Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Lividian Publications.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I am NOT LOOKING.

I HATE seeing these things before I open my parcel !!!

Just saying.

It ruins all the suspense, like knowing the end of a book or movie before you read or see it.

Does that make me weird? Maybe. Probably. Definitely.
    Even if it makes you weird it is definitely good discipline!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Seen a lettered on Ebay... man I think it is beautiful. I no longer collect books not signed by King (ONLY due to space and Suntup taking the space since I am a member) BUT I did keep the artist one and I could be tempted with this. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I saw that eBay listing, and it took me a moment to figure out who it was since only the contributors have their copies right now! If someone wants a PC that definitely was owned by a contributor, this is their chance.

Brian
    Does it bother you at all, someone selling off their contributor copy so quickly?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Seen a lettered on Ebay... man I think it is beautiful. I no longer collect books not signed by King (ONLY due to space and Suntup taking the space since I am a member) BUT I did keep the artist one and I could be tempted with this. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I saw that eBay listing, and it took me a moment to figure out who it was since only the contributors have their copies right now! If someone wants a PC that definitely was owned by a contributor, this is their chance.

Brian
    Does it bother you at all, someone selling off their contributor copy so quickly?
    Why would it? If they are not a collector... sell it. It is part of thier payment. I cannot see why any publisher would care. It is theirs to do with what they want....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

To each their own, but I can imagine it stings a little if someone you spent so long working on a project with decides to get rid of the end result immediately, like it doesn’t mean anything to them.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

To each their own, but I can imagine it stings a little if someone you spent so long working on a project with decides to get rid of the end result immediately, like it doesn’t mean anything to them.

It says NOT FOR RESALE. They number UK proofs for a reason. I assume to track who is selling.

I would love an ARC and would NOT sell it, I was going to propose, if you purchase a lettered copy of a book in that price range, you should get an ARC as opposed to someone who does not give a HOOT about the book or the production of such. Even if you have to up the price of the book a bit to cover costs.

Brian can start that with Lettered Press. It makes more sense to me to send an ARC to those actually purchasing the SOLD out books. Not like the ARC is needed to promote the book. Does it bring goodwill to the company??

This discussion about selling ARCs also took place in the Suntup thread a few days ago. I think it’s a bit scummy to flip them right away (the same goes for regular books), because I look at them as gifts from the publisher. Others think differently, and that’s fine.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've posted photos of the Lettered Edition of REVIVAL for those who might be interested:

https://letterpresspublications.com/...vival-gallery/

Best,
    Brian
    It looks awesome, Brian. Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

This is all of our fate. Your ARCs will be worthless then. So sell 'em while you got 'em!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

It says NOT FOR RESALE. They number UK proofs for a reason. I assume to track who is selling.

I would love an ARC and would NOT sell it, I was going to propose, if you purchase a lettered copy of a book in that price range, you should get an ARC as opposed to someone who does not give a HOOT about the book or the production of such. Even if you have to up the price of the book a bit to cover costs.

Brian can start that with Lettered Press. It makes more sense to me to send an ARC to those actually purchasing the SOLD out books. Not like the ARC is needed to promote the book. Does it bring goodwill to the company??
    This conversation is about the lettered PC copy for sale. Nothing to do with the ARC and nowhere on the lettered does it state NOT FOR SALE Glenn. So not understand your point on this?

And I am sorry Luc I do not agree with you. Many artists that work on books sell them. Many reviewers of books sell their ARC's. I just don't see the scummy part in it. If part of one's payment is a book, that they do not collect or care to keep... why would they not be paid for their time by selling it? I know Francois is keeping his lettered BUT he is a King collector so it makes sense. I own Rick Berry's red number Misery... do you fault him for selling it for $? Is he "scummy" cause he wanted to turn something he doesn't want to keep into $ for his time? After awhile a job one has becomes monotonous, and maybe it doesn't mean anything to him? Either way, I won't fault any contributor for selling the goods to get paid. I do not know any publisher that does not provide books back to the people that worked on them. I guess my point is my man.. do not look as them as gifts. They defiantly are not. They are partial payment for services rendered.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I am talking about ARCs. I was not trying to talk about PC Copys or Contributer copies. I would like an Advanced Reading copy if I purchased an expensive lettered copy. This discussion was being held elsewhere, but I thought I would bring it up here in case someone important is reading this thread. ARCs are being sent to "special" people, but I would like an ARC of my expensive Lettered book.

JUst a suggestion. Sorry to intrude on OTHER's discussions. but it happens in threads like these. they are not linear. and I misquoted Muncomms post in error. Glad we have a monitor to watch for these indiscretions.

PS. I do have an ARC of Revival (and love it, thank you Brian), IT will not be sold for a quick profit, but stored and cherished until I die. but now I am looking for one with the BIG TOP!

I will not interrupt again. Carry on with your previous topic

Country
    Country Flag

I am talking about ARCs. I was not trying to talk about PC Copys or Contributer copies. I would like an Advanced Reading copy if I purchased an expensive lettered copy. This discussion was being held elsewhere, but I thought I would bring it up here in case someone important is reading this thread. ARCs are being sent to "special" people, but I would like an ARC of my expensive Lettered book.

JUst a suggestion. Sorry to intrude on OTHER's discussions. but it happens in threads like these. they are not linear. and I misquoted Muncomms post in error. Glad we have a monitor to watch for these indiscretions.

PS. I do have an ARC of Revival (and love it, thank you Brian), IT will not be sold for a quick profit, but stored and cherished until I die. but now I am looking for one with the BIG TOP!

Exactly you are a collector and you would keep the book. You can use the arcs as an example same as the PC letter in question. The Arcs get sent to reviewers. They might not be collectors thus would have no reason to keep the book. And they are done with it they sell it or they could even give it away I guess. That’s the point I am trying to make, you can’t be mad at someone or think bad of them because they don’t want to keep their copy of whatever it is. Especially a contributor who did it for partial payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Asleep

I am willing to pay a little extra for the ARC. it pains me to see ARCs out there unappreciated, when I bought the expensive book. I am NOT asking for a freebie. (even though I like freebies)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I love the blue on that lettered. It's beautiful.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Wow, I love the blue on that lettered. It's beautiful.
    Me too! It's one gorgeous production.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Sorry, crazy busy day, but I did want to reply:

1) Thank you to everyone for the kind words!

2) Once a copy arrives on someone else's desk, it is completely theirs to do with as they please. Read it, gift it, sell it. Turn it into a piece of modern artwork. Whatever makes them happy. I will never knock someone -- contributor or customer -- for needing to sell a book. If they need money, and the book helps, great. (And I hope the next owner absolutely loves the book, too!)

3) Review Copies. I had plans for review copies from day one, but didn't really need them for this project given how I decided to sell the book... and then printed them anyway because I love review copies. I have an abnormal obsession with SK review copies. Well, not abnormal for someone who hangs out here, but you know what I mean. I gave some of the ARCs away via the free contest, and I sent some to friends and supporters, including patrons on Patreon at a certain level to thank them for their support of the press.

I really dig the idea of sending a review copy to the Lettered Edition customers. Probably because I'm such a fan of review copies, and would love to get them with all of the Lettered Editions I support! I'll run the idea by the author's agent for Book #2. They would need to sign off on the idea because the practice could be seen as selling the review copies, which is a contractual no-no. But I do like the idea!

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Asleep

Sorry, crazy busy day, but I did want to reply:

1) Thank you to everyone for the kind words!

2) Once a copy arrives on someone else's desk, it is completely theirs to do with as they please. Read it, gift it, sell it. Turn it into a piece of modern artwork. Whatever makes them happy. I will never knock someone -- contributor or customer -- for needing to sell a book. If they need money, and the book helps, great. (And I hope the next owner absolutely loves the book, too!)

3) Review Copies. I had plans for review copies from day one, but didn't really need them for this project given how I decided to sell the book... and then printed them anyway because I love review copies. I have an abnormal obsession with SK review copies. Well, not abnormal for someone who hangs out here, but you know what I mean. I gave some of the ARCs away via the free contest, and I sent some to friends and supporters, including patrons on Patreon at a certain level to thank them for their support of the press.

I really dig the idea of sending a review copy to the Lettered Edition customers. Probably because I'm such a fan of review copies, and would love to get them with all of the Lettered Editions I support! I'll run the idea by the author's agent for Book #2. They would need to sign off on the idea because the practice could be seen as selling the review copies, which is a contractual no-no. But I do like the idea!

Best,
    Brian

Speaking of BOOK #2 Any hints?????????

Speaking of BOOK #2 Any hints?????????
    I'm glad I've stuck to my personal rule about not giving out hints because everyone would have guessed the book by now.

I can say, the author is traveling this week, but when he gets home he has the guest introduction for the book to approve, and his updated acknowledgments to write. After that, proofreading begins... and hopefully we're in a good place to announce in early April and send to the printer in May.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Asleep

Thanks for the update!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received shipping notice
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Has any one received their lettered revival? Got an email it had been "delivered". But really it is being held at the po, since I put my mail on hold while out of town this weekend. Can't wait to see it on Monday or Tuesday.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Has any one received their lettered revival? Got an email it had been "delivered". But really it is being held at the po, since I put my mail on hold while out of town this weekend. Can't wait to see it on Monday or Tuesday.
    Steve posted pics of his in his thread today:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...estfan/page118

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    All US copies should be delivered by next Wednesday. I upgraded the non-US shipments to a faster shipping method to try to get these to those collectors sooner, but I'm not sure of the real timeframe there.

Brian

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I upgraded the non-US shipments to a faster shipping method to try to get these to those collectors sooner, but I'm not sure of the real timeframe there.

Brian
    Thanks for the upgrade, Brian - appreciate it!
    This is from my latest USPS update - expect the book, hopefully, by the end of next week.
    Customs is always the biggest hurdle..

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 6, 2020 at 11:47 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

sk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My package arrived! But I likely won’t have a chance to open it until Sunday. Count me as one of those who is not clicking the links to photos until after unboxing. Looking forward to seeing this edition in person!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thrilled to say mine arrived. Pics are nice but you really have to feel it in your hands. The tactile details are exquisite: the texture of the tray case, the feel of the pages, running your fingers over the endpapers. Of course, visually it's stunning as well. Brian should be very, very proud.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast