Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 332 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice sublimicals is on a distinguished road sublimicals's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 20th Century Ghosts

Just found an auction for the PS Publishing 1st/1st
    20th Century Ghosts Limited edition at a decent price

http://cgi.ebay.com/20th-Century-Gho...item2564465a5c

Gunslinger Apprentice sublimicals is on a distinguished road sublimicals's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Horns

filip1 has 2 copies of Horns Deluxe oon sale for only $250
    Grab one while you can

http://cgi.ebay.com/HORNS-Joe-Hill-1...item5ad982249b

I already have the Deluxe and the limited. Both look awesome

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

thats a good price for that book since it was selling for $330 new from PS Publishing.
    Simon

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It may be a good price, but to me it shows the book is not holding its value. I'm sure it will probably go for less in the future.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

You'd think for an edition of only 200 copies that it would be scarcer than it has been

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya, true. they have been selling below original price for a while now. both the 200 limited and the 300 limited.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not only that but there are less than 200 complete copies because some were printed with the extras missing, i have to say that i love my copy and that it has a nice remarque too makes it even more special!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a signed pair of devil horns that joe signed for me last year in NH when i inundated him with books an comics to sign he is a very accommodating person. super mellow down to earth guy.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect Joe because I enjoy his writing. I doubt his signature is going to be a lot in the future.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya i doubt it too. But thats kind of cool that he makes himself available to so many of his fans.

Simon

Country
    Country Flag

So I found this listed at Amazon.com today:

Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft Special Edition
    Product Details
    Hardcover: 250 pages
    Publisher: IDW Publishing (October 11, 2011)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1613770766
    ISBN-13: 978-1613770764

Product Description
    This deluxe hardcover edition of the first volume of Locke & Key presents the Eisner-nominated series in glorious oversized fashion for the first time. And in addition to the complete "Welcome to Lovecraft" tale, this Special Edition also features Eisner nominee Joe Hill's complete scripts, all packaged under a special die-cut key cover. The ultimate presentation of the acclaimed storyline that began the fantastic tale of the Locke family.

Wouldn't you consider the Sub Press edition of WtoL "oversized?" This is like a reprint of the Sub Press book. Weird...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ya i saw that too. Its like beating a dead horse.They have sold a few versions now and come out with so many so called "variants" wich are nowhere near the quality of the original artwork. IDW tends to bleed every possible drop that joe will let them. There quality is just not there. It wont be anywhere near the quality of Sub press. Im actually a little dissapointed joe is letting them get away with some of the cheese they have sold in the locke and key name.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those interested in such things (I am)

Pre-order a signed copy of Locke & Key Vol 4: Keys to the Kingdom HC from
    RiverRun Bookstore

Pre-order the next in the Locke & Key replica keys from
    Skelton Crew Studio

New ones are the Hercules Key
    And two new "Legacy" edition keys, the Hercules Key and the Head Key.

The Legacy Hercules key will have the tag signed by L&K colorist Jay Fotos for all orders received by July 14th.

Now go forth and spend money.

Karl

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    ya i saw that too. Its like beating a dead horse.They have sold a few versions now and come out with so many so called "variants" wich are nowhere near the quality of the original artwork. IDW tends to bleed every possible drop that joe will let them. There quality is just not there. It wont be anywhere near the quality of Sub press. Im actually a little dissapointed joe is letting them get away with some of the cheese they have sold in the locke and key name.
    ??? "The original artwork" was published by IDW, not SubPress. I'd say IDW can do whatever they want with it because it's their right to do so. I passed on the SubPress editions because I felt them overpriced. As for the 'cheese' and 'quality just not there' comments... 1) Joe Hill seems like a comic nerd. Comic nerds like variants. I don't think he let them get away with anything. I'm sure none of them got rich of 1000 print runs at $4 a pop. They're just cool to look at. 2) Have you seen IDW's single issue Locke & Key? They're hands down the nicest, highest quality looking single issue comics out there. IDW are compared to Marvel and DC so insignificantly small and their quality by far exceedes them and the price is same(ish). Just look at a regular Batman comic next to L&K then compare the HC edition of the same. They're not even close.

Edit: I am really sorry for sounding like an asshole. Please accept my apologies.
    I'm not an authority on comics but I do have 20+ comics on my monthly pull list so I can at least compare.

Also, that update on Joe Hill's website is neat. I ordered last 2 L&K hardcovers.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

right on. no worries

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I helped set this interview up at World Horror in May and was guarding the door to the room when it was going on.

CNN.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received these today. Interesting that the numbered art is also lettered as "A".

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, that was one though that i just couldn't justify buying because it would have been just for the signature!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't order these either, for the same reason as Tom.

Beautiful editions, though. Congrats, Jerome!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Did anyone happen to purchase an extra copy of the "Anywhere" key from Skelton Studio? I forgot all about it and never ordered it. Now it's sold out and the only one that I have seen available was selling for $150!!!! Please help me!!!! I need a complete set of keys!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

I've given up on collecting the keys. When I saw there were another batch coming out, I threw in the towel. I'm satisfied with the first 4.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I have no problem accepting your four as a gift! No really! LOL I want all I can get my hands on! I love the keys! I just ordered the three latest releases. Got the IDW key from Comic Con (which is cool). I think I need to start collecting keys as a hobby and have them framed....mmmm. shadow boxing my L&K keys...there's an idea.....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many are there really? The only one I have is the Ghost Key. SO if anyone has duplicated they are willing to part with, let me know what you are asking.

Ghost
    Anywhere
    Head
    Echo
    Shadow
    Hercules

What else am I missing?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    How many are there really? The only one I have is the Ghost Key. SO if anyone has duplicated they are willing to part with, let me know what you are asking.

Ghost
    Anywhere
    Head
    Echo
    Shadow
    Hercules

What else am I missing?
    That's all so far. You can order the IDW Key from Skelton Crew now, and the Animal and Undertree Keys are listed as coming soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 332 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast