Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO Max

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lovecraft Country was brilliant despite the skewed view of America. I LOVED it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Have you seen I am Mother? This seems to have a similar premise.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved I am Mother! People don't talk about it much which is too bad.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the end of the theatre experience. I was just coming here to share the same thing. HBO thank you for ruining cinema forever.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought this might be worth a look. IDK how to imbed it though.

https://www.hbomax.com/same-day-prem...n=ENG_2230_Max
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's the same promo I posted earlier. Exciting, but certainly controversial.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's the same promo I posted earlier. Exciting, but certainly controversial.
    Sorry, I thought it had just a little more info.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I really don't know what to think of this move by HBO Max. On the one hand it's amazing we'll be getting all these new 2021 theatrical releases for no extra charge (and I just recently bought a 77" 4K OLED), but I agree with the filmmakers, too. Even if they put it on HBO Max like a month after a theatrical run that would be great.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really don't know what to think of this move by HBO Max. On the one hand it's amazing we'll be getting all these new 2021 theatrical releases for no extra charge (and I just recently bought a 77" 4K OLED), but I agree with the filmmakers, too. Even if they put it on HBO Max like a month after a theatrical run that would be great.
    I don't think it's going to have the impact they think it's going to. I haven't met one person that has signed up for HBO Max because of this deal. I understand it from their standpoint, but it's shortsighted. Movie studios need theaters.

Also, Mae, I hope you're turning off motion blur when watching movies. I just got a 75 inch 4k and it's the first thing I did. Can't stand that shit.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Also, Mae, I hope you're turning off motion blur when watching movies. I just got a 75 inch 4k and it's the first thing I did. Can't stand that shit.
    Yeah took some fiddling with picture settings, but I think I have it now in a good place. I don't like the sped-up effect it has at all! Or whatever you call it. I'm too used to the normal ways. This is not a videogame! But I love how even plain HD content looks on my new TV. I was just watching some Clone Wars on Disney+ (not in 4K, plain old HD) after watching The Mandalorian, which is in 4K, and the difference is not that huge. Very happy with this TV, it was time for an upgrade as our old 40-something-inch plasma was closing in on 20 years old.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys seen the trailer for "30 Coins"? I think it's an HBO, but cou;d be Showtime or Starz I don't recall. Gist seems to involve the 30 pieces silver, Judas receoved for snitching on, Christ. Some kind of evil cult with, magic and whatnot is involved. Looks really good from the trailer that I can't seem to locate!! lol

Premiere's, January 4th I believe
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yeah took some fiddling with picture settings, but I think I have it now in a good place. I don't like the sped-up effect it has at all! Or whatever you call it. I'm too used to the normal ways. This is not a videogame! But I love how even plain HD content looks on my new TV. I was just watching some Clone Wars on Disney+ (not in 4K, plain old HD) after watching The Mandalorian, which is in 4K, and the difference is not that huge. Very happy with this TV, it was time for an upgrade as our old 40-something-inch plasma was closing in on 20 years old.
    That's fantastic life you got out of the plasma! No burn-in or anything?

Country
    Country Flag

There was a little burn-in, yes, but it was thankfully minimal and not very noticeable, and I know OLEDs can have that too but to a lesser degree.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AT&T strikes again to bleed its customers for every last red cent!!! Apparently, with the advent of "Max" and the addition of "Epix channel", all the first time films that would normally premiere on HBO saturday nights are going there instead of the regular HBO broadcast channels. On top of that, and this really grinds my grits, they are recycling films that have already premiered on HBO/Starz/Sho and making them $3.99 rentals!!! I mean come on we already paid for those films in our monthly subscription!!! That's double dipping, baby and should not be allowed. I know I can probably watch those films on another streaming service I pay monthly for, for free. It's just the principles involved that gall me.

And switching up the new releases to another channel for $6.99 is just not right!!! I know you folks will likely tell me that's the way it is now a days and so forth, but I just had to get that off my chest, Man, do I woe the day, AT&T bought Directv. DTV was one of the only corporations that seemed to give a fuck about their customers and offered EXECELLENT cust svc as well, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Are you not able to get HBO Max? But you have an HBO subscription?

I have a subscription to HBO thru cable (Xfinity) but I was able to get Max for no extra charge because I had a subscription to HBO. Only thing is I have a fire stick and it doesn't have Max on there so I have to screen mirror it to my TV. I hope this changes in the near future. It's workable but annoying.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I'm not sure what you're referring to, AT&T has nothing to do with Epix, that's owned by MGM, not AT&T. Everything that's on HBO with your subscription is also on HBO Max.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "WW84" what a disappointment. Looking forward to "All the Little Things" or something like that with, Denzel!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Watching The Little Things the night it comes out.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Yep. Watching The Little Things the night it comes out.
    Do yourself a huge favor and check out "30 Coins" on HBO, Monday's. It's got subtitles, but it's a fucking awesome. Horror plot to beat the Band!!! Centers around the 30 pieces of silver, Judas received for betraying, JC. Apparently, they have supernatural significance and there's a conspiracy within the Catholic church. 'Nuff said?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It is on the list Bill, after we are done with Yellowstone (we started it last night).
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast