: you can always go to a book signing and have another copy signed and inscribed in person, too.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

This copy has a different ISBN than the normal hardbound so I a assuming this one has the signature sheet tipped in.
    It's hard to say for sure. They would use a different ISBN to keep the stock trackable and sortable no matter what, so Joe could just be driving to a distribution warehouse and signing a few thousand copies in an office a week or two before the pub date. That's how Michael Koryta signed the trade copies of his last novel.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

All of that said, if you want a nice slipcase for your copy -- signed or unsigned, bought from us or bought elsewhere -- this is the last day to preorder the slipcase we'll be producing:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CASES044

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 332 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast