Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 272 of 332 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 322 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have the true measurements for the US Strange Weather edition (not what Amazon states)? Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'm going to be fiscally smart this time and not get a signed trade HC to tide me over until my order S/L four-volume set from CD arrives. I don't have multi-volume completist tendencies, I don't have spare shelf space, and I have plenty of other books to read in my TBR pile in the meantime.

So all it requires is a little bit of restraint and patience on my part.

Probably easier said than done.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Anyone have the true measurements for the US Strange Weather edition (not what Amazon states)? Thanks!
    9 1/4 in. x 6 3/8 in. x 1 3/8 in. by my measurements

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I'm going to be fiscally smart this time and not get a signed trade HC to tide me over until my order S/L four-volume set from CD arrives. I don't have multi-volume completist tendencies, I don't have spare shelf space, and I have plenty of other books to read in my TBR pile in the meantime.

So all it requires is a little bit of restraint and patience on my part.

Probably easier said than done.
    I'm sticking with the US inscribed trade, hopefully a UK inscribed trade, and the S/L.

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    9 1/4 in. x 6 3/8 in. x 1 3/8 in. by my measurements
    Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't collect Hill's S/Ls but I think I made a mistake when I didn't order one. I have the B&N signed trade and UK Goldsboro signed editions on order and those will do just fine.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe’s UK tour just started and it’s only a couple more days until the reading event in Liverpool. It’d be great to meet fellow boardies. I’ve already been in touch with jon10g, anyone else attending the Liverpool event?
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No reserve!
    And yes, it's mine....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Hill-Th...YAAOSwUchZ~Xwi

sk

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fun day at the Birmingham Joe Hill signing. Met up with Jon (JonP) and Tim (TDogz_AK47) more group photo's to follow.

Joe was really accommodating and signed plenty of books for us all. Look out for Tim's video!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shameless promotion here...
    I’ve been working on this project for quite some time, proud to inform you that my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com is now live, just in time for the UK release of Strange Weather! Any additions, corrections, remarks etc. much appreciated!

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, Marco, thanks for showing me more things to buy!

Very nice work, by the way!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Excellent work Marco!!! Thanks for putting it all in one place. And thanks for busting my little bubble thinking I was doing an okay job of collecting Joe’s stuff!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Fun day at the Birmingham Joe Hill signing. Met up with Jon (JonP) and Tim (TDogz_AK47) more group photo's to follow.

Joe was really accommodating and signed plenty of books for us all. Look out for Tim's video!
    Very jealous, Simon! Sounds like it was an awesome time! Thanks again for all that you do!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Shameless promotion here...
    I’ve been working on this project for quite some time, proud to inform you that my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com is now live, just in time for the UK release of Strange Weather! Any additions, corrections, remarks etc. much appreciated!
    Very cool, Marco! Looking forward to looking at it a little bit closer in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Excellent work Marco!!! Thanks for putting it all in one place. And thanks for busting my little bubble thinking I was doing an okay job of collecting Joe’s stuff!
    Always something else, isn't there, guys.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

Very cool, Marco! Looking forward to looking at it a little bit closer in the coming days.
    Thank you all ! Yeah, even though Joe doesn't have as many books and stories to his name as his dad, there's plenty to collect out there
    I still have many gaps to fill in my collection...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

And now is a good time to get this started. I think it’s a great project.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had an absolutely fantastic time at the Joe Hill signing event in Birmingham. Jon very kindly sold me his deluxe Lettered IDW edition of NOS4A2 / Wraith so that I could try to get a personalised inscription....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I had an absolutely fantastic time at the Joe Hill signing event in Birmingham. Jon very kindly sold me his deluxe Lettered IDW edition of NOS4A2 / Wraith so that I could try to get a personalised inscription....

So did you?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some photos of me with Joe Hill....

Country
    Country Flag

Some more....

Country
    Country Flag

Joe's reaction to the lettered edition was superb and he spent a considerable amount of time chatting with me!

However, it was Joe's reaction on seeing the folder containing the original remarque created by artist, Charles Paul Wilson III, which was truly spectacular!!!

Here's a link to the video of Joe signing my book and his reaction to seeing the art folder.... (Turn the sound up!)

Country
    Country Flag

A group photo of the Dark Tower crew: Simon (stroppygoblin), Tim (T-Dogz_AK47) and Jon (JonP) with Joe Hill....

Country
    Country Flag

Joe also very kindly signed the original remarque that was inside the art folder. From the 26 remarques produced, I believe this is the only one that has been personally signed by Joe Hill....

Country
    Country Flag

The absolute pièce de résistance though, is Joe Hill's personalised inscription, signature and doodle within the book itself....

Quoting directly from a passage within the book, the inscription reads: "What a blessed if painful thing, this business of being alive."

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic stuff, Tim and the video is wonderful!

Country
    Country Flag

That is absolutely outstanding, Tim! Awesome video and great group pics of the crew. It's so awesome to see that Joe is so personable.

Love the inscription and that included the date and location of it.

Well deserved, my friend and good for you! And kudos to Jon for looking ya up with that lettered!

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if the below article appears in print and if so, what issue? Thanks!

Joe Hill GQ Article

+ Reply to Thread
Page 272 of 332 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 322 ... LastLast