Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

How are they not prepared for the bandwidth. Ridiculous.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Because providing a scalable video streaming service is much more difficult than most people think.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quick update for anyone curious. Android App seems to be working for me now. I still haven't really watched anything, but it's no longer a wall of errors when navigating through the app like it was a few hours ago.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MANDALORIAN!!! Wowowowowow!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only wish my DVD player (Sony) would have update w Disney plus app - now I might need to get a roku or Apple TV to attach to my tv - any thoughts there?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOT one of my devices will show the app. SO, I downloaded Mandaorian. I am going to buy a new Apple Tv today. I hope it works.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    NOT one of my devices will show the app. SO, I downloaded Mandaorian. I am going to buy a new Apple Tv today. I hope it works.
    there was some info I found in a search that stated the app would be available upon release on certain platforms - there were not many listed though. Seemed like all apple products were listed, Roku as well:

Disney+ Streaming Service supported devices

Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
    Roku boxes and sticks and TVs
    Google Chromecast and Chromecast-enabled devices
    iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
    Android phones, Android TV
    Apple TV (integrated with the TV app, available as in-app purchase)
    Microsoft Xbox One
    Sony PlayStation 4
    Android-based Sony Smart TVs
    Chromebooks will be supported
    Samsung and LG devices
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Personally if Disney did it right...from the beginning - anyone who signed up in advance should have received an email which stated what devices would have Disney app from the start - so that we could have had them...I think this was a mis-step
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm running it on my Roku which I've had for a few years, seems to work seamlessly so no complaints. I like my little Roku, it was cheap and works well for running Netflix and Youtube, Prime and now Disney+

I'm thinking I might upgrade to a 4K TV this year, and I might buy another (newer, 4K compatible) Roku - Or maybe I'll buy some sort of smart TV with all that shit built in, who knows.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks for the list! I have a Chromecast Ultra, so I’m set. Best $50 I ever spent, that little dongle is.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can also just use your web browser, too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, everyone in the office is talking about Disney+!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Thanks for the list! I have a Chromecast Ultra, so I’m set. Best $50 I ever spent, that little dongle is.
    does it have a remote?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    does it have a remote?
    No, it’s driven by mobile apps only.

It’s a bit of a different model from a smart tv or kindle fire. There is no on-TV navigation of apps that you scroll through. You fire up the relevant app on your phone, cast to the TV (using an icon in the app), and then select the media to play on the phone. You continue to use the phone app to control media playback.

When casting from a browser window where the CC has no support for the service, you’re streaming across your network twice - once to the browser and back to the CC. But if the service has CC support, the CC will stream video from it directly; you’re just using your mobile device for control.

So it’s just a matter of preference. Personally, I despise having to navigate through a menu on a TV, or to speak - or worse, select on screen keys - to search for stuff. With a CC you do all of that on your phone and then cast the media to the TV just to play it.

I’d check what services it supports before taking the plunge though. They only recently added Prime support (because Amazon and Google has a feud).

Ilium (Simmons)

A bit of googling came up with this, though:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chromeu...-how-to/%3famp

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Verizon customers with unlimited data plan get 1 year free of Disney +

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solu...es/disneyplus/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been sampling different old favorites (and The Mandalorian of course), but I'm most pleased with Mickey Mouse, the recent TV show. The animation is beautiful and it's silly and fun. It's got close to 100 episodes since 2013.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    I'm running it on my Roku which I've had for a few years, seems to work seamlessly so no complaints. I like my little Roku, it was cheap and works well for running Netflix and Youtube, Prime and now Disney+

I'm thinking I might upgrade to a 4K TV this year, and I might buy another (newer, 4K compatible) Roku - Or maybe I'll buy some sort of smart TV with all that shit built in, who knows.
    RCA 50" 4k Smart TV with Roku, $260ish delivered from Amazon. Not the best best best TV I've ever seen, but its pretty damn good. I now own three of them.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a new Ipad Pro this week so I get Disney+ and Apple TV+ free for a year
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I caved in and d/l yesterday on my PlayStation. Was watching X-Men cartoons and Toy Story

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    So anyone start using their Disney+ yet? It launched this morning!

https://www.disneyplus.com/login
    LOL I just posted alot in the SW thread on this!!! Doh, should have known there was a seperate thread!!! loll

EDIT: I expected more new episodic content like "The Mandalorian". I also expected a full season of that show to go online on the 12th instead of whatever schedule they have (I assume weekly) they have in mind.

However, I bought it mainly for the grandkids and they (and I) couldn't be more excited and satisfied with what is available to them now. I assume they intend to deliver quite a bit more content as we go from here. All those classic films and shows in one place!!! Whoo Hoo!!! I'm a big hit with the grand children!!!! LOL LOL

So, so far so good. I expect BIG things from this service in the future!!!!

Thanks to my D23 subscription, I now know that Disney makes beauty products.

It won't be long now before Disney rules every aspect of our lives.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to my D23 subscription, I now know that Disney makes beauty products.

It won't be long now before Disney rules every aspect of our lives.

HBJ
    I'd laugh at this if it weren't so sadly true!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

as soon as I see d23 in my inbox I just have to quickly delete that crap...although I did break down and get my Apple TV from Costco today - easy to set up - especially if an apple user - then setup dinner plus - watched gordon Ramsey eat bugs and then watched the Mandalorian - my son and I loved it
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Another good show I just discovered is The Legend of the Three Caballeros, done in the style of classic Donald Duck cartoons! I love these modern interpretations of classic series, like the new Mickey Mouse series, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast