Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 332 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Savage review of N0S4R2 on A.V. Forums;

https://tv.avclub.com/amc-s-adaptati...00d-1835130372
    Kind of what I was expecting but really was hoping wouldn't happen.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Savage review of N0S4R2 on A.V. Forums;

https://tv.avclub.com/amc-s-adaptati...00d-1835130372
    Kind of what I was expecting but really was hoping wouldn't happen.
    Can't be as bad as The Mist tv series.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

The first episode seemed pretty “made for tv” to me. We’ll see how it pans out but I’m not hopeful.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I never did get a chance to post this here.
    A few years ago I rescued this from my library. It has the library markings on the title page, which I don't have shown because it's a travesty, but as you can see, the signature page looks great. The dj has the library call number on the spine. You can see it on the bottom left. I may try to remove it one day, very carefully. It has a Mylar dj wrap that I left on.

I was pretty shocked to find this signed, with a #1, in my local library. Granted, Joe wasn't well known when his first book came out. But still, how did my library end up with a signed limited from the UK?

PS. I took these pictures with google photoscan and they came out really nice.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Sad state of affairs to see copy #1 (!!) relegated to an ex-library copy...kudos to you for rescuing it!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Sad state of affairs to see copy #1 (!!) relegated to an ex-library copy...kudos to you for rescuing it!
    Maybe it was a PC copy that went out with a blank line and some smart ass put in a 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I certainly wasn't said smartass. Until someone turns up with a #1, I'll assume it is what it appears to be. Unless something comes along, it'll be the best Joe Hill permanent collectable in my collection.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    The first episode seemed pretty “made for tv” to me. We’ll see how it pans out but I’m not hopeful.
    Agreed, and oddly very 90s looking with the shaky blurry camera shots in the woods. I don’t think they are giving the audience the benefit of the doubt in explaining everything at least twice. After how faithful and well made the Terror was I was expecting more of the same from amc but guess not. There was some good stuff though.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think 'NOS4A2' is decent so far. It's taking quite a few liberties with the book (to the point where it's more of a 'reimagining' than an adaptation of the book's story) but it's not like 'Under the Dome' which just kept the basic premise and character names.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I think 'NOS4A2' is decent so far. It's taking quite a few liberties with the book (to the point where it's more of a 'reimagining' than an adaptation of the book's story) but it's not like 'Under the Dome' which just kept the basic premise and character names.
    I'm not a fan of the changes to the beginning of the book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm not a fan of the changes to the beginning of the book.
    Not at all

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently there’s going to be a Locke & Key announcement at SDCC this year.

https://twitter.com/gr_comics/status...030324742?s=21

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably the : absolute mega ultimate final limited collectors edition!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like there is a NOSFERA2 digital miniseries titled GHOST on AMC
    > https://www.instagram.com/p/ByoatP4AIw2/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Apparently there’s going to be a Locke & Key announcement at SDCC this year.

https://twitter.com/gr_comics/status...030324742?s=21

He teased a new "World War Key" series a while back.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldnt be surprised if it would be related to the series planned for 2020 and whose shooting recently finished

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I never did get a chance to post this here.
    A few years ago I rescued this from my library. It has the library markings on the title page, which I don't have shown because it's a travesty, but as you can see, the signature page looks great. The dj has the library call number on the spine. You can see it on the bottom left. I may try to remove it one day, very carefully. It has a Mylar dj wrap that I left on.

I was pretty shocked to find this signed, with a #1, in my local library. Granted, Joe wasn't well known when his first book came out. But still, how did my library end up with a signed limited from the UK?

PS. I took these pictures with google photoscan and they came out really nice.
    Damn, what a find!

Did you pay the lost book fee to the library?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Well I certainly wasn't said smartass. Until someone turns up with a #1, I'll assume it is what it appears to be. Unless something comes along, it'll be the best Joe Hill permanent collectable in my collection.
    Just saw this and for the record, I wasn't accusing you. I could see how you might have read that in what I wrote. I totally agree with you--I'd take it on face value that somehow #1 ended up as a library copy and count myself as the lucky and proud current owner of such a beauty.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Just saw this and for the record, I wasn't accusing you. I could see how you might have read that in what I wrote. I totally agree with you--I'd take it on face value that somehow #1 ended up as a library copy and count myself as the lucky and proud current owner of such a beauty.
    Oh, no you're good, there definitely are people out there who would do that. I laughed at your comment when you posted that. We're all cynics.

~Patrick
    Yes, I bought/paid the lost fee for the book. I couldn't let it get circulated anymore. The library ended up selling off a huge amount of books... so they could move the media section... so that a new teen arcade could be installed... because why encourage teens to read at a library when they can play ping pong? I went and checked what remained of Joes, Nos4r2 and The Fireman, both paperback.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press is selling signed Joe Hill paperbacks in conjunction with Joe and IDW to benefit UNHCR
    https://subterraneanpress.com/signed-book-for-charity

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the Character development for NOS4A2 series has been great. lets see how the screenplay writers do. I think it has potential.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    I think the Character development for NOS4A2 series has been great. lets see how the screenplay writers do. I think it has potential.
    So far, I've been kinda bored with it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    So far, I've been kinda bored with it.
    Same. I’ve already stopped watching. Could have been so much better.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still enjoying it, but it does seem like they're taking their good ol' time with moving the plot along.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I cant find it anymore, but last week someone shared a tweet that confirmed that the tv series will be released on february 2020.
    Does that ring any bell?

Thanks !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 332 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 ... LastLast