Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 332 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think I'm gonna call the store in the next few days just to confirm.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've been to two of his signings. Both we're open to the public and when I got my books signed he asked my name, I never had to ask if he would personalize it. Also the first time, I got a few books signed and he did a doodle. Last time I went was for NOS4A2, and he just signed mine, but everyone that brought Locke & Key books were getting keys doodled in theirs. Of course I left mine at home which I regretted afterwards.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the Goldsboro Books of The Fireman will have sprayed edges, so this will be a "limited" variant of the UK trade edition.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Writers Panel #266: Joe Hill

Joe Hill, the author of the new novel The Fireman, as well as Horns, NOS4A2, and Heart-Shaped Box, the short story collection 20th Century Ghosts, and the comic book series Locke & Key, talks candidly about his process, his influences, horror and genre, his famous writer parents Stephen King and Tabitha King, failure, and more.

Recorded at Brookline Booksmith in Brookline, Massachusetts on November 14, 2015.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I attended this event and was impressed with the overall feel of it and just how personal Joe was willing to get about some of his Bad Times. It was also very interesting to hear about his writing habits and rituals. Good stuff!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the red edge. I am very glad I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

Where did you see it advertised?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Love the red edge. I am very glad I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

Where did you see it advertised?
    There's a sliding advertising banner on Goldboro Books homepage with it on.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Now it just needs a slipcase.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example).
    I once asked if him if he felt bad for Charlie Manx (if you've read the comic you know what I'm talking about) and he was like "I did until he started killing people." :p

IDK... maybe I'd ask if he'll ever write a full novel with his dad given the short stories they've done.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Looks like the Goldsboro Books of The Fireman will have sprayed edges, so this will be a "limited" variant of the UK trade edition.

Thanks for posting the banner. Initially it was 'only' signed, now it's numbered as well and has a physical difference so I ordered a copy as I now consider this to be a different edition of the book.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BTW, also ordered a signed copy of The Fireman from Barnes & Noble. Hope this is the presigned publisher's edition (can't imagine that Joe will sign a bunch of books for an online retailer). You can find it here.

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    BTW, also ordered a signed copy of The Fireman from Barnes & Noble. Hope this is the presigned publisher's edition (can't imagine that Joe will sign a bunch of books for an online retailer). You can find it here.
    Thanks for the link, Marco - appreciate it and of course, it's another pre-order for me as well.
    Not sure what you mean with the pre-signed publisher's edition though.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Thanks for the link, Marco - appreciate it and of course, it's another pre-order for me as well.

sk
    You're welcome Siep. The pre-signed publisher's edition (that's how I call that particular edition is the regular hardback with a tipped in signature page. Both Horns and NOS4A2 had similar editions published by William Morrow and according to the ARC there'll be one for The Fireman as well

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

sk
    This signed edition has a different ISBN than the unsigned first edition. That indicates that the publisher is releasing a signed copy.

So I ordered the CD signed bookplate version.
    I ordered the Goldsboro signed limited version.
    I ordered a personalized signed first from Waterstreet.
    I'm a B&N member. I might as well order the publisher's signed edition too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Thanks for posting the banner. Initially it was 'only' signed, now it's numbered as well and has a physical difference so I ordered a copy as I now consider this to be a different edition of the book.
    You're welcome.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

sk
    This signed edition has a different ISBN than the unsigned first edition. That indicates that the publisher is releasing a signed copy.

Repeat after me:

I do NOT have a problem. I do NOT have a problem. I do NOT have a problem.

You totally have a problem.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now you need a non signed copy to read. And the PS Publishing edition is still impending... so broke.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

sk

Repeat after me:

That B&N edition: interesting. Joe's marketing and rights teams is pulling out all the stops with this one. I wish I had the shelf-room for all these variants, but considering I'm perpetually at critical mass when it comes to shelf space, I have to be far more selective. I have the Goldsboro edition on order and had planned to pick up the PS S/L, but now I'm wondering if the Goldboro will be enough.

Bah, that's crazy talk...I need the PS, too. But that's it...gotta draw the line somewhere. Or buy yet another bookcase...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

sk

Repeat after me:

That B&N edition: interesting. Joe's marketing and rights teams is pulling out all the stops with this one. I wish I had the shelf-room for all these variants, but considering I'm perpetually at critical mass when it comes to shelf space, I have to be far more selective. I have the Goldsboro edition on order and had planned to pick up the PS S/L, but now I'm wondering if the Goldboro will be enough.

Bah, that's crazy talk...I need the PS, too. But that's it...gotta draw the line somewhere. Or buy yet another bookcase...
    I have similar thoughts. I collect limited editions. None of these are limited to me. For me, spraying the edges doesn't make it a new edition. A tipped in signature page with a different ISBN doesn't make it a new edition. Its great that everyone has rooms of space for different copies of the same title. I'll wait for the true limited edition and that will probably be the only one I get. But, to each his own, so if you want all of these "editions", go crazy.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

I went and bought another bookcase last night...

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I went and bought another bookcase last night...
    This is the correct solution to the problem of too many editions.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I have read 6 of the stories in the Best of SFF he edited and I have say 4 of the stories are amazing.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t know if someone is pulling my leg or not but I hear the other day that Joe has a rare medical condition. It’s similar to sleep walking but its sleep autographing. They said he has full-time staff that place books in front of him while he sleeps and on a good night he can sign a full pallet of books.

Spoiler:
    OK so I may have just made that up but it sounds plausible
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Goldsboro usually puts on their limitation page that the book was bound specifically for them. Now here's another sprayed listing from a different seller. Is it the same book or another variant?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

So Goldsboro usually puts on their limitation page that the book was bound specifically for them. Now here's another sprayed listing from a different seller. Is it the same book or another variant?
    Noticed the same advertisement. Since there are already so many different editions/variants I just ordered a copy from them as well...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 332 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast