Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1377

Thread: Lividian Publications.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Brian, have you stopped doing the print runs based on pre-orders?
    Every book currently under contract has a set print run, mostly because I really wasn't loving the lead time needed from announcement to publication -- especially now that the printers are taking a couple of extra weeks and the slipcase makers are taking a couple of extra weeks. (They're all overwhelmed with work and dealing with supply chain problems, kind of a perfect storm to create delays.)

I'd definitely like to do that again with a project, though. It'll just be a matter of the timing, etc.

Thanks for asking!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Traveler sachinwalia is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Every book currently under contract has a set print run, mostly because I really wasn't loving the lead time needed from announcement to publication -- especially now that the printers are taking a couple of extra weeks and the slipcase makers are taking a couple of extra weeks. (They're all overwhelmed with work and dealing with supply chain problems, kind of a perfect storm to create delays.)

I'd definitely like to do that again with a project, though. It'll just be a matter of the timing, etc.

Thanks for asking!

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I must say that I am really impressed by two Lividian books that I've bought so far - Revival and TCG (albeit from the secondary market). I recently came into this illustrated books game about 5 months ago. Started with Folio then graduated into CD, Lividian, SST, Suntup and so on so forth. I have pre-ordered HSB as well and looking forward to it. I have few suggestions:

Lividian website although simple is a little hard to navigate. For example, a link to your online store is nowhere to be found on the home page or menu. I am not sure how expensive it'd be to have a Shopify based website but I'd recommend you explore how to simplify it. Out of all small publishers websites, I like subterranean and Suntup the most because of their simplicity and clean design.

I have a wishlist on books that I hope some small publisher makes a reality:
    - Shirley Jackson collection (short stories, or even novel size books)
    - Stephen King's Dolores Clairborne, Duma Key. (It's a crime no one has published special editions of these books)
    - Nightmare Alley (This just screams for special edition)
    - Any book by Harry Crews but "A feast of snakes" is particularly amazing
    - Devil in a blue dress (that's a dream come true)

By the way, I like the pre-order process of Lividian where you only charge once it is close to shipping.

cheers.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

sachinwalia, FWIW both Centipede and Suntup have done a Shirley Jackson project, and Centipede has done NIGHTMARE ALLEY. They all pop up from time to time on the aftermarket, though will of course be rather expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sachinwalia View Post

Thanks for asking!

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I must say that I am really impressed by two Lividian books that I've bought so far - Revival and TCG (albeit from the secondary market). I recently came into this illustrated books game about 5 months ago. Started with Folio then graduated into CD, Lividian, SST, Suntup and so on so forth. I have pre-ordered HSB as well and looking forward to it. I have few suggestions:

Lividian website although simple is a little hard to navigate. For example, a link to your online store is nowhere to be found on the home page or menu. I am not sure how expensive it'd be to have a Shopify based website but I'd recommend you explore how to simplify it. Out of all small publishers websites, I like subterranean and Suntup the most because of their simplicity and clean design.

I have a wishlist on books that I hope some small publisher makes a reality:
    - Shirley Jackson collection (short stories, or even novel size books)
    - Stephen King's Dolores Clairborne, Duma Key. (It's a crime no one has published special editions of these books)
    - Nightmare Alley (This just screams for special edition)
    - Any book by Harry Crews but "A feast of snakes" is particularly amazing
    - Devil in a blue dress (that's a dream come true)

By the way, I like the pre-order process of Lividian where you only charge once it is close to shipping.

cheers.
    Thank you for the feedback! You're the second person today who has mentioned the Store link in the menu has gone missing for them, so I'm trying to track that down now. It still shows up in the browsers that I test, but the other person said it is NOT showing on his Android phone right now. So, I'll find the cause and get it fixed!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe some cache issues?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    Congratulations on your latest announcement of Joe Hill's "Heart Shaped Box"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Brian,
    Congratulations on your latest announcement of Joe Hill's "Heart Shaped Box"
    Thanks!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Maybe some cache issues?
    Entirely possible. I've also found that the e-commerce solution I ultimately went with -- because it was the one I found that would allow me to take preorders without prepayment -- does a TON of updates, which is great, but it also means things tend to break from time to time due to those updates. C'est la vie!

If anyone ever goes to https://lividian.com and something isn't working, or a fairly important section like the Store/Shop section has vanished from the menu, definitely feel free to drop me a line at brian@lividian.com and I'll go kick the server until it is fixed.

Brian

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Out of curiosity, did someone happen to check out if there are any copies left via the Lividian distributors?

It would be nice if there was a way to find out without going to the 50 distributors' website
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like Gerald Winters, Dark Regions, and Bad Moon are still showing availability.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe i missed it, but what is the print run?
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Maybe i missed it, but what is the print run?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    It looks like Gerald Winters, Dark Regions, and Bad Moon are still showing availability.
    Beat me to it, thank you!

I’m trying to keep this page updated but I think SST has since sold out, so I’ll have to update the list when I get home:

https://lividian.com/store/heart-sha...mited-edition/

Brian

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any word on when the brodart friendly slip for Later will be shipping? Handsome design, indeed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Any word on when the brodart friendly slip for Later will be shipping? Handsome design, indeed.
    That's the fun thing about having some sizing variation in the cases AND the books... Some of the current cases fit books with Brodart covers perfectly. You just need one of the slightly bigger cases and one of the slightly smaller books.

The case maker has finished measuring all of the cases I shipped back, and it sounds like about 200 of those cases are now headed back my way. These should at least fit the original specs of the job (my book with a Brodart cover), and any that had the little flap problem have been fixed.

These should fit a good percentage of the books, but trying to figure out from a distance if the case will work for one customer's book or another's book is a fool's errand given what we've learned about the books.

So, what I'll do is fill the rest of the orders and include a note that says, "Hey, it turns out there are some variations, if this doesn't fit your book, don't panic! Please just contact me and I'll send you the slightly larger case I'm having made, free of charge. Sorry about the inconvenience!" Or something like that.

Those new, slightly larger cases are rolling into production this week, but the case makers are now REALLY far behind schedule due to supply chain problems. The best I can get out of them is "hopefully 12 weeks."

But, whatever it comes to, I will get everyone a case that fits their book!

Best,
    Brian

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the fun thing about having some sizing variation in the cases AND the books... Some of the current cases fit books with Brodart covers perfectly. You just need one of the slightly bigger cases and one of the slightly smaller books.

The case maker has finished measuring all of the cases I shipped back, and it sounds like about 200 of those cases are now headed back my way. These should at least fit the original specs of the job (my book with a Brodart cover), and any that had the little flap problem have been fixed.

These should fit a good percentage of the books, but trying to figure out from a distance if the case will work for one customer's book or another's book is a fool's errand given what we've learned about the books.

So, what I'll do is fill the rest of the orders and include a note that says, "Hey, it turns out there are some variations, if this doesn't fit your book, don't panic! Please just contact me and I'll send you the slightly larger case I'm having made, free of charge. Sorry about the inconvenience!" Or something like that.

Those new, slightly larger cases are rolling into production this week, but the case makers are now REALLY far behind schedule due to supply chain problems. The best I can get out of them is "hopefully 12 weeks."

Best,
    Brian
    For those of us who receive cases already, we will be able to exchange them for the larger case? The one I have received does not fit with the brodart on the jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    For those of us who receive cases already, we will be able to exchange them for the larger case? The one I have received does not fit with the brodart on the jackets.
    Yep, just send me an email, and I'll send you a new case when I get them!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Best,
    Brian
    Guess I got real lucky. My original case fits with both dustjackets and brodart applied.

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Guess I got real lucky. My original case fits with both dustjackets and brodart applied.
    Based on the people I've heard back from, it sounds like 50% fit like yours. 25% will fit with the DJs but no brodart. And the rest are too tight to try.

When I was a kid, my dad said, "Close only counts in hand shoes and horse grenades." (Yes, like that.) I've thought about that a lot on this project!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine was a snug fit with only a single dust jacket on the book, so I suppose I'm in the 25% who got the smaller slipcase? I'll have another look when I'm home late this week to make sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me.

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Mine was a snug fit with only a single dust jacket on the book, so I suppose I'm in the 25% who got the smaller slipcase? I'll have another look when I'm home late this week to make sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me.
    Yep, sounds like it. If you haven't already emailed me to be put on the replacement list case, please do so and I'll make sure you get updated as things progress. brian@lividian.com -- Thanks!

Brian

We've just announced our new Deluxe Signed & Slipcased Limited Edition of THE CHILL by Scott Carson, which is already 99% sold out due to strong demand from collectors who bought our most recent release. You can learn more here: https://wp.me/pbFICG-2uG

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We've just announced our new Deluxe Signed & Slipcased Limited Edition of THE CHILL by Scott Carson, which is already 99% sold out due to strong demand from collectors who bought our most recent release. You can learn more here: https://wp.me/pbFICG-2uG
    Wow! Good for you Brian!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Wow! Good for you Brian!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A well-deserved run on this upcoming Lividian production. I've seen them all so far, and each and every edition has been a top-notch edition.
    Can't wait for a preview of the lettered edition and keeping my fingers crossed for maybe a second Lividian King - Revival was an absolutely amazing edition (that lettered!! ) and I so hope there will be a follow-up.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast