Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 332 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    ... I also was very depressed when I saw the email for $250. When I see these types of sales when the book hasn't even been released, I always wonder about the author. What do they think when prices of their books are marked up on release? Do they get mad that a store is taking advantage of his or her fans?
    I just posed that question to Joe via his website - will be interesting to see his reply if/when he posts it!

ETA: Here's a link to the thread Joe Hill Gunpowder
    Overlook obviously buys lots of other, non-Joe Hill books from PS Publishing and I'm sure gets the right to buy 10 or so copies of Gunpowder as thanks for keeping them in business with all the other books people are not willing to pay $250 for.

The indy publisher is kept in business by the indy bookseller, so yeah, Overlook makes a high profit on this book, but they will also be buying and selling other books where the profit margin is much smaller.

The customer service is a whole other issue...I've never bought from them...but they have a relationship with PS that helps both parties.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not doubting Overlook's right to sell the book - just curious, as others, at to what the author's take on it is, that's all.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I look forward to Joe's response, Gretchen. Thanks for posing the question.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually added to it over on Joe site. I have a feeling he might not want to reply to this one without offending Overlook. As Overlook does promote a lot of Joe's works. Who know, though.

I just know Brian Keene was angry at Bad Moon Books for marking up his new chapbook on release. BMB was selling the book for $38 (he had 25 copies), and the release price was $15. In fact BMB started selling the book before it was even released from the publisher. In this case Brian Keene doesn't like BMB so he took offense. Whereas Joe has no problems with Overlook as far as I know, so I was curious as if he also took offense, or not?

btw, thanks for the Joe Hill post Gretchen!
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got three personalized books from Joe's last signing--great inscrioptions!!
    From Waterstreet Books in NH.
    I'm very pleased!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I just got three personalized books from Joe's last signing--great inscrioptions!!
    From Waterstreet Books in NH.
    I'm very pleased!!
    Congrats Mike. What do the inscriptions say?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Any pictures, Mike?

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah, let's seeeeeeeeeee
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mean to take away thunder from Mike, but I also received the books from his signing, and I already have pictures. I bought all three, even though the only first was Lock & Key, because they were personalized. Heart-Shaped Box was an older signed copy from an earlier signing in May, and it just added "For Geoff". this wasn't very exciting, but I really like the 20th century Ghosts and Welcome to Lovecraft personalizations.

Geoff

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Those are cool!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

definitely!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll try and post some in the next day
    nice inscriptions!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

First of Three

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

try again

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj199/Pasiuk57/?action=view&current=029.jpg" target="_blank"img src="http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj199/Pasiuk57/029.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"/a>

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here ya go, Mike!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Great Locke & Key inscription!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for helping!!!
    finally figured it out.......

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, in photobucket all you need to do is click in the image link and it'll automatically copy - just paste in your post and you're good to go. Glad I could help!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great stuff!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Lurking

That is a great L&K inscription!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 332 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast