Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 332 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    Here's a book review Hill wrote in the NY Times recently:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/bo...sha-pessl.html
    It seems like he thought it "ok"...?
    I like this line
    "“Night Film” begins to feel more like one of his glacially paced statements — “Eyes Wide Shut,” without the redeeming value of celebrity nudity."

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Here's a book review Hill wrote in the NY Times recently:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/bo...sha-pessl.html
    It seems like he thought it "ok"...?
    I like this line
    "“Night Film” begins to feel more like one of his glacially paced statements — “Eyes Wide Shut,” without the redeeming value of celebrity nudity."
    Yeah, it didn't exactly come off as a ringing endorsement, did it?

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, apparently the Special Edition of Head Games IS out now.

http://www.tfaw.com/Graphic-Novels/P...Ed-HC___418382

I just ordered one, at any rate, so it'd better be...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I got mine Saturday. Very nice, of course.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Oh, and a LOT cheaper here. http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/lo...dition-hc.html

Country
    Country Flag

That's an understatement!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seriously? As far as I know the special edition of Head Games is still in the works. It's supposed to be a more exclusive edition than the previous special edition of Welcome to Lovecraft. Skelton Crew Studios has made a special exclusive key that goes with the book. The special edition will also house an art portfolio by Shane Leonard. And it'll be bound in black instead of brown so the pictures some sites are showing appear to be mock-up pictures.
    Could be that there will be two different special editions of course. One that accompanies the brown colored special edition of WtL and the black colored deluxe special edition....

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post

Seriously? As far as I know the special edition of Head Games is still in the works. It's supposed to be a more exclusive edition than the previous special edition of Welcome to Lovecraft. Skelton Crew Studios has made a special exclusive key that goes with the book. The special edition will also house an art portfolio by Shane Leonard. And it'll be bound in black instead of brown so the pictures some sites are showing appear to be mock-up pictures.
    Could be that there will be two different special editions of course. One that accompanies the brown colored special edition of WtL and the black colored deluxe special edition....
    This seller has them up on eBay, so it has definitely been released

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Locke-Key-Sp...item4ac7a001fd

I have not seen any information about a different edition with a special key and portfolio - do you have a link to that info?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i tried a brief search for that other special edition Marco mentioned - but could not find anything. Since I waited for sup press 50% off deal and just got the signed one - I will plan on sticking with that in the future. the limited head games finally sold out and crown of thorns still available - so I think chances are pretty good of the 4th book hanging around for a sale as well.

Country
    Country Flag

My understanding is that that special Special Edition with the key will be a different version altogether. IDW has not released any info on when it'll be out or how much it will cost, as far as I can tell. But I didn't know the regular Special Edition was out yet, either, so take that for what it's worth.

Country
    Country Flag

I sure hope there is another version. I can't get enough with the individual comics, hard cover trade, S/L, and special edition. I need to have a fourth version of the same freaking book.

I will post comparative pictures of the first and second special editions tonight. They are slightly different colors.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sure hope there is another version. I can't get enough with the individual comics, hard cover trade, S/L, and special edition. I need to have a fourth version of the same freaking book.

I will post comparative pictures of the first and second special editions tonight. They are slightly different colors.
    You forgot the trade paperbacks as well...

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post

This seller has them up on eBay, so it has definitely been released

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Locke-Key-Sp...item4ac7a001fd

I have not seen any information about a different edition with a special key and portfolio - do you have a link to that info?
    I've read this information on a couple of sites, the most complete info can be found on http://firewireblog.com/2013/08/08/i...-book-in-2013/

The looks of the book kinda remind me of the signed/limited The Stand

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think there's any doubt that IDW is going to milk the Joe Hill cow for every last drop. I've got no particular interest in some of the stuff (the keys and whatnot), but I like reading his scripts, and I also like the oversize format, because damn does that art look great the bigger it gets.

Country
    Country Flag

Try collecting the individual comics on top of that
    I've got a longbox full of Joe Hill comics, sometimes as much as 7 different versions of one particular issue

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing that link, Macro. First I've heard of it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Thanks for sharing that link, Macro. First I've heard of it.
    UR welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

I received Head Games on Saturday. I already had Welcome to Lovecraft.

Country
    Country Flag

I received Head Games on Saturday. I already had Welcome to Lovecraft.

Thanks for the visual proof
    Apparently there will be two different special editions from IDW (on top of the other limited editions from Subterranean Press).

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WRAITH will start on november
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Horns the movie slated for premier on September 6 in Canada.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Horns the movie slated for premier on September 6 in Canada.
    I was wondering about this. I'm really surprised there hasn't been a trailer for this or anything at any of the comic cons.

NO Alpha this week either. LAME.

Alpha #1 hopefully out next Wednesday...
    https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/st...61461451276289

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy of Alpha in today with the Vic Malhotra cover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 332 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 ... LastLast