Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 332 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The good news for SF Bay Area fans is that the Petaluma stop is second on the tour.
    Joe is likely to not be exausted. Thus he is likely to stay a while and sign.
    People with multiple books, comics should only go through the line with one item, then return to the end of the line.
    Once there are only a handful of fanatics in line, then you can ask if Joe will sign 9 or 10 items, then get back in line.
    Don't be weird and bring 50 items. Prioritize your top 15 to 20 items max.
    I can’t agree with the last statement enough. In the past there have been people that brought like 30-49 comics.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. The issue isn't one person bringing 50 items, its 9 or 10 weirdos (people who only think of themselves, not other fans, let alone JH) who bring 50 items. Joe has already signed 200 plus items, the the last group wants 500 more. It's too much to reasonably expect from anyone. Not to mention that by now it's close to midnight, and Joe is on EDT, so it feels like 3am to him.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Goldsboro Full Throttle limited edition. Only 150 copies

http://www.goldsborobooks.com/product/full-throttle

THANK YOU!! I was going to quit collecting his books, but then I keep on buying!

He is the nicest man ever. I have only 3 books unsigned by him!

Even my Gift Edition HORNS is going to be signed already!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw c'mon guys! I told myself I was going to get less Hill books, including no more UK editions. Now THIS pops up and at a great price. SIGH.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well got a goldsboro email this morning - still nothing about Full Throttle in that one...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    well got a goldsboro email this morning - still nothing about Full Throttle in that one...
    Same here.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just in, you can preorder Subterranean’s limited editions of Full Throttle this Monday, 12 August 8:00 EST by clicking https://subterraneanpress.com/full-throttle
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am still trying to find a first printing of the Heart Shaped Box trade paperback. Can anyone help me out with that?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Just in, you can preorder Subterranean’s limited editions of Full Throttle this Monday, 12 August 8:00 EST by clicking https://subterraneanpress.com/full-throttle
    Link is not working
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Link is not working
    August 12th

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I am still trying to find a first printing of the Heart Shaped Box trade paperwork. Can anyone help me out with that?
    ?? paperback, as in ARC ?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    ?? paperback, as in ARC ?
    Sorry I corrected my typo. Just the standard american run trade paperback.

My Mood
    Inspired

Seems a bit expensive to me.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Is there any more information about this edition? The link isn't working for me either and I cannot find anything online.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Is there any more information about this edition? The link isn't working for me either and I cannot find anything online.
    We're pleased to announce the signed limited edition of Joe Hill's major new collection, Full Throttle, which will be designed and illustrated by Dave McKean.
    Our edition will be printed and illustrated in two colors throughout on 80# Finch, with an 8x8 trim size, and housed in a foil-stamped slipcase.
    The book you are holding is Joe Hill's first short story collection since 2005's 20thCentury Ghosts. It's been a long time between volumes, but the wait is finally over. Full Throttle is quite simply a stunning collection, filled to overflowing with wonders, terrors, and pure narrative magic. It is the work of a profoundly gifted writer who has come fully-and memorably-into his own.
    Full Throttle contains thirteen stories and novellas, along with extensive story notes and an illuminating introduction that explores the various influences that have shaped its authors life and work. The stories themselves encompass an impressive assortment of settings, ideas, and emotions. Each story, without exception, is a meticulously crafted gem.
    Many of these stories concern journeys-some of them brief, some more extensive-that lead to unexpected, frequently lethal destinations. In "Wolverton Station," an American executive boards a British train and finds himself faced with impossible-but very real-horrors. "Faun" takes its privileged protagonists through a "little door" that connects our world to. . . somewhere else. "Late Returns," a gently affecting story with just a touch of Jack Finney, offers a fictional meditation on time, mortality, and the enduring importance of books. "Throttle," the first of two notable collaborations, tells of an imperiled outlaw biker gang and offers a brilliant riff on the Richard Matheson classic, "Duel." A second collaboration, "In The Tall Grass," follows a brother and sister off a lonely state highway and into the high weeds of an occult wilderness, where time and space have come apart, and only the mad can survive. In the closing story, "You Are Released," a plane bound for Boston takes an abrupt detour through the geopolitical horrors of our age.
    Taken both individually and together, these stories show us a writer in full, mature command of his considerable gifts. Full Throttle is, of course, a dark, unsettling book, but it is also a good deal more. Each story is filled with grace notes. Each is marked by compassion, empathy, and an underlying decency that lends an emotional weight to every page. These stories may have been a long time coming, but-like their author-they're here to stay. Full Throttle is a gift to Joe Hill's many readers, and a treasure trove of story worth returning to over and over again.
    Limited: 750 signed numbered hardcover copies, in slipcase: $175
    Lettered: 26 signed specially bound copies, housed in a custom traycase: $1500
    Publishers Weekly (Starred Review):
    "Shades of Narnia color 'Faun,' in which a small door in a ramshackle farmhouse leads to a hunting ground... 'Late Returns' is a love letter to librarians and a haunting exploration of the transformative power of grief. Hill tackles his dark subjects with humanity and empathy, and his complex, fully realized characters leap into the imagination."
    Table of Contents:
    Introduction: Who's Your Daddy?
    Throttle (with Stephen King)
    Dark Carousel
    Wolverton Station
    By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain
    Faun
    Late Returns
    All I Care About is You
    Thumbprint
    The Devil on the Staircase
    Twittering from the Circus of the Dead
    Mums
    In the Tall Grass (with Stephen King)
    You Are Released
    Story Notes and Acknowledgments
    About the Author

My Mood
    Inspired

The link is the order link that will go live on the 12th guys.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Seems a bit expensive to me.
    Yeah $175 is a bit expensive for me as well... their signed NOS4A2 (which admittedly did not come with a slipcase and had to be ordered separately) was only $125 in comparison.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

8x8 trim size... Is that right?

I assume McKean is signing these as well?

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

I wondered about that too, but that's what it says. The cover artwork looks square also.

My Mood
    Inspired

I assume McKean is signing these as well?
    Jeeze - $175 bucks for an 8X8 trim size book? What the hell?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, too expensive for what it sounds like it's gonna be.

Also, anyone planning on going to the Brooklyn tour stop? I was considering making the drive.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Goldsboro edition is suddenly limited to 250 copies, instead of 150. I understand their motivation, but I can’t help but think it’s a bit scummy to increase the limitation after putting the book up for sale.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hill likes getting paid.

Well, I cancelled my Goldsboro order and picked up the SubPress edition instead. I’m a sucker for illustrations in my books and these look great.

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow. I’ll be canceling Goldsboro as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 332 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 ... LastLast