Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen on HBO

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tick tock, tick tock...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Premiere is right around the corner, Mae!!!!! Excited for this, anyone?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock

MUST READ!!!!! FIRST 6 EPISODES REVIEWED!!!!!!!!!

https://www.aintitcool.com/herc-love...atchmen-82543/

We're in for a real treat, my friends!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Cool, but you want to read the article above for loads of non-spoilery material. IMHO

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I don't know what I just watched. A racist militia vs fascist cops. Not sure I have seen a storyline like this before. Sarcasm.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Edit: I was in a hurry to post last night, but I loved the premiere!!!! Obviously, lots of initial set up for the series. A really good kick off to the show. I hope Dr. Manhattan makes an appearance (in the flesh so to speak lol) the overall dynamic of the show and the world they have created in the aftermath of the incident looks very cool indeed. This one makes you think (like "Westworld") and I love that!!! Looking forward very much to the ensuing episodes!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I don't know what I just watched. A racist militia vs fascist cops. Not sure I have seen a storyline like this before. Sarcasm.
    I came here to say the same thing. What did I just watch?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a great video, Mae!!! I was very happy to find that I caught most of the "Easter Eggs" in the episode. I thought it was a very good initial episode and look forward to watching the story unfold!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That was a great video, Mae!!! I was very happy to find that I caught most of the "Easter Eggs" in the episode. I thought it was a very good initial episode and look forward to watching the story unfold!!!

Very to cool to see that they obviously respect and revere the source material. Makes me feel that this sequel is in good hands and will be an awesome spectacle to unfold for us to see!!!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I came here to say the same thing. What did I just watch?
    This storyline is a diversion. It's setup to make you think that it's the big conflict when there is a much larger thing going on in the background. Personally I really enjoyed the first episode.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just can't get into this one, fellas and fellaettes. Not sure why.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I think I am eating crow. After the first 2 episodes, I have felt the show has progressed much better and each episodes seems better then the last. I am intrigued by what I am seeing and interested in where it is going.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I am eating crow. After the first 2 episodes, I have felt the show has progressed much better and each episodes seems better then the last. I am intrigued by what I am seeing and interested in where it is going.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an awesome show!!! As you predicted, each episode is better than the last!!! And now......................................

Spoiler:
    Dr. Manhattan!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused

This is an awesome show!!! As you predicted, each episode is better than the last!!! And now......................................

Spoiler:
    Dr. Manhattan!!!!!!
    To slam on the brakes, I felt the "two much background story" was simply too much and not needed for Sister Night and her family. Sure it was interesting but it truly dragged out and I felt this episode was almost unwatchable. The last episode had MORE backstory on Sister Night and she is not one of my favorite characters nor do I like her as an actor in real life. Couldn't have found anyone better for this part? The ending of the episode saved it with the tell all, but we have two episodes left. The most interesting characters are hidden in prison and imprisoned but they don't get much screen time. See what happens.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Dr. Manhattan!!!!!!
    To slam on the brakes, I felt the "two much background story" was simply too much and not needed for Sister Night and her family. Sure it was interesting but it truly dragged out and I felt this episode was almost unwatchable. The last episode had MORE backstory on Sister Night and she is not one of my favorite characters nor do I like her as an actor in real life. Couldn't have found anyone better for this part? The ending of the episode saved it with the tell all, but we have two episodes left. The most interesting characters are hidden in prison and imprisoned but they don't get much screen time. See what happens.
    I really don't know what to say to all of that. I mean, no offense but are you really watching?

Spoiler:
    The back story on Sister Night is critical to the entire storyline so far. And that was before we found out that she was sleeping with Dr. Manhattan!!! Can't wait to find out what that was all about. I think you really have to try and distance yourself from your bias for the actress. I don't know what you mean by imprisoned characters, Veidt? That whole story line has yet to be revealed but it's a good bet his predicament has to do with the Giant Squid incident!!! lol

My Mood
    Confused

I am simply mentioning the backstories are drawn out too long, we don't have a ton of episodes left, and the present story is much more interesting. There are two original Watchmen in prison and still alive. Remember? I'm watching it. I enjoyed episodes 3-5 and the ending of the last episode. Episode 6, which is predominantly all backstory, has a major drop off in ratings for any of the current episodes run thus far. The show isn't bad, it has it's ups and downs, but I'm not loving it overall and no one talks about it at work. I'm not stating the ratings are the makings of a good or bad show, just stating what I've read. The most intriguing character by far is Veidt and his trial was a joke.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am simply mentioning the backstories are drawn out too long, we don't have a ton of episodes left, and the present story is much more interesting. There are two original Watchmen in prison and still alive. Remember? I'm watching it. I enjoyed episodes 3-5 and the ending of the last episode. Episode 6, which is predominantly all backstory, has a major drop off in ratings for any of the current episodes run thus far. The show isn't bad, it has it's ups and downs, but I'm not loving it overall and no one talks about it at work. I'm not stating the ratings are the makings of a good or bad show, just stating what I've read. The most intriguing character by far is Veidt and his trial was a joke.
    I didn't mean to come off snarky. I'm just enjoying the show very much. Could the back story have been a little more condensed? You bet, but of course they have to be sure to ram their social commentary down your throat as everyone in Hollywood seems to be compelled to do these days. You got me though, which "original watchmen" are in jail? I thought I was paying pretty good attention.

Viedt is definitely a very interesting character and I can't wait to find out exactly what that whole situation is exactly about and who or what put him there. I have my theories of course, but I look forward to a full reveal. However the "Dr. Manhattan" reveal sure got my attention!!! I also assume that they are looking to do multiple seasons of the show which may be to blame for some of the slow pace. Normally the pace would bother me a well, but for some reason I'm cool with it in this show. BTW the music is phenomenal IMHO. Sorry you're not enjoying it as much as I am. I hope, Lindeloff doesn't disappoint me again!!! lol lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I only see Merlin and Allasorte commenting here. Is anyone else watching? I'm trying to figure out if I should catch up.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I only see Merlin and Allasorte commenting here. Is anyone else watching? I'm trying to figure out if I should catch up.
    I would Mike. It's only 9 total episodes for the season and overall I have liked it. Though I have several things I don't like about the show, there are worse things out there to spend your time on television wise.

My Mood
    Confused

We got more Angela backstory which I am not fond of. It was nice dialogue, but it's taking too long to get to the present. Regardless, dealing with two of my favorite characters together, Dr. Manhattan and Veidt, was by far the best parts of the episode. I didn't get the ending though. One more episode left so I am hoping it is a good one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast