Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1379

Thread: Lividian Publications.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I ended up ordering KoS through Cemetery Dance. How does that work in terms of sending out the books for those who ordered through CD? Does that create any additional delay? I'm assuming the books don't physically go to CD which would be pointless and costly but are sent by Lividian.
    When I've pre-ordered other publishers' books from CD, they have been sent to CD (as one shipment, presumably), and CD repacks them individually and sends them out to customers. The delay varies - it can be as little as a week, or as much as a couple of months.

I ordered Lividian's Heart-Shaped Box from CD, and it shipped from CD on May 3. The book was published by Lividian on April 2.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I ended up ordering KoS through Cemetery Dance. How does that work in terms of sending out the books for those who ordered through CD? Does that create any additional delay? I'm assuming the books don't physically go to CD which would be pointless and costly but are sent by Lividian.
    When I've pre-ordered other publishers' books from CD, they have been sent to CD (as one shipment, presumably), and CD repacks them individually and sends them out to customers. The delay varies - it can be as little as a week, or as much as a couple of months.

HBJ

I can't envision it happening any other way. Why would Lividian do all of the work and then turn over part of the profits to CD for basically doing nothing?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ

I can't envision it happening any other way. Why would Lividian do all of the work and then turn over part of the profits to CD for basically doing nothing?
    I'm assuming publishers have arrangements with other publishers to get a wider customer base for their product (and maybe a goodwill gesture). If they could sell as many books themselves, it would be largely pointless to make their books available to other publishers. But it seemingly makes no sense to incur the shipping costs and delays to actually mail the books to another publisher just so they can turn around and mail them to their customers. Why not just give the names and addresses to the original purchaser and save that aggravation, cost, and risk of damage to the books?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't you imagine that the resellers are getting a pretty good discount on buying the books, then selling for listed price and making a nice little profit. And shipping costs? Aren't those always passed on to the buyer?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Don't you imagine that the resellers are getting a pretty good discount on buying the books, then selling for listed price and making a nice little profit. And shipping costs? Aren't those always passed on to the buyer?
    Maybe but why bother when it could all be avoided? CD markets the book to its customers. They get orders. They pass along the name and address to the original publisher who just sends the book out to those customers. Why give the book a tour of the world?

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Maybe but why bother when it could all be avoided? CD markets the book to its customers. They get orders. They pass along the name and address to the original publisher who just sends the book out to those customers. Why give the book a tour of the world?
    except for when the books CD sells are from overseas, like PS books, now the customer is saving on international shipping by ordering from CD instead of PS , ( this is what i do for all PS Stephen King books) , but for same country publishers, notice that CD offers Lividian books, and Lividian offers Suntup books, these publishers get books from one another not just to sell, I think it is a friendly exchange system.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Shipping a pallet of books is very different from shipping individual books.

The binder will ship Lividian's books to them, CD's books to them, etc., by the pallet.

Lividian, CD, etc., will ship to their customers.

I haven't seen anyone suggest an improvement to that.

Shipping everything to Brian is not the answer.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my Lettered Heart Shaped Boxed today. Was getting nervous, as USPS said it would be delivered on Monday, and the tracking just wasn't updating. Took 4 days to get from Lancaster PA to Memphis TN.

Very happy to finally have it. Been a slow year for me, so this is the highlight of the year. I'll try to take some pics this weekend and post them if nobody beats me to it.

Thanks for the great work Brian!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Just got my Lettered Heart Shaped Boxed today. Was getting nervous, as USPS said it would be delivered on Monday, and the tracking just wasn't updating. Took 4 days to get from Lancaster PA to Memphis TN.

Very happy to finally have it. Been a slow year for me, so this is the highlight of the year. I'll try to take some pics this weekend and post them if nobody beats me to it.

Thanks for the great work Brian!
    Received mine as well and it's a gorgeous production.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Thank you for the kind words above! Sorry I missed your posts when they were originally posted!

I've shared an important shipping update on THE KING OF SHADOWS Limited Edition:

https://lividian.com/robert-mccammon...r-july-8-2022/

Thank you!

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Seeing those numbered copies lined up in their slipcases is very exciting, Brian! Very much looking forward to it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Selling my King of Shadows Limited #84 if anyone is interested. $150 includes shipping in US!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Unboxing video for What's In a Name?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Unboxing video for What's In a Name?

Clever little project. Looks first rate as always from Brian and Bev's insights will be interesting to read.

I've now shipped all of the direct orders for the Limited Edition of The King of Shadows, and the retailers have also started out the door and will be finished this week. If you haven’t received a shipping notification and you ordered directly from Lividian, please email me at brian@lividian.com for assistance.

This week is also publication week for the first-ever trade paperback edition of Mister Slaughter by Robert McCammon, and there's still some time to order the guaranteed first printings bundle of all of the new trade paperbacks, including one signed by McCammon. The bundle will begin shipping next week: https://lividian.com/store/the-matth...inting-bundle/

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

The King of Shadows has arrived, and it's stunning. Thank you Brian and co!

(More photos behind the spoiler tag)

Spoiler:

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post
    Selling my King of Shadows Limited #84 if anyone is interested. $150 includes shipping in US!
    Sold!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian, Any plans for a case to hold the paperback set?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Francois Vaillancourt has a few chapbooks that he sells with a sketch in them.
    He also still has a few posters of his covers from the "What's in a name" essay by Bev

His website => https://www.francois-art.com/

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

For the Robert McCammon bundle you are selling, you state one of the books is signed. I am just curious, did he sign the same book for all the sets, or will the signed book be chosen at random?

Any updates on the next Joe Hill book?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

For the Robert McCammon bundle you are selling, you state one of the books is signed. I am just curious, did he sign the same book for all the sets, or will the signed book be chosen at random?
    McCammon signed the same book for every set, Mister Slaughter. It has a bound-in signature page that the other volumes don't have.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    McCammon signed the same book for every set, Mister Slaughter. It has a bound-in signature page that the other volumes don't have.
    And the completists give a collective sigh of relief.

Hi Brian,

Any updates on the next Joe Hill book?
    The tip sheets only went into Mister Slaughter.

The artwork has been completed for the next Joe Hill book, and I'm hoping to have a first pass of the interior design by the end of October. This book won't be announced or put up for preorder until next year, closer to publication.

As of right now, our next book announcement is tentatively scheduled for October. That book should be done at the printer soon, and the slipcases are supposed to be completed in November, so we would be shipping in December if everything stays on track. We'll see if the publishing gods smile upon us, though!

Best,
    Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, do you have an estimate on when will copies purchased through CD be shipped? I'm talking about The King of Shadows S/L.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone want a full set of #1 to date? IF so.. message me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast