Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 332 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    so with Brian's permission I present to you the Phoenix Doodle...

Spoiler:

yeah, the more I think about it the more I want one myself.....
    Thanks much again, Chris! Book arrived today and the doodle is freakin' awesome!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    so with Brian's permission I present to you the Phoenix Doodle...

Spoiler:

yeah, the more I think about it the more I want one myself.....
    Thanks much again, Chris! Book arrived today and the doodle is freakin' awesome!!
    Glad it made it ok, and more glad that you like it. I have decided to go down to Brookline next month when he will be there with Paul Tremblay and a couple of others and ask him to add the pheonix to the copy he signed for me in May.
    I will NOT be driving down this time and trying to find parking. It's Amtrak all the way this time!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I have decided to go down to Brookline next month when he will be there with Paul Tremblay and a couple of others
    You should pick up Tremblay's new one while you're there...supposed to be just as good as HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, and that's saying something. I ordered my signed 1st HC from an earlier tour stop of his...should be here on Thursday, if the tracking info isn't lying.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I tried getting a couple of days off work for that signing but had no luck. I'd have driven ten hours one way to get all those signatures. Malerman and Tremblay in one place is a no-brainer. Unfortunately, my co-workers can't be bothered to help me out. Oh well.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I have decided to go down to Brookline next month when he will be there with Paul Tremblay and a couple of others
    You should pick up Tremblay's new one while you're there...supposed to be just as good as HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, and that's saying something. I ordered my signed 1st HC from an earlier tour stop of his...should be here on Thursday, if the tracking info isn't lying.
    I got one the day it dropped. . I'm about a third of the way through and it is very enjoyable so far.
    I was going to go see him in NH tonight, but logistics failed.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered Head Full of Ghosts. It sounds like something I would like.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I tried getting a couple of days off work for that signing but had no luck. I'd have driven ten hours one way to get all those signatures. Malerman and Tremblay in one place is a no-brainer. Unfortunately, my co-workers can't be bothered to help me out. Oh well.
    I was at a halloween event last year in MA and I was able to meet and get signed copies from Tremblay, Golden, Hill. This will be my first Malerman and Joe specificaly mentioned Heuvelt's "Hex" at his event last week. I take that as a good endorsment.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

HEX has been getting a lot of really good buzz. I picked up a signed 1st UK HC from Goldsboro just based off all the positive comments I'd read/heard. Heuvelt's on a U.S. tour, and I may go see him at his Seattle stop in July. Trying to think of the justification, though, to brave the rush hour traffic and bridge tolls, since I already have a signed UK HC and don't want to spring for the U.S. HC...so we'll see. I just started reading HEX last night, so we'll see how good the book is before I make the decision; if it's really good, might be neat to just get a personally inscribed bookmark to lay in the book (want to keep the book signed only).

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad it made it ok, and more glad that you like it. I have decided to go down to Brookline next month when he will be there with Paul Tremblay and a couple of others and ask him to add the pheonix to the copy he signed for me in May. I will NOT be driving down this time and trying to find parking. It's Amtrak all the way this time!
    Smart man! Hope it works out for ya.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Is anyone in the US still waiting for their Goldsboro Fireman? Beginning to suspect a potential problem..

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm still waiting.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Is anyone in the US still waiting for their Goldsboro Fireman? Beginning to suspect a potential problem..
    Mine arrived today. A beautiful book.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    Mine arrived today. A beautiful book.
    still waiting! too.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting too!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks, all. Guess it's just an extra slow boat.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Joe Hill, Author

Goldsboro just arrived! Packed well. No damage. I like that this edition has a limitation page. Even though it's really just the 1st UK with the red edges. I'm sure those who are still waiting will get yours any day now.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Goldsboro just arrived! Packed well. No damage. I like that this edition has a limitation page. Even though it's really just the 1st UK with the red edges. I'm sure those who are still waiting will get yours any day now.
    Mine arrived, too. I like the limitation page as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Relaxed

Cue sinister smile: You'll not believe me when I tell you all that I only posted that query to magically jump-start the arrival of the book. It works more often than not. You have to make an official evocation, with witnesses. Of course, as planned, my copy arrived today as well. All who received theirs today- you're welcome.

What a good-looking book! Nice that it came pre "brodarted" as well. Thinking about springing for one of those nifty UK-specific slipcases I saw here earlier. Good quality?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Joe Hill, Author

Thanks Ron! It works like magic. And yes those slipcases from Jeff are great. I have many from him and the quality is top notch.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks for the testimony, Paul. I'm in. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting into this book, and my reading time is incredibly sparse nowadays so I have to choose wisely. This is feeling like one of those that I'd probably like- with a lot more time for patience in my life. Just ain't got it now. Later, I hope.

Incidentally, I saw up earlier that you liked HORNS. That's my favorite. Such an out-of-the-box book, but very satisfying.

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting as well. Maybe tomorrow since the gears seemed to have been greased . I'll 2nd the slipcases from Jeff as well. Good stuff.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Incidentally, I saw up earlier that you liked HORNS. That's my favorite. Such an out-of-the-box book, but very satisfying.
    Oh yes, I loved Horns so much. It has unexpectedly become one of my all-time favorite books.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the testimony, Paul. I'm in. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting into this book, and my reading time is incredibly sparse nowadays so I have to choose wisely. This is feeling like one of those that I'd probably like- with a lot more time for patience in my life. Just ain't got it now. Later, I hope.

I finished The Fireman yesterday. One of the least favorite novels I've read in a very long time. I felt nothing for the characters at all.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Jeff sent me these pics of the final product:

Looks fantastic! He finished up mine yesterday. It's going to look fabulous with the red edged edition(and any other one for that matter). Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 239 of 332 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 ... LastLast