Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO Max

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Then, I am relying on a solid connection through the internet? I think not.
    Don't sweat this detail, MD. Streaming service reliability has improved immensely in even the last 5 years. I live out in "the sticks" and my streaming services are more reliable than cable, and has been for quite some time (Comcast.)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    All this talk about DC crap and no mention of South Park and the rumoured 500M bidding war over the streaming rights? It's literally the only thing that matters here. I just want to know what South Park was licensed for!
    I'm not a South Park fan but the last video I posted did get into SP a lot, yes every season of South Park will be available, and future seasons too.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The DC Universe service also has tens of thousands of comics, so it’s similar to Marvel Unlimited, which is separate from Disney+.
    Right but Marvel Unlimited doesn't have streaming video, just comics. So wouldn't it make sense for DC Universe to be made into something just the same and move all their streaming video under one umbrella?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe. Or maybe that's how they wish to distinguish themselves from MU.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Maybe. Or maybe that's how they wish to distinguish themselves from MU.
    True. But I don't really think there's much need to on that front. Marvel and DC comics have pretty much held the same amount of "market share" for years when it comes to the comic books. For me at least it would make much more sense for them to put all their video streaming content in one basket. Then again WB has been making all sorts of weird decisions with the DC video brand lately.

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oof - Friends. The ultimate way to discourage me from watching.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

AT&T and Charter clients with an HBO subscription will be upgraded to HBO Max free:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/new...ng-1234585776/

Country
    Country Flag

They also just uploaded the first trailers for some of the original content:

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, this thing really disturbs me. I've been an HBO subscriber since the beginning and content as far as movies has declined somewhat, but the original content shows have held it up there. Now it would seem that some of the resources normally assigned to the regular HBO are being diverted to this new service and I scream NO FAIR!!!

I will admit I'm not "up to date" on the news and goals of the working of HBO/HBO MAX, but its owned by AT&T which is a fucking train wreck in the entertainment industry so far IMHO, so it doesn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. In fact, I get the feeling they're lubing up to screw me once again!!! lol

Anyone well versed in the proposed direction and goals for this new service?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Good news, though, Bill. If you currently have a regular HBO subscription with your AT&T (DirecTV) package, you'll get HBO Max free.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good news, though, Bill. If you currently have a regular HBO subscription with your AT&T (DirecTV) package, you'll get HBO Max free.
    Well, that is good news, but with AT&T I have to wonder "for how long". So Okay, and pardon me for being a block head, this will not appear as a new "channel" will it? It will only be viewable thru my "Apple TV" device correct?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I imagine there will be apps you can install or access it online with a browser. This will be like Netflix or Disney+.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I imagine there will be apps you can install or access it online with a browser. This will be like Netflix or Disney+.
    Thanks for all the info, Mae. I really appreciate you taking the time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe it, but I'm with Bill. I don't think it's fair that people who have HBO through AT&T will get HBO Max, when I've had HBO as part of my cable package since before AT&T ever got into the cable business. I'm inclined to cancel my HBO subscription altogether.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...h-on-streaming
    In an effort to get some of your sweet, sweet streaming cash before you eventually burn out (not there yet) HBO is launching HBO Max on May 27.

While Disney+ has The Mandalorian, The Simpsons, plus their own movies, and Netflix has their originals, HBO Max's pitch is that they'll live up to their acronym by offering up a shit ton of films to subscribers willing to plop down the $14.99 monthly fee.

The Verge adds that all of these films won't be available upon the service's launch, but most will. So if you're a cinema buff who appreciates the classics, this seems like a worthy investment.

HBO Max will launch with over 700 movies available from the outset. In addition to the rundown of classics, the catalog will contain DC Universe films, and pretty much every big release that's run on the main channel in recent years.

In addition to iconic films being a part of the package, HBO Max will also be the home to the every episode of Friends, in addition to every series from their own network (makes sense), like Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, etc.

The Verge adds that the service will feature shows from "TBS, TNT, and more." And, like every streaming service, the catalog will expand (and probably contract in a few places) as time goes on.

As for what, specifically, they're briging to the streaming arms race, here's a very long list of films from Warner Bros. and the Criterion Collection that have been confirmed to be making their way(s) to the new service (via The Verge).
    A huge addition of the Criterion Collection. Wonder if I should then cancel my Criterion Channel subscription...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

seems like everything is going the way of streaming nowadays. I'm planning on finally cutting the cable cord on the launch of HBO Max. I've bought HBO along with a cable subscription for a lot of years, but now with the pandemic, being out of work, and potential cancelling of live sports, I'm axing cable and going all streaming

currently subscribing to

Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Hulu

and adding HBO Max
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Some last-minute updates on who gets HBO Max for free:

https://www.hbomax.com/
    Subscribers who get HBO through AT&T TV, DIRECTV, AT&T U-Verse, Hulu, Spectrum, Altice, Suddenlink, Optimum, Cox Contour, Verizon Fios TV and select independent cable and broadband providers will get access to HBO Max at launch (at no extra cost). Check back with us here as we add additional partners to the list.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Comcast/Xfinity?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have ATT, directV and have paid/subscribed to HBO for years - tried to log onto app today and I get message that they cannot verify my subscription through DirectV, tried using ATT - no luck either. Then tried calling att/directv - after 10 minutes on hold I am headed to work. Has anyone had success getting onto app? or have some sort of trouble shooting page that they've found?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I have ATT, directV and have paid/subscribed to HBO for years - tried to log onto app today and I get message that they cannot verify my subscription through DirectV, tried using ATT - no luck either. Then tried calling att/directv - after 10 minutes on hold I am headed to work. Has anyone had success getting onto app? or have some sort of trouble shooting page that they've found?
    What actual subscription do you have? Is it a former DirecTV (now AT&T) satellite with HBO? Then you shouldn't have an issue. I have AT&T TV Now, a live streaming service, with HBO, and logged in fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast