Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 332 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    The nocturnal box for July had a cheap nos4r2 licence plate in the box

I'm just about to open mine.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    The nocturnal box for July had a cheap nos4r2 licence plate in the box

I'm just about to open mine.
    Pics?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Where would you buy the left over exclusive copies from SDCC? Will they be listed on a site some where? Sorry for my ignorance.
    Unfortunately eBay will be your best bet as these will likely sell out at the con.

Not sure if you already know about Waterstreet Books in New Hampshire but Joe regularly stops in and signs orders. I've ordered a few things from them and have Heaven and Earth on order to be signed. They're good people there.
    Totally concur about Water Street. The only place to buy trade Hill stuff IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And here's the waterstreet link:

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/preo...ather-joe-hill

I'll probably just order from them (like I've done many times before)

As for IDW listing books from the con you've got to check back regularly - there can be a bit of delay before they list, then they have a few separate sites - it can be a PITA
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Where would you buy the left over exclusive copies from SDCC? Will they be listed on a site some where? Sorry for my ignorance.
    Unfortunately eBay will be your best bet as these will likely sell out at the con.

Not sure if you already know about Waterstreet Books in New Hampshire but Joe regularly stops in and signs orders. I've ordered a few things from them and have Heaven and Earth on order to be signed. They're good people there.
    Totally concur about Water Street. The only place to buy trade Hill stuff IMO.
    Thanks for all the info. I will try to check Water Street and IDW for copies. I did see Amazon is selling the regular version and may just end up ordering that as my budget is pretty slim at the moment.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think I am Joe Hill'ed out after the Fireman signed copy fiasco.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

If anyone still has a lettered deluxe edition of the Fireman for sale. Will you please PM me ? (:

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I think I am Joe Hill'ed out after the Fireman signed copy fiasco.
    I'm right there with you. I skipped the PS S/L of The Fireman and I don't know if I am even going to look at any copies of Strange Weather, whether it be a flat-signed or S/L. Just too many different editions.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any word of a Strange Weather tour?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    If anyone still has a lettered deluxe edition of the Fireman for sale. Will you please PM me ? (:
    Still on pre-order.
    I have no idea when PS will get around to finally publishing it.

sk

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I just got back from a week away last night and found my shipment from PS that included the Fireman S/L. While checking it out, I looked for the Blacked Out Price, and didn't see it. I thought that perhaps by this time they had seen the postings voicing disappointment and stopped doing it. Just to refresh my memory I just reread the relevant posts from early January. What happened was that the £60 had been crossed out as the price was £70.

My copy, just received however was not crossed out. Instead it had a price of £70. Only thing I can figure is these are "2nd state" DJ's with the "correct" price. So, now I am conflicted. . Should I be pleased that my DJ was not defaced, or bummed that it is not a 1st state?

I'm pleased either way, don't get me wrong. It's just one more example of why Book Collecting is not for the faint of heart or easily frustrated!!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I just got back from a week away last night and found my shipment from PS that included the Fireman S/L. While checking it out, I looked for the Blacked Out Price, and didn't see it. I thought that perhaps by this time they had seen the postings voicing disappointment and stopped doing it. Just to refresh my memory I just reread the relevant posts from early January. What happened was that the £60 had been crossed out as the price was £70.

My copy, just received however was not crossed out. Instead it had a price of £70. Only thing I can figure is these are "2nd state" DJ's with the "correct" price. So, now I am conflicted. . Should I be pleased that my DJ was not defaced, or bummed that it is not a 1st state?

I'm pleased either way, don't get me wrong. It's just one more example of why Book Collecting is not for the faint of heart or easily frustrated!!!
    That'd bug the hell out of me too, Chris. Gotta have both
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

That'd bug the hell out of me too, Chris. Gotta have both
    PS indeed created new dustjackets with a £ 70 price so you could call it a 2nd state dustjacket. I now have copies of both, the blacked out £ 60 version and the £ 70 one. Adding to the pile of a gazillion different versions/editions of The Fireman....
    Who knows if it will one day be as special as the 'Salem's Lot dustjacket versions
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

, Marco! Stranger things have happened. Or maybe it's just the Strange Weather

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I've officially decided I'm done with Hill collecting. Will likely sell my collection in the near future.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've officially decided I'm done with Hill collecting. Will likely sell my collection in the near future.
    Reeeeeallly...

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Reeeeeallly...
    Haha it's a very good possibility. I was so hopeful when subterranean published NOS4A2. They did such a great job with it I thought for sure it would be his go to publisher. When he went back to PS I was bummed because I know their history of producing subpar editions.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Reeeeeallly...
    I have 20th Century Ghosts S/L up on eBay at the moment.

Country
    Country Flag

Latest case from Jeff. Post #11.

Sharp Shining Slivers

Country
    Country Flag

Latest case from Jeff. Post #11.

Sharp Shining Slivers
    CUTE!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Reeeeeallly...
    I have 20th Century Ghosts S/L up on eBay at the moment.
    I KNEW that username looked familiar!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I KNEW that username looked familiar!
    My username was once mentioned in an article in Forbes magazine! The author of the article was dipping his toe into eBay back when it was fairly new and he bid on a copy of the Easton Press Dead Zone that I was bidding on. Seeing my user name, he figured his odds of winning were slim...

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in the first printing trade sized paperback of 20th Century Ghosts? Signed in front of me in Toronto at the promo tour for Horns. It says "Best, Joe Hill" and has a doodle of a ghost. I also have the first two trade hardcovers of Locke & Key, both first printings, both signed by Hill at the same event. I could email the pictures upon request. All three books are in fine condition.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Reeeeeallly...
    Haha it's a very good possibility. I was so hopeful when subterranean published NOS4A2. They did such a great job with it I thought for sure it would be his go to publisher. When he went back to PS I was bummed because I know their history of producing subpar editions.
    I'm in the same boat minus the PS Publishing part. There are just too many versions of even the trade hardcover of The Fireman for me to keep track. I think a signed or inscribed first printing US edition will do from now on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 332 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 ... LastLast