Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently discovered this myself.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, thank you!! Great tip!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I watched the original when I was a kid at least once or twice and remember almost nothing about it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I watched the original when I was a kid at least once or twice and remember almost nothing about it.
    Trailer looks better than what we got in the original film although, it did have a few good moments.

Spoiler:
    OBI-WAN, begins tomorrow!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the minority LGBTQ community will jump all over me for this but, I understand the new "Buzz Lightyear" film has lesbian kissing and marriage. Couple that with the recent, "RED" film and there goes the Holy "G" rating status for most folks. I understand diverse representation for older audiences but, when did, Disney take on the parenting role for everyone? Stick to vanilla, white bread (no race connotation) middle of the road children's entertainment guys. You're a huge corporation and not the conscience of the population. I know, very old fashioned thinking with no place in this society, right?

All I know is my grandkids are taking a pass at the new film and in the future I'll have to view the films before I can take the kids!! You are blowing it, Disney!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why is it okay to depict straight relationships in children’s media but not gay relationships?

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"Old fashioned thinking" - yes, in my mind. "No place in this society" - no, you have a right to express your opinion.

I'm with Mae on this one. My wife teaches kindergarten and how families are presented in the books she reads in class it's important to present diversity. Admittedly, she teaches in a very progressive district. She has two lesbian couples in the class, one family with a parent who is transitioning, and she has a family that has similar concerns to your views, which they have expressed all year, so much so that they pull their child from class sometimes. As for the rest, I'm not sure.

Are your grandkids taking the pass, or are you taking the pass for them? Just wondering, and I am no way trying to antagonize.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the grandkids will grow up to be gay liberal Democrats who root for the Red Sox! LMAO
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why is it okay to depict straight relationships in children’s media but not gay relationships?

BINGO!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Look, I don't give a flying fig who you choose to sleep with. What consenting adults choose to do is their own matter. While I don't necessarily believe the "Born this way" theory I understand it and accept it that others do. All I'm saying is that when it comes to children we don't encourage it. Let it come about naturally or organically then a child can approach their parents and have it all explained. It is certainly not the responsibility or purview of the Disney corporation to take on the role of a parent or guardian.

Disney should provide just vanilla children's entertainment in its "G" rating. That goes for the MPAA and its rating system. These are parental matters and should not be usurped by the state or corporate world IMHO. When kids are older and better able to understand and deal with these matters parents should take on the role of educators. just my "old fashioned" opinion.

And Mae, turn on your TV and I dare you to find 5 shows not currently depicting LGBTQ relationships/situations. I wouldn't think that the cause really needs to indoctrinate children under 12. And lets keep something in perspective here. LGBTQ community is still a minority. While they are entitled to the same rights and privileges as everyone else they shouldn't be able to dictate their position to the masses anymore than anyone else including the majority. I'm all for equal representation and openess, not indoctrination.

I may not be expressing my thoughts as eloquently as I should but basically I'm just saying lets leave the kids out of it and their education to the parents as they see fit. Is that so bad?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Disney is not taking on the role of a parent or a guardian, they never have, they are creating entertainment. Then as a consumer, parents don their rightful roles said consumers and decide what they allow their children to watch. It's always been this way.

Presenting the world in a "vanilla" way is just another form of indoctrination. It's a just a form that you find more palatable to your personal beliefs, beliefs that many people share.

The reality for me is that children are born into LGBTQ+ families on a daily basis, and as they grow up they too deserve to see reflections of their own lives.

As a 58 year old white cisgender heterosexual male it's taken me a long time change my own thinking on this very complex issue.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    And Mae, turn on your TV and I dare you to find 5 shows not currently depicting LGBTQ relationships/situations. I wouldn't think that the cause really needs to indoctrinate children under 12. And lets keep something in perspective here. LGBTQ community is still a minority. While they are entitled to the same rights and privileges as everyone else they shouldn't be able to dictate their position to the masses anymore than anyone else including the majority. I'm all for equal representation and openess, not indoctrination.
    But Bill, you still haven't answered my question.

There is nothing inherently more sexual or something about same-sex relationships. Disney's movies about princess always have them swoon over some guy. Why can't the princess swoon over a girl? How is it different?

Also, "indoctrination"? As if who you're attracted to can be taught, it's something you're either attracted to or not. I don't like asparagus. No matter now many asparagus commercials I see, I won't start to like it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Bloody swooning girls! They're everywhere. 😀

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the same sex / kiss affected this films opening weekend though? It did 30-35 million less than they expected...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

While I don't necessarily believe the "Born this way" theory I understand it and accept it that others do.
    Really? So tell me, when did you make the decision to be straight instead of gay?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I wonder if the same sex / kiss affected this films opening weekend though? It did 30-35 million less than they expected...
    I doubt that the "kiss" is responsible for the dramatic drop off, so much as weekend two of Jurassic Part Dominion, though I recognized it may have played a small part - so hard to speculate. The PG versus the traditional G rating surely played a part as well, and no Woody and the gang. So many variables.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Look, as stated above its a complex issue and obviously there are points to be made for either belief. We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on. I'm certainly not looking to start an argument. I'll just be screening, Disney "G" content in advance of my grand children viewing anything. I don't think a 5 or 6 yr old needs to learn about a woman's period or the gay community from a cartoon. Of course, that's just my opinion and all of you are more than entitled to yours as well. 'Nuff said?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I doubt that the "kiss" is responsible for the dramatic drop off, so much as weekend two of Jurassic Part Dominion, though I recognized it may have played a small part - so hard to speculate. The PG versus the traditional G rating surely played a part as well, and no Woody and the gang. So many variables.
    Totally agree. I do sincerely think there is a GOOD many homes that heard this and decided to not take their kids to see it. I think that would defiantly impact it but JP 100% played a part for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, "indoctrination"? As if who you're attracted to can be taught, it's something you're either attracted to or not. I don't like asparagus. No matter now many asparagus commercials I see, I won't start to like it.
    Never going to be an asparagus guy either. Literally or metaphorically.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Look, as stated above its a complex issue and obviously there are points to be made for either belief. We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on. I'm certainly not looking to start an argument. I'll just be screening, Disney "G" content in advance of my grand children viewing anything. I don't think a 5 or 6 yr old needs to learn about a woman's period or the gay community from a cartoon. Of course, that's just my opinion and all of you are more than entitled to yours as well. 'Nuff said?
    Turning Red is rated PG and is definitely targeted at the young girls that need to or will soon be learning about what's happening with their bodies. Sure 5 or 6 may be a few years too young but that's why it's PG.

And I can't count the number of times I saw Bugs Bunny put on a dress and kiss another male cartoon character. Didn't bother me at all. I just cannot fathom why people are so upset about a Disney cartoon showing 2 consenting adults kissing.

That's a thing that happens in *checks notes* pretty much every Disney princess movie ever.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just what is an old time Disney G? Shooting Bambi's mother? Wanting to catch and kill puppies to make coats?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Just what is an old time Disney G? Shooting Bambi's mother? Wanting to catch and kill puppies to make coats?
    It's funny that way, huh! Parents who are perfectly okay with showing their kids deatth and violence but freak tf out when two adults kiss.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can we refocus this debate on the really pejorative part where somebody wished Merlin's grandkids would grow up to be Red Sox fans?!?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Can we refocus this debate on the really pejorative part where somebody wished Merlin's grandkids would grow up to be Red Sox fans?!?
    God forbid that ever happens!! If it did I would have to send them to live with you in your shed or something!!! Fortunately, Grandpa has taught them well and they are both avid, Yankee fans!!! They both love, Judge.

Satisfied????? lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast