Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 332 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Mmh, it is to expensive for a signed book with 750 copies from Hill! Ok, Hill is good, but so expensive?? 1000$ for the lettered one? What do u think? I would say, with 750 copies there should be some pics in the secendary market? Mmh, grrrrr. thinking about the lettered one ^^
    I don't see $125 as that expensive. That includes shipping as well. So if you wait until 3-6 months after release, you might find one for 20% off, or $100. Add on shipping and you are at $110. Is it really worth the wait for $15? Unless you are gonna hold out even more and look for a copy at $75 or less. I think it is good price.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

If there are any left on the 14th (payday) i may buy one, loved the story

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I happened to check my mail about a minute after they released, so had the option of a lettered .... couldn't bring myself to spend $1K on something not King though. Got an S/L. Now I guess I'll actually have to read Joe Hill, and will likely start with this one.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm saving my $$$s for the Lettered Edition of The Shining!!!!!!

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy......

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    If there are any left on the 14th (payday) i may buy one, loved the story
    Hi,
    so you dont miss out you can always order one and checkout useing pay by check. that will buy you some time

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If king is the literary equivalent of a big mac and fries, then i guess that would make joe a big mac snack wrap and small fry
    not as filling, but still a hell of a lot of fun to eat.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

S/L for me !!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I think with all the extras and the artist they chose for the illustrations $125 was a fair price. I don't buy any of these as an investment so I just think of value. The arc or are sold for 175-ish and that to me is way out of the price range to read a Hill book early.
    Although I don't understand why ARCs/AREs have any value once the book is released.
    Again I'm not a collector, I just like cool stuff.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

this is exactly what people thought when Carrie was released. In fact there was much more harsh critisizm than Joe gets.
    granted it was $6 for a copy when it was released but how much is a fine 1st worth now? with signature??
    Just sayin

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    S/L for me !!
    Me too!! Hurrah...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I ordered 4 S/Ls and 1 Lettered
    Correction...ordered one of each. I went back to order 3 more S/Ls to sell at Betts and it will not let me check out.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered an S/L. I was actually suprised that the price was only $125. Not that I think it should be higher, but Sub Press seems to think so on his books, typically. The Locke & Key S/L's are $250. The lettered seems very high to be. I might have been tempted at $500, but $1,000 is too high.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean's website will tell you how many copies of a book are left if you try to order too many. There are currently 301 of the limited, and 5 of the lettered.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Mmh, it is to expensive for a signed book with 750 copies from Hill! Ok, Hill is good, but so expensive?? 1000$ for the lettered one? What do u think? I would say, with 750 copies there should be some pics in the secendary market? Mmh, grrrrr. thinking about the lettered one ^^
    I don't see $125 as that expensive. That includes shipping as well. So if you wait until 3-6 months after release, you might find one for 20% off, or $100. Add on shipping and you are at $110. Is it really worth the wait for $15? Unless you are gonna hold out even more and look for a copy at $75 or less. I think it is good price.
    I agree with Eric. I locked in a couple of the S/L's and can now forget about it until they show up in the mail one day and surprise me.

The Lettered is way too expensive, in my opinion.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I agree with Eric. I locked in a couple of the S/L's and can now forget about it until they show up in the mail one day and surprise me.

The Lettered is way too expensive, in my opinion.
    So, you were able to order more than one? It sounded like you couldn't according to David at Betts.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So, you were able to order more than one? It sounded like you couldn't according to David at Betts.
    I didn't know that. I put a "2" in the quantity box on Sub Press' website and completed my order. It appeared to go through on the confirmation email I received.

If it gets knocked down to one book later, I'll be ok with that.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't try, but David did here Linky

Perhaps it was a mistake on his part.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As mentioned in the Joe Hill thread, where I assume this will be merged someday, earlier today I ordered two of the S/L's. The order appeared to go through just fine based on the confirmation email I received.

The price tag on the Lettered is way too high, in my opinion. At half that price I would have been tempted, but at a cool grand, there is no chance.

22 of the Lettered editions have sold so far (only 4 left), so it appears to be working out well for Sub Press.
    Last edited by Patrick; 12-03-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: clarification

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know if the S/L comes in a slipcase?

EDIT: Just sent me a message, they don't. Now I'm not sure if I should get it. The IT SE from Cemetery Dance cost exactly the same, was a bigger book and had a slipcase. Not to mention their Shining SE at 95$ comes with one.

I just hope the extra novella will be published separately from this.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Let's not candy coat this for a moment. We all know this edition is expensive because of Joe Hill's fee and because he is King's son. Want proof? Look at small presses and absolutely fantastic, unique and affordable lettered editions they're doing. Those lettereds max out at $500. Shit, Dark Regions are doing a lettered/deluxe edition of 13 copies of Tom Piccirilli's new book and it's priced at $300. Compare the extras and what descriptions say the book will look like, and Hill doesn't even come close. More proof? Write ups and endorsments by Uncle Steve create carreers. Show of hands who read Cronin before King endorsed him? He did a write up for Clive Barker without actually even reading the book and Barker's carreer exploded after it. Joe Hill was a published author before the news who his dad broke, but after people found out it became a totally different level of success and his limiteds have gone up in price. I fully admit to buying Heart-Shaped Box because someone told me he's King's son.

This is a smart business move for SubPress. They're milking the collectors because they know they can. This book is priced the same as Simmons and GRRM. In what reality does Hill outsell either of those authors? Again, I like and collect Hill, but the price of that lettered is too expensive for a writter with two novels out, both of which have been remaindered.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

For the record, I did try to buy the book but the shipping is $36 (thirty six, no typo) to Canada.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You summed it up perfectly, WDIL. I'm not discouraging anyone from buying these books because I'm sure they're going to be nice, but there's just too big a discrepancy between Joe's actual position as a writer in the bigger scheme of things, and what book publishers make him out to be.

I'll stick with the trade edition.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think being SK's son only goes so far--Joe Hill is a very talented author and he hasn't milked his connection to SK nor has SK really shilled for him like he has for others. They wrote two short stories together but that's it.

Both Tabitha King and Owen King have written stuff and neither have gotten close to the same level of recognition that Hill has received.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't why I ordered and read THE PASSAGE, but I don't think it was because King hyped it. I usually disagree on his opinions of books anyway. I usually buy limited edition books because I have already read some stories by the author and liked them well enough to take a chance on a limited edition of his or her work. The few things I've read by Joe Hill did not grab my interest at all, so that is the reason I am passing on this one. I am vastly more excited about getting my lettered Vance books (which are much more reasonably priced) from Sub Press since he is my all time (tied with one other) author.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 332 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast