Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Lividian Publications.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Got my portfolio today and it is GORGEOUS!!! I showed it to the boyfriend and he asked me what I paid, and was surprised that it wasn't more given the quality of the piece. Now to find a prominent place to display it...
    Aren’t you supposed to lie about the price or pretend it was paid for a long time ago?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Got my portfolio today and it is GORGEOUS!!! I showed it to the boyfriend and he asked me what I paid, and was surprised that it wasn't more given the quality of the piece. Now to find a prominent place to display it...
    Aren’t you supposed to lie about the price or pretend it was paid for a long time ago?
    Congrats, Dez!

I think that only applies to the men folk, Joe lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well said. Thanks for the laugh.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Dez!

I think that only applies to the men folk, Joe lol.
    Well, my first answer was: "I paid for it months ago." But he actually wanted to know this time, which is weird because he never asks what anything costs. It's usually just: "If we have the money, go for it." He's good that way.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The Night Country by Stewart O’Nan Limited Edition Announced!

Lividian Publications is pleased to announce our deluxe signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of The Night Country by Stewart O’Nan, which we’re offering as a “Preorder Only Limited Edition,” meaning the orders received between October 9 and October 31 will set the print run!

This deluxe special edition is being lavishly crafted with collectors and readers alike in mind. Exclusive to our slipcased Limited Edition is a “lost” introduction by the author and a new afterword by Paul Tremblay, plus eleven original black and white illustrations and a beautiful full-color wrap-around dust jacket painting by François Vaillancourt.

“Scary, sad, funny, and when it comes to young people at the end of their ropes and hopes, dead on the money. The Night Country takes you away to a strange and special place while reminding you of the places you’ve been—especially the spooky Halloween places. A gracefully written, mesmerizing read.”
    — Stephen King

The retail price for this signed and slipcased Limited Edition is $85, and the print run will be determined by the preorders received by Lividian Publications and authorized retailers between October 9, 2020 and October 31, 2020. The orders will ship in June 2021.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Excited and ordered!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Lividian Publications is pleased to announce our deluxe signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of The Night Country by Stewart O’Nan, which we’re offering as a “Preorder Only Limited Edition,” meaning the orders received between October 9 and October 31 will set the print run!
    Thank you for posting this! I'm just now getting around to the forums because I underestimated my caffeine needs for today.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Thank you for posting this! I'm just now getting around to the forums because I underestimated my caffeine needs for today.

Brian

Brian,

Not sure how to rectify this, but I am poor. I prefer to order directly from Lividian (supporting you) instead of the large corporate machine of CD. But a discount from the "MAN" is too enticing. I try to save 10% on $10 food orders.

What do you think? starting up a collecting club at Lividian sounds exhausting and difficult to manage. But i would be willing to pay a minimal fee $10 - $20 to save 10% to 15% on your publications. Too soon? Should i just bite the bullet and order from CD and enrich the pocketbooks of an already VERY rich man?

Please note that i am trying to be funny, but the message remains the same. I would happily order direct if i could get the same 15% discount on the books and if it would benefit you directly. You are too nice of a guy and I want you to succeed!

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Brian

Brian,

Not sure how to rectify this, but I am poor. I prefer to order directly from Lividian (supporting you) instead of the large corporate machine of CD. But a discount from the "MAN" is too enticing. I try to save 10% on $10 food orders.

What do you think? starting up a collecting club at Lividian sounds exhausting and difficult to manage. But i would be willing to pay a minimal fee $10 - $20 to save 10% to 15% on your publications. Too soon? Should i just bite the bullet and order from CD and enrich the pocketbooks of an already VERY rich man?

Please note that i am trying to be funny, but the message remains the same. I would happily order direct if i could get the same 15% discount on the books and if it would benefit you directly. You are too nice of a guy and I want you to succeed!
    when you order from Lividian you dont pay until after the book is ready to ship, or you could also become a patreon for Brian and get a copy as a reward, both are options for you

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post

Brian

Brian,

when you order from Lividian you dont pay until after the book is ready to ship, or you could also become a patreon for Brian and get a copy as a reward, both are options for you
    I believe the Lividian tiers of Brian's Patreon are sold out.

First off, I think my signature might be changing to "Not sure how to rectify this, but I am poor."

The discount for the CDCC is a pretty nice discount, that's true. But not paying until the books are ready to ship is pretty nice, too.

I haven't really posted about this, but anyone who orders from me who finds money tight when it comes time to pay should email me about the situation. I've been there, and I've missed out on books I really wanted because of it, so when it comes to Lividian projects, I'm cool with splitting up the bill into payments and eating the processing fees to make sure people don't miss out.

Ultimately, ordering wherever you feel is best for you is great for me. I was a little nervous about this announcement because Stewart isn't as well known as Steve or Joe, but the response so far as been really outstanding, and I'm grateful for that.

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I based my purchase off of your productions. You are my favorite publishers even with your limited output.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty awesome of you to do Brian. Not many, or any for that matter, small press publishers do anything like that. And Congrats on the new edition!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did I miss something? I didn't see any discount at CD. I am a member of the CDCC, but didn't get any email (other then normal CD general announcement)

Anyone read the book? Any comments?

I assume there is no lettered edition?

Brian, do you intend to ever do a numbered edition (of any book)? If the print run is small enough would you consider numbering them?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Did I miss something? I didn't see any discount at CD. I am a member of the CDCC, but didn't get any email (other then normal CD general announcement)

Brian, do you intend to ever do a numbered edition (of any book)? If the print run is small enough would you consider numbering them?
    There was a CDCC note today. Check your spam, and email Mindy if you cannot find it and she’ll help you out! order@cemeterydance.com

Lettered Edition is in the works, but I don’t have enough details firmed up to offer that edition yet.

If the print run is 750 or less, the books will be numbered. CD did a big research project for a New York publisher a few years back that was thinking of getting into the limited edition business (they decided not to when they learned the costs and margins), and one of the things that research showed was that numbering doesn’t seem to increase value once the print run gets to a certain point.

Numbering all copies DOES appear to help make the customer feel “trapped” to keep their set together, though, when it comes to books they're not completely interested in. I’m not interested in that business model, though, so the larger runs aren’t numbered. Folks can order what they want.

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

There was a CDCC note today. Check your spam, and email Mindy if you cannot find it and she’ll help you out! order@cemeterydance.com

Lettered Edition is in the works, but I don’t have enough details firmed up to offer that edition yet.

If the print run is 750 or less, the books will be numbered. CD did a big research project for a New York publisher a few years back that was thinking of getting into the limited edition business (they decided not to when they learned the costs and margins), and one of the things that research showed was that numbering doesn’t seem to increase value once the print run gets to a certain point.

Numbering all copies DOES appear to help make the customer feel “trapped” to keep their set together, though, when it comes to books they're not completely interested in. I’m not interested in that business model, though, so the larger runs aren’t numbered. Folks can order what they want.

Brian

Thanks for the answers Brian, I checked spam, not there, so will contact Mindy.

I agree that based on limitation numbering isn't useful, not sure what the threshold is, definitely 1000+ doesn't need to be numbered. Its nice to know your business model and your thinking. Thanks for that.

Although I'm mixed on the art (since I haven't read the book, not sure if the silhouettes is thematic or not, but not a fan of it), I am glad to see Vaillancourt as the artist, I absolutely loved his work on Revival. I hope Lividian and/or CD use him more often especially for SK or JH projects.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Pre-ordered!

I just recently started reading Stewart O'nan. So far I've read Last Night at the Lobster and A Prayer for the Dying. Both pretty good.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice new book Brian! King and Stewart
    Are pals to! Great move publishing him man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last few days to order Lividian Publications' version of "The Night Country".... so better hurry up!

From here : https://lividian.com/store/the-night...mited-edition/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Just posted an update on 20th Century Ghosts, which includes some photos of the "folded and gathered" stage, and also a short update on The Night Country. Here's the link:

https://lividian.com/november-2020-production-updates/

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great update. Excited about the future releases, can’t wait to see what they are.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Just posted an update on 20th Century Ghosts, which includes some photos of the "folded and gathered" stage, and also a short update on The Night Country. Here's the link:

https://lividian.com/november-2020-production-updates/

Thanks for the post! And pics. Any hint on the next two projects?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really looking forward to the future projects as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, do you have a waiting list for Ghosts? I may have to pass but want to make sure someone else will get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Brian, do you have a waiting list for Ghosts? I may have to pass but want to make sure someone else will get it...
    Yep, it's all good! I can also hold your copy for January if that would help.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast