Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lisey’s Story miniseries from Apple

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    And I finally received the email I was waiting for
    Some kind of premiere invitation...

:-)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Like the book? I hope not because as I said before, it did get much better in the second half.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i dunno when i'll get to watch this i haven't read the book though i do own it and if i recall it's among my brother's favorites of his

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like it's getting mixed reviews.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/liseys_story/s01
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've almost finished watching it and so far quite like it !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My preview of the series is now available at News from the Dead Zone

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Just like the book, it will appeal more to the women rather than the men. Love Story / Chick Flick.

Women 8/10 - Men 3/10

The second episode just made me want to self-harm.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

The Easter Eggs are not too good.

Spoiler:
    Charlie the Choo Choo is supposed to be Scott's favourite book as a child. He must be pretty young as it came out in 2016.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

According to the Charlie The Choo Choo handed out at the SDCC, the book is copyrighted 1942.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

The Guardian in the UK don’t like it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...julianne-moore

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that yes : if you are waiting for a very exciting action-packed series, you'll be disappointed.
    This is a very personal story
    A very visual story

It's therefore slow paced and not everybody is going to like it. But I thought that it is a very good adaptation.
    People that liked the book are likely to really love that series.
    Fans that struggled to read the book and even quitted (there are quite a few that did that) may find easier to watch a series to rediscover the story, even if doing something else at the same time. Even though that would diminish the power of the story.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It received a poor review in the San Francisco Chronicle.
    https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/mov...n-liseys-story

Country
    Country Flag

The opening credits, with the string dolls really reminds me of something recent. From the past year or two. From another series
    But I can't kind put my finger on it... any ideas?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The opening credits, with the string dolls really reminds me of something recent. From the past year or two. From another series
    ???

Strings 2004???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5W9poCikd8

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, never heard of that before.
    But thanks for trying

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Westworld? (from HBO)

Country
    Country Flag

Not the same thing, but maybe Westworld indeed

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This will be an awesome week if you are a King fan, works as software engineer and lives in Spain.

Today starts WWDC, on thursday Later will be published in spanish ("titled Después") and finally on friday new Lisey's Story episode.

:-)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Short video published by Apple about Pedro Larraín's vision

Pay attention to the easter egg. (Clue: "Empty devils" book cover) ;-)

Lighting the set with a 40 watt light bulb is not atmospheric. It just means you haven't even tried or cared.

King is plugging this series everywhere, but he needs to stop trying to polish the turd.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The more the critics dislike it, the better the chances are that I'll like it.

Hopefully it'll make it to blu-ray at some point so I can watch it.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched first 2 episodes so far...feel like I am reading this all over again. The pain.
    My wife hates it so far...
    I will say that the acting is great and the cinematography is nice also.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Lighting the set with a 40 watt light bulb is not atmospheric. It just means you haven't even tried or cared.

King is plugging this series everywhere, but he needs to stop trying to polish the turd.
    King also heavily plugged the Under The Dome series. The man has zero credibility when it comes to recommendations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast