Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO Max

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    No Comcast/Xfinity?
    Right? I'm going to say we're screwed. Just like Starz.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I have ATT, directV and have paid/subscribed to HBO for years - tried to log onto app today and I get message that they cannot verify my subscription through DirectV, tried using ATT - no luck either.
    I gather they have no trouble whatsoever figuring out exactly who you are and where to find you when the bill is printed (I love how that works, don't you? ).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Some last-minute updates on who gets HBO Max for free:

https://www.hbomax.com/
    Subscribers who get HBO through AT&T TV, DIRECTV, AT&T U-Verse, Hulu, Spectrum, Altice, Suddenlink, Optimum, Cox Contour, Verizon Fios TV and select independent cable and broadband providers will get access to HBO Max at launch (at no extra cost).
    I wonder if "at launch" means temporarily, and if so, for how long?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I’m a former directv - now att w hbo subscriber - still can’t get on. Spent 15 min on hold - finally spoke w someone who confirmed I have hbo and pay for it and should have hbo Max - couldn’t help me beyond that. Still can’t get in. Will try after work - I’m sure it won’t work and then I’ll wait on phone again…
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You may need to log onto att.com with your account and activate HBO Max, mine was already active and I didn't need to do anything but I believe some people do:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HBOMAX/comm...g_in_with_att/

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah I imagine there will be apps you can install or access it online with a browser. This will be like Netflix or Disney+.
    Thanks for all the info, Mae. I really appreciate you taking the time.
    I'll echo this; Mae seems to be doing a better job of making this work for people than HBO.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My guess would be that like, Disney they did not have all there shit together for the rollout. Matter of fact, from my experience dealing with DTV since, AT&T purchased them I woul;d say that they DEFINITELY do not have their shit together yet and probably won't for at least another week. Same would apply to trying to call for help. They are likely innundated with calls (and they're a fucking phone company at heart!!! lol) and will have long waits and disconnects.

Come back and try in a week to 10 days.

On a side note, say a prayer for the majority of their employee's who I've found to be knowledgeable, courteous and professional despite the constant corporate fuck ups!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Worked for me with Hulu.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Mae - just got home and saw your posts - of course when I log on to my ATT account that HBO Max isn't even listed as an option...doh - so I will try and see where else I can activate it 0 and then call again - just for the sheer torture of it all...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome, hope you are streaming as we speak! There's so much, the TCM section alone is worth it for me, love the classics!

Country
    Country Flag

well Ive been on the phone for close to an hour now - still unable to log on - we've changed password, tried multiple times, etc - seems like I am on off a lucky few where this is an issue. and oh by the way - the department that specifically deals with online issues like these has been shut down since the pandemic and not reopened yet. but the customer service woman I've been on with for nearly an hour has been helpful - but no go...shes trying to get me a promo code for free 30 days - until issue gets fixed
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear... Since you're already paying for HBO as part of your TV package, HBO Max should be free, so is it like for a free 30-day trial kinda thing? Cause right now there is a 7-day trial.

Country
    Country Flag

we tried the promo thing - unfortunately the website also wanted my CC info to start billing after 30 days - I said nope - this was the first time the woman on customer service had to go through the process - so she didn't know we would need CC info (she laughed and said she was sorry - she wouldn't have given the cc info either). so no access as of right now. It is a known issue - in case you are a Directv/Att customer. Basically check back in a week if it still does not recognize me. Seems like ATT/directv forgot to flip a switch somewhere. But she did try everything for an hour - but nothing worked...so we will see and I'll update you all if anything works, if there is a fix, etc - or when it comes online

not sure if them linking all of these accounts kinda screwed things up. when I log into directv it automatically reroutes to ATT website, etc...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

what are you trying to activate it on? I had an issue that kept getting me error messages because i had adblock and privacy badger turned on. and it would not take the activation code from my xbox. After i deactivated them for the website it worked. If you are trying to activate from a PC i would check that.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

nothing to do with ad blocker - I keep getting message that says unable to verify subscription form provider...this is my first world dilemma...now starts day 2

we all know this will not magically correct on its own - but I am off a few days next week and will call again...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Keep us informed and good luck, hope they'll be able to sort this out for you soon and you can enjoy your content! I'm really liking it, and as a free upgrade, to boot!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of miffed at HBO max because im paying for it twice at the moment lol. I signed up on 5/21 to get the 12 month discount rate locked in and it started me an HBO Now subscription that converted to HBO MAX on the 27th. I'm paying for my cable service sub until 6/4. i even called customer service and they wouldn't credit me for the week even though i did not know signing up would immediately create me an HBO NOW acct which was redundant.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just signed on for the free 7 day trial thru my tv with the app. Was simple and will cancel it before the trial ends. The Outsider for free!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Oh happy day - tried this morning and completely different screen - linked my account, sent a code and logged right in. It works now. Looks like att/directv figured it out
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Oh happy day - tried this morning and completely different screen - linked my account, sent a code and logged right in. It works now. Looks like att/directv figured it out
    Sweet! Congrats. There is so much stuff to enjoy, been watching some classic cartoons and movies. As for originals, I usually wait for the season to complete, because all HBO Max originals will follow the weekly model, like regular HBO.

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for all the updates and help...I really like it - Steph loves Harry Potter so she was psyched, Caleb always watches looney toons and we all enjoy Studio Ghibli - and I was ready to order some more movies - but the few (outside the mainstream ones) are all there :0
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

No Comcast/Xfinity?
    Yeah, that's absurd. I've been paying for HBO thru them for years, doesn't make sense why they would only give it some and not others.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    No Comcast/Xfinity?
    Yeah, that's absurd. I've been paying for HBO thru them for years, doesn't make sense why they would only give it some and not others.
    Actually, they reached a last-minute deal with AT&T, y'all are good to go: https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/hbo-max-on-xfinity

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    No Comcast/Xfinity?
    Actually, they reached a last-minute deal with AT&T, y'all are good to go: https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/hbo-max-on-xfinity
    Awesome, thanks Mae!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh, I just signed in to HBOMAX and it was surprisingly easy. I'm a Directv customer and view streaming on an AppleTV device. It was a little goofy having to go and create an account via my PC after setting up on the Apple device as an existing customer, but not too much of a hassle. So, Now I have added a ton of shit to another device and service that I used to get all in one place!!! lol Or, together with my DVD collection. Of course now I don't have to get off my fat ass to watch the movie, but I do have to figure out who the fuck is streaming it!! LOL

In all seriousness though this is getting ridiculous and expensive. I pay $100+ a month for DTV and the sports packages are extra. Then I have Disney+, Amazon prime and Netflix. And now HBOMAX which is free to me (for now I'm sure). Fortunately, my daughter and I split subscriptions. She pays for Netflix and gives me her PW and I pay for Amazon and give her mine. I pay for Disney+ and share it with my grandson's, but my son doesn't pitch in yet. It's becoming a really complicated deal to watch fucking "Friends"!! lol Just kidding about "Friends", but seriously in the past I really never gave a fuck who made the movie or TV show. Now I gotta be versed in networks, studio's and what not. lol And BONUS none of these guys have anything new except the old, HBO, Starz and Showtime I've had for years!!! lol

Ain't technology grand??? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast