Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Disney has decided to release Mulan on D+, but get this - they are charging $30 for it! Ohhhhh booooyyyyy

Disney to release Mulan online Sept. 4 on Disney Plus, for $30 in US
    It would cost me more than that if I took the whole family to see it in the theater, not including the concessions.
    We are both theatre people... you do have to admit this would show FAR better in that setting. Sad that Disney is doing this BUT after thier last quarter? I get it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Disney has decided to release Mulan on D+, but get this - they are charging $30 for it! Ohhhhh booooyyyyy

Disney to release Mulan online Sept. 4 on Disney Plus, for $30 in US
    It would cost me more than that if I took the whole family to see it in the theater, not including the concessions.
    We are both theatre people... you do have to admit this would show FAR better in that setting. Sad that Disney is doing this BUT after thier last quarter? I get it.
    Totally agree. I get the sense the Hollywood is taking this opportunity to explore new revenue streams.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This could be the interesting experiment that we have discussed in other threads. If Mulan does really well for Disney+, we may see them do it with other films. Other studios could follow.

That being said, 30 bucks might be pretty steep for a lot of people.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Would it be a one-time purchase or per viewing? I would think it would have to be the former, in which case it would pay off if your kids love it.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's actually pretty brilliant on Disney's part if you think about it. $30 to rent it, you'll probably go halfers with your significant other or siblings or parents or w/e. Then, Disney gets to keep all of the profits since they don't have to kick any money to distributors or theater chains. If Mulan is a success I can see them trying this approach more and more.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's actually pretty brilliant on Disney's part if you think about it. $30 to rent it, you'll probably go halfers with your significant other or siblings or parents or w/e. Then, Disney gets to keep all of the profits since they don't have to kick any money to distributors or theater chains. If Mulan is a success I can see them trying this approach more and more.
    The amount kicked to the distributed is VERY SMALL. Their money comes from concessions, upgraded seats, Imax, etc. You go to a theatre you would spend more than $30 for the average family... Not really sure this would impact it much. With pirate's stealing digital copy I believe this will be a detriment.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The amount kicked to the distributed is VERY SMALL. Their money comes from concessions, upgraded seats, Imax, etc. You go to a theatre you would spend more than $30 for the average family... Not really sure this would impact it much. With pirate's stealing digital copy I believe this will be a detriment.
    Noooo, where did you hear that? Domestic movie theaters in 2019 made %40 of each ticket sales, overseas theaters can make up to 60%(!) of each ticket sale. That's not chump change.

Average ticket prices in 2019 was $9.16. So if a family of 4 in the USA went to catch Mulan in theaters, Disney would have received $21.95 after the theater takes their cut.

And of course, this only gives Disney the ability to further leverage the power of their streaming service.

If this works out like they're gambling on, it'll be a win-win for them and could have some serious ripple affects on the way they approach their business model in a post Covid world.

Country
    Country Flag

Noooo, where did you hear that? Domestic movie theaters in 2019 made %40 of each ticket sales, overseas theaters can make up to 60%(!) of each ticket sale.

Average ticket prices in 2019 was $9.16. So if a family of 4 in the USA went to catch Mulan in theaters, Disney would have received $21.95 after the theater takes their cut.

And of course, this only gives Disney the ability to further leverage the power of their streaming service.

If this works out like they're gambling on, it'll be a win-win for them and could have some serious ripple affects on the way they approach their business model in a post Covid world.
    Where did you see those #'s? That is NOT the case here.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

https://www.doughroller.net/personal...ticket-prices/

...The general breakdown for a Hollywood movie gives the movie theater 45% of every ticket sold and the studio that created the movie 55%. This means if a movie ticket is $10, the theater that shows the movie receives $4.50 and the studio, lets say Paramount, receives $5.50. For the theater, the $4.50 pays for employees, maintenance, food and drink and other various costs while for the studio, the $5.50 can be further divided into the sub-categories below.

Country
    Country Flag

...The general breakdown for a Hollywood movie gives the movie theater 45% of every ticket sold and the studio that created the movie 55%. This means if a movie ticket is $10, the theater that shows the movie receives $4.50 and the studio, lets say Paramount, receives $5.50. For the theater, the $4.50 pays for employees, maintenance, food and drink and other various costs while for the studio, the $5.50 can be further divided into the sub-categories below.
    Thank you. I am blown away... here my theatre told us that they get $1.50 per ticket sold. ANd they are $12.99 for a regular movie, $22.99 for IMAX and $24.99 for DBOX. These are in CAD.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thank you. I am blown away... here my theatre told us that they get $1.50 per ticket sold. ANd they are $12.99 for a regular movie, $22.99 for IMAX and $24.99 for DBOX. These are in CAD.
    Profit vs gross, maybe?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Profit vs gross, maybe?
    Yeah maybe. Man this stuff worries me... theatres could end up just obsolete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Profit vs gross, maybe?

The longer the pandemic goes the less their chances. They are currently teetering anyway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Profit vs gross, maybe?

The longer the pandemic goes the less their chances. They are currently teetering anyway.
    They sure are Breaks my heart... Ive gone to them since I was 5 years old and go at least a couple times a month.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Latest sign of the Coming Apocalypse!!!!

http://deadline.com/2020/08/kinderga...nt-1203004720/

Some folks in Oregon have WAAAAAAYYYYYY too much time on their hands!!!! LOL This is the template for the new world order for sure!!! Very sad!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Profit vs gross, maybe?
    Set to open up there again on the 21st. Assuming the world doesn't end before then, again.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...s-in-december/
    Ahead of its PVOD release tomorrow, it has been revealed through Disney+’s official website that Niki Caro’s live-action Mulan will be available to all the streamer’s subscribers on Friday, December 4 for no additional cost. This revelation is good news to fans who were initially not on board with the film’s premiere access fee of $30. However, it remains unknown if this would affect the film’s performance tomorrow or not, especially if most subscribers might just opt to patiently wait for three months to see the film.
    I can certainly wait three months.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Ahead of its PVOD release tomorrow, it has been revealed through Disney+’s official website that Niki Caro’s live-action Mulan will be available to all the streamer’s subscribers on Friday, December 4 for no additional cost. This revelation is good news to fans who were initially not on board with the film’s premiere access fee of $30. However, it remains unknown if this would affect the film’s performance tomorrow or not, especially if most subscribers might just opt to patiently wait for three months to see the film.
    I really wanted to see this is the theater... what a shame I just do not think it will be the same at home. You Mae?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really wanted to see this is the theater... what a shame I just do not think it will be the same at home. You Mae?
    Same here. Before the shutdown my friend and I had plans to see it in IMAX when it opened. She's also Chinese and was super excited about everything. It definitely won't be the same. I wish they had waited. We'll still hopefully see Wonder Woman 1984 in October and then Black Widow in November, but we were also really looking forward to Mulan.

Country
    Country Flag

Same here. Before the shutdown my friend and I had plans to see it in IMAX when it opened. She's also Chinese and was super excited about everything. It definitely won't be the same. I wish they had waited. We'll still hopefully see Wonder Woman 1984 in October and then Black Widow in November, but we were also really looking forward to Mulan.
    This doesn't help eh?

https://collider.com/mulan-disney-plus-review/

LOOKS amazing by the reviews
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sooooooooo who's streaming Mulan this weekend?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm waiting the 3 months with Mae

I see you're red now, Mae. Another promotion?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's actually crimson!

But yes, very honored: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...ojects-Manager

I have to say, I was skeptical about the live action Mulan, but after seeing the trailer, I’m sold. I’ll probably wait three months, but with a high amount of anticipation.

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's actually crimson!

But yes, very honored: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...ojects-Manager
    sweet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast