Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lisey’s Story miniseries from Apple

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No good. Couldn’t finish the first episode!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Lighting the set with a 40 watt light bulb is not atmospheric. It just means you haven't even tried or cared.

King is plugging this series everywhere, but he needs to stop trying to polish the turd.
    King also heavily plugged the Under The Dome series. The man has zero credibility when it comes to recommendations.
    Lisey’s his favorite of his work and he’s writing the screenplay for the miniseries, of course he’s going to plug it.

His Under the Dome plugging was standard promotion that he’s expected to pull. This is something that’s deeply personal to him.

IMO it’s decent. I can’t imagine any other adaptation of the novel being better than this. The story is what it is. It has A-list actors and top notch production values. Fifteen years ago we would have been lucky to get a Mick Garris adaptation.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The story is King's "favorite" as it's the finale (I certainly hope) of a series of books that seek redemption and forgiveness from his wife for past infidelities.

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Interview to Pedro Larraín in El País (spanish) available in this link

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Lighting the set with a 40 watt light bulb is not atmospheric. It just means you haven't even tried or cared.

King is plugging this series everywhere, but he needs to stop trying to polish the turd.
    King also heavily plugged the Under The Dome series. The man has zero credibility when it comes to recommendations.
    Lisey’s his favorite of his work and he’s writing the screenplay for the miniseries, of course he’s going to plug it.

His Under the Dome plugging was standard promotion that he’s expected to pull. This is something that’s deeply personal to him.

IMO it’s decent. I can’t imagine any other adaptation of the novel being better than this. The story is what it is. It has A-list actors and top notch production values. Fifteen years ago we would have been lucky to get a Mick Garris adaptation.
    I'd read that before about it being his favorite. I hated it. Mostly romcom schlock for me. ymmv

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The story is King's "favorite" as it's the finale (I certainly hope) of a series of books that seek redemption and forgiveness from his wife for past infidelities.
    What infidelities? Lisey was written in part because of how King imagined what it would have been like for her had he died.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm kinda surprised by this. The photography director is Darius Khondji, one of the (IF NOT THE) bests in their fields (check out where he worked and you'll be more than surprised if you don't know his work) and he managed that each episode and scene looks like a film instead of a series.

I can understand the different opinions in terms of narrativity but when it comes to visuals, this is the most impressive SK series in my opinion, and there are several ones that got a high grade on visuals, such as The Outsider.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The cinematography is amazing and the series is well acted and spot on. Problem? Still a weaker SK story.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the theory that most of the readers that didn't quite like the book won't enjoy it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I had the theory that most of the readers that didn't quite like the book won't enjoy it.
    I agree
    It's not an easy story to get into. Both in book and in series.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read a few times that, in episod 4, Jim Dooley holds in his hands a manuscript that repeats over and over the same lines, just like Shining.... but I can't find that in the episods. It doesnt seem to me it is the case at 8mins. Anybody has the time when it happens?

Thanks
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I've read a few times that, in episod 4, Jim Dooley holds in his hands a manuscript that repeats over and over the same lines, just like Shining.... but I can't find that in the episods. It doesnt seem to me it is the case at 8mins. Anybody has the time when it happens?

Thanks
    I saw it, but it’s not a line, you have to look for a paragraph in the manuscript. 09:45

But this show it’s not like The Stand, that was the Easter Egg festival:-)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There is a very subtle but -- once you discover it -- very conspicuous Easter Egg in episode 7. You might have to stand on your head to figure it out.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

On episode 6 there's a picture of the Stanley Hotel.

I already watched all the series and I remember about the "the struggle between..." and one particular display object. Is it that one?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    There is a very subtle but -- once you discover it -- very conspicuous Easter Egg in episode 7. You might have to stand on your head to figure it out.
    Could it be about the "Empty Devils” book cover?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fitomad View Post
    Could it be about the "Empty Devils” book cover?
    Nope!

On episode 6 there's a picture of the Stanley Hotel.

I already watched all the series and I remember about the "the struggle between..." and one particular display object. Is it that one?
    I'm not sure what you mean by a "display object."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Easter egg
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Easter egg
    No -- this has to do with The Dead Zone.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the big secret?

I want to see how many people can get it on their own -- it's quite subtle.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. Got it.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    I saw it, but it’s not a line, you have to look for a paragraph in the manuscript. 09:45

So I thought, but I really can't see it

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to see how many people can get it on their own -- it's quite subtle.
    It could be…

Spoiler:
    about the ice-skating stick?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

So I thought, but I really can't see it
    Try to watch it on a screen as big as possible. On a 55 inch screen works well, on my iPhone It’s impossible.

It sounds bizarre, I known.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast