Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Lividian Publications.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I haven't pre-ordered the gift edition of Let the Right One In yet on Suntup's site.

I figured I'd just wait for it to become available on LetterPress. I don't have as much money coming in as I usually do so not having to pay right away is definitely a nice perk.
    I get my Suntup AGE's from Camelot for the same reason.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Update regarding 20th Century Ghosts

I would have voted for halting production until Sammy had a chance to sign, but I understand why this path was chosen instead of letting the situation turn into another Strange Weather.

By the way, Brian: was this news sent out via email? If so, I didn't get it.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got it via email.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Update regarding 20th Century Ghosts

I would have voted for halting production until Sammy had a chance to sign, but I understand why this path was chosen instead of letting the situation turn into another Strange Weather.

By the way, Brian: was this news sent out via email? If so, I didn't get it.
    The newsletter is still sending as of right now, but please let me know if you don’t see it in the next hour or so!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to finding out what the big news is.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Me too!

It is a bummer about Sammy's signature, but given that nobody knows if or when things are going to start improving, a delay could be indefinite. Maybe you could get him to sign loose sheets once mail's running again and we could tuck them inside our finished books. Although maybe that's not feasible or even desirable for most people. Just throwing out crazy ideas!

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Me too!

It is a bummer about Sammy's signature, but given that nobody knows if or when things are going to start improving, a delay could be indefinite. Maybe you could get him to sign loose sheets once mail's running again and we could tuck them inside our finished books. Although maybe that's not feasible or even desirable for most people. Just throwing out crazy ideas!
    Yeah, A pre-printed illustrated bookplate signed by the artist and delivered- whenever, would fine I'd think. Although- that's a lot of stamps!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the German contract, Brian!

Also, maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't feel bummed by the missing signature.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Me too!

It is a bummer (and I'm probably in the minority) but glad Brian decided to move forward without the sig. To me personally, it's the author's that's important should he/she still be living.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the German contract!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congrats on the German contract!!
    Yes! I look forward to not understanding a word of it

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    The newsletter is still sending as of right now, but please let me know if you don’t see it in the next hour or so!

Brian
    It’s half a day later and I haven’t received anything yet. Is there something you can do on your end or should I just subscribe again via your website?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

No newsletter here.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Yeah, at this point, if you didn’t receive the newsletter, send me a PM with your email address and I’ll check what the system says, etc. And we can go from there in getting it fixed!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Did you get the PM I sent you, Brian?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Congrats on the German contract, Brian!

Also, maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't feel bummed by the missing signature.

I of course would have been looking forward to an German Festa
    S/ L Joe Hill book, Joe Hill was so far always very generous with his signatures..... to bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Did you get the PM I sent you, Brian?
    I see yours and some others now, sorry I didn’t receive the notification for some reason! I will look into this tonight or tomorrow AM!

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Could I please have an admin change the title of this thread to Lividian Publications? Brian noticed the change this afternoon via the following announcement:

I'm really happy to share some news that has been in the works for a while now:

We're changing our press's name from LetterPress Publications to Lividian Publications.

Our new website address is Lividian.com and my new email address is brian@lividian.com -- although the old addresses will continue to work for a while.

The press logo remains the same, so the SPINES of all current and past books will match on the shelf, and this doesn't change anything about the projects we've announced, but we felt it was important to make this announcement sooner than later.

Right before the announcement of Revival by Stephen King, we changed direction as a company to focus on publishing beautiful special editions that were also as affordable as possible. There are a number of terrific publishers specializing in letterpress printed books, and we felt it was important to try to do something different.

Nothing else will be different in terms of how we're doing things, but we wanted to get this announced before the 20th Century Ghosts review copies ship since they have the new press name on them.

More news to come soon! Thank you again for all of your support and enthusiasm!

Best,
    Brian

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure I'm not the only person who clicked on this thread thinking that it was a resurrection of some old thread for a publisher I'd never heard of!

Neat name

And it makes sense, given the direction and goal of the press. Bravo Brian - I hope it works out well

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only person who clicked on this thread thinking that it was a resurrection of some old thread for a publisher I'd never heard of!

Neat name

And it makes sense, given the direction and goal of the press. Bravo Brian - I hope it works out well
    Thank you!

And thank you Brian for posting the update! I got pulled away from my desk while updating the site this afternoon, and just now made it back...

Brian

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Cool! I think it's a good name change, and I look forward to whatever you have planned, Brian!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the name-change, Brian. Has a special....ring to it. Wishing you well on whatever is coming next. From what I've seen, Revival in person (that lettered!!!) and 20th Century Ghosts from afar, we're in safe hands.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

It's a good name change that stands out.

For my own knowledge/curiosity, where does Lividian comefrom? Is it a reference to something?

I Googled it, but the top results were some horses and something from Warcraft.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Neat name

Thank you!

And thank you Brian for posting the update! I got pulled away from my desk while updating the site this afternoon, and just now made it back...

Brian
    Most welcome! I thought about it after I did and hope I hadn't jumped the gun. Also thanks to the admin for the name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    It's a good name change that stands out.

For my own knowledge/curiosity, where does Lividian comefrom? Is it a reference to something?

I Googled it, but the top results were some horses and something from Warcraft.
    I wish I could say it means something awesome in Latin or ancient Greek, but Lividian was just one of the names for a bad guy in a book I wrote in high school.

I always liked the name, and when I needed something for the press that started with "L" (to keep the logo the same), it popped into my head again. I still liked the "ring" of the name, and the domain name Lividian.com was available (I've always wanted a shorter domain name), so I decided it was a sign to make the change.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast