Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I don't think Netflix will disappear. But will some people subscribe to Disney+ and cancel Netflix? Absolutely.

The recent trend has been for Netflix to shed even quite successful programs in order to promote the content it makes itself. And you can be sure that Disney won't be making any of its future IP available on Netflix. So Netflix's appeal, while still significant, is waning.

Disney, on the other hand, has scores of already recognizable properties, and is actively producing more - the biggest franchises out there. People will subscribe to Disney+ to get access to that content, potentially doing so in lieu of buying Disney properties on physical media.

Netflix isn't going anywhere. But will they lose subscribers to Disney? You bet.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I don't think Netflix will disappear. But will some people subscribe to Disney+ and cancel Netflix? Absolutely.

The recent trend has been for Netflix to shed even quite successful programs in order to promote the content it makes itself. And you can be sure that Disney won't be making any of its future IP available on Netflix. So Netflix's appeal, while still significant, is waning.

Disney, on the other hand, has scores of already recognizable properties, and is actively producing more - the biggest franchises out there. People will subscribe to Disney+ to get access to that content, potentially doing so in lieu of buying Disney properties on physical media.

Netflix isn't going anywhere. But will they lose subscribers to Disney? You bet.
    Maybe I just have a different perspective on this. I feel like most people subscribe to Netflix these days for Netflix's original programming, not the 3rd party stuff. That 3rd party stuff just happens to be a bonus. Pretty much the same reason why people subscribe to HBO. I guess what I'm getting at is that I feel like there's room for both, and more specifically I don't really think Disney+ will realistically hurt Netflix's bottom line.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

For the small price per month... I would be doing both. I wonder how many would actually leave Netflix over a few bucks? I doubt not many. More options for things to watch that way. Time wil tell though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess this weekend's Marvel announcements make Disney+ a must-have. I knew I'd be getting it regardless but now I just can't wait.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I guess this weekend's Marvel announcements make Disney+ a must-have. I knew I'd be getting it regardless but now I just can't wait.
    So spot on. I’m suffering from pretty severe superhero film fatigue, new Star Wars fatigue, and streamer fatigue. Really wanted to hate D+, but the Marvel shows look great and the Mandalorian has me amped. Without question a day one purchase, hopefully the annual $70 sticker wasn’t a rumor as I’ll be purchasing day one. Damn you Disney, here’s my credit card number though

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Agreed. Disney could "rest on its laurels" and rely on just making its existing content available on launch, and still expect to have a huge subscription base. But with all the new content they are creating for their brands, that is exclusive to Disney+? It's a no-brainer.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll be signing up for the first year. Not even a question. These guys know what’s up.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Their website is up: https://preview.disneyplus.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Disney is out for blood! Disney+ went from meh, to I'll probably get it, to must have. Lots of exciting stuff coming out

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, I like the interface. They should probably have the cleanest interface since everything is essentially going into 4 or 5 buckets - Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, NG, and Originals.

Country
    Country Flag

Wanna save 33% on Disney+?

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else subscribe already? All you need is a free D23.com membership. And 33% is a good deal. Only $140.97 for three years, that's just $46.99 a year, or only $3.92 a month. And it's locked in for the three years, and you know they might raise prices in that time. Couldn't pass it up! And now I cannot wait for 11/12!

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else subscribe already? All you need is a free D23.com membership. And 33% is a good deal. Only $140.97 for three years, that's just $46.99 a year, or only $3.92 a month. And it's locked in for the three years, and you know they might raise prices in that time. Couldn't pass it up! And now I cannot wait for 11/12!
    I can’t seem to do it is it cause I’m in Canada?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure since it's launching in Canada at the same time.

Oh I just checked the fine print and yes, sorry:

https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/
    Valid for US residents with US payment method only.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I wish I had the ability to pay up front because that is an excellent deal. Especially because I know for a fact that I am signing up -- I'd line up just for Falcon & the Winter Soldier and that Jeff Goldblum show.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's an excellent deal, too, and I hope folks who are interested can take advantage of it before it expires on Labor Day. I got paid today (plus had some extra overtime this period) so I could afford to drop $140 on it and not have to worry or pay for this for the next three years, which gets me through all of Marvel's Phase 4 shows, and into Phase 5. I will definitely renew after that, but at just $3.92 a month I couldn't sign up fast enough. I'm such a nerd.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's an excellent deal, too, and I hope folks who are interested can take advantage of it before it expires on Labor Day. I got paid today (plus had some extra overtime this period) so I could afford to drop $140 on it and not have to worry or pay for this for the next three years, which gets me through all of Marvel's Phase 4 shows, and into Phase 5. I will definitely renew after that, but at just $3.92 a month I couldn't sign up fast enough. I'm such a nerd.
    Thanks again for posting - a great deal and I was able to sign up for free and just got redeem email today
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Thanks for posting! A great deal. I can’t imagine it’s not worth $4 a month.

(Signed up to D23; still waiting for the code to appear)

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely, you're all very welcome. I hope anyone even remotely interested in Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, or Marvel gets to sign up for it. Remember, it's only until Labor Day! HBJ, I didn't really wait for an email like they said, just check your account (My Account > View Account) and there should be a banner there with the Redeem button, I had it show up a few hours after I signed up for D23.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ngl, if (when) I get Disney+ I'm just going to spend that first weekend watching nothing but classic Disney. Sword in the Stone, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Peter Pan...

Just going to binge the hell out of my childhood years.

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...-shows-movies/
    On Monday, Disney unloaded a three-hour-long Twitter thread revealing every single movie and TV show that will be available on its Disney+ streaming platform at launch. They previously promised 400 films and upwards of 7,500 TV episodes, and it looks like they’ve delivered. Listed out in chronological order, the docket includes everything from new original series and films to National Geographic programs and properties picked up in the FOX acquisition.

There are animated Disney classics like Fantasia, Dumbo, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves alongside live-action deep cuts like The Saggy D.A., Return to Witch Mountain, and… Fuzzbucket? Subscribers will also have access to both Sister Act films, Willow, and classic TGIF fare like Boy Meets World. Disney Channel original movies like the Halloweentown series will also be available as will classic cartoons like the original X-Men animated series and Gargoyles. Darkwing Duck, Big Hero 6, Evens Stevens, Phantom of the Megaplex, every Star Wars thing ever — it’s all here. Plus, all 31 seasons of The Simpsons. (Don’t worry, Song of the South is still banned.)

It’s frankly a lot — like, doing too much a lot — but we’ve braved it and listed out some of the highlights below. There’s also a three-hour-plus video featuring “basically everything coming to Disney+…” Unbelievably, the tweet-storm ended with the promise of more to come. That includes the future Marvel Cinematic Universe shows (Hawkeye, WandaVision, and Loki amongst them) , the Lizzie McGuire reboot, a Home Alone sequel, a sequel to Willow, the Sandlot series, the Monsters, Inc. series with stars John Goodman and Billy Crystal, a show centered on classic Disney villains, and Star Wars properties like Obi-Wan. That live-action/CGI Chip ‘N Dales: Rescue Rangers film The Lonely Island’s Akiva Schaffer is directing could end up on the streamer, as well.

Yeah, there’s a lot coming, but at least Disney is giving you time to consume it all. As previously reported, Disney+ plans to ignore the binge-watching trend by releasing episodes of its original programming weekly instead of all at once. With so much content coming out of the gate, that may actually be a good thing.

Disney+ officially launches on November 12th. It will be available as a standalone product for $6.99 and in a bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99. The bundle may be worth it, as Disney is keeping its proprietary streamer free of R-rated movies and more adult fare; that will mostly end up on Hulu, which the company now owns a controlling stake of thanks to the FOX deal. Hence Marvel shows like Ghost Rider and Helstrom going to the previously established service.

Country
    Country Flag

So anyone start using their Disney+ yet? It launched this morning!

https://www.disneyplus.com/login

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I signed up today and downloaded the Android App - but I've had a plethora of non-stop errors. I checked and Disney+ has tweeted about it, acknowledging the platform issues to due exceedingly high demand and users attempting to log in. I hope it gets sorted out shortly. But I wont realistically be able to view anything until I'm home from work anyways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast