Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Paul Tremblay

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, good to know. Already preordered the SST version and the 1st/1st.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Cool, good to know. Already preordered the SST version and the 1st/1st.
    I would love to have both the DRP editions of Cabin and Survivor Song. I have both Off Season and Malorie coming from them. And the other two Tremblay books coming from SST. So I've spread it out as much as I can.

Reading Cabin now and loving it. I think Tremblay is fantastic.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Cabin is my favorite so far. Finishing Disappearance in the next couple days.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

I was late to the game and missed out on sst head full of ghosts. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the SST edition of Cabin and I absolutely loved it. Reading Tremblay's thoughts and insights into the process of writing the book is also a huge treat. I love additional content like that. I'm moving Disappearance at Devil's Rock higher up my TBR pile. I'm becoming a big Tremblay fan!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Just finished the SST edition of Cabin and I absolutely loved it. Reading Tremblay's thoughts and insights into the process of writing the book is also a huge treat. I love additional content like that. I'm moving Disappearance at Devil's Rock higher up my TBR pile. I'm becoming a big Tremblay fan!
    Thoughts on the ending? I hated it at first but at time passed and I digested it mentally, I love it.
    Finished Disappearance at Devil's Rock today, 3rd favorite of the 3 I've read.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the ending. For me it was like the ending of Head Full of Ghosts. Allowing the reader to make the call. Tremblay addresses it in the notes in the SST edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly my SST version is still in transit. Since March 21 SST said they will ship another if it doesn't show soon.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly my SST version is still in transit. Since March 21 SST said they will ship another if it doesn't show soon.
    WOW! I thought I had it bad! My copy of Blood and Lemonade made it from the UK to Chicago in 3 days!!! But then it sat there from April 11 to April 28. Now it's in Oklahoma. I live in a suburb of Chicago.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved the ending to Cabin. It's actually one of my favorite endings to a book ever. What did he say about it in that edition? When I saw him last year I told him how much I enjoyed the ending to that book and he thanked me because he said most people hated it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I loved the ending to Cabin. It's actually one of my favorite endings to a book ever. What did he say about it in that edition? When I saw him last year I told him how much I enjoyed the ending to that book and he thanked me because he said most people hated it
    Well, I'm sure I need to plop it in a spoiler but first I need to put a whole bunch of words in front of that spoiler box because sometimes, in the preview state, text in the hidden spoiler box can appear and people see things they might not want to see. Anyway:

Spoiler:
    Paul suggested for those who felt the story was unfinished they could just add the sentence "And then the world ended." or "And the world went on." His position is that the book isn't about whether there's an apocalypse happening or just a crazed cult bent on murder, but rather it's about the decisions the characters make--choosing love and life in the face of everything. The endurance of the human spirit. As Tremblay points out, the dads have suffered a very personal apocalypse. For them, their world has ended. Or at least a very significant part of it. So their choice to persevere is beautiful even if it is selfish. I. think the people wanting that final unwritten sentence are the ones who want to judge the characters to see if what they decided is the correct call. They need to judge the characters on that measure. I don't need that sentence to judge them. If it is a real apocalypse, then we all suffer under an insane god and there's no reason this insanity won't happen again. So what's the point anyway. Better to choose life and your free will while you have it.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yeah, I liked the ending a lot myself. The book, too. I hadn't read Tremblay's comments about it yet until you posted that spoiler above, Jeff, but they strike me as smart and insightful, and treating the reader in the same way.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Yeah, I liked the ending a lot myself. The book, too. I hadn't read Tremblay's comments about it yet until you posted that spoiler above, Jeff, but they strike me as smart and insightful, and treating the reader in the same way.
    Yeah he stated it better than I did and he adds a lot more insight worth digging into if you like the book.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still mulling over the ending a month or so after reading it. I'm still willing to read more Tremblay and hope to hear Jeff pronounce Tremblay in every one of his videos.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well, I'm sure I need to plop it in a spoiler but first I need to put a whole bunch of words in front of that spoiler box because sometimes, in the preview state, text in the hidden spoiler box can appear and people see things they might not want to see. Anyway:

Spoiler:
    Paul suggested for those who felt the story was unfinished they could just add the sentence "And then the world ended." or "And the world went on." His position is that the book isn't about whether there's an apocalypse happening or just a crazed cult bent on murder, but rather it's about the decisions the characters make--choosing love and life in the face of everything. The endurance of the human spirit. As Tremblay points out, the dads have suffered a very personal apocalypse. For them, their world has ended. Or at least a very significant part of it. So their choice to persevere is beautiful even if it is selfish. I. think the people wanting that final unwritten sentence are the ones who want to judge the characters to see if what they decided is the correct call. They need to judge the characters on that measure. I don't need that sentence to judge them. If it is a real apocalypse, then we all suffer under an insane god and there's no reason this insanity won't happen again. So what's the point anyway. Better to choose life and your free will while you have it.
    Thanks! And I completely agree. I think it's more about the journey than about the end. Also I've always been a fan of endings such as that. I feel like they can be so much more powerful, especially when executed properly.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Thanks! And I completely agree. I think it's more about the journey than about the end. Also I've always been a fan of endings such as that. I feel like they can be so much more powerful, especially when executed properly.
    Have you read The Road? It doesn't necessarily have an ambiguous ending, but it leaves a lot for the reader to think about. Then again, I guess no stories are ever really completely finished. I'm rambling.

But getting back to this book: as I was reading Cabin, I was hoping it would end like the short story
    Spoiler:
    "The Nine Billion Names of God" by Arthur C. Clarke. If you've never read it, it's an amazing story that's a great accompaniment to CABIN
    but I'm glad it didn't. I think it ended perfectly.

I have read The Road, but it's been awhile. My favorite ending to a book ever is The Long Walk, it's just perfect. Cabin kind of captured that same feeling for me.
    Spoiler:
    There really is no happy ending regardless of whether the world really ends or not. As their life as they knew it is essentially over.

And I'll definitely seek out that short story. Thanks for the recommendation.

Country
    Country Flag

I have read The Road, but it's been awhile. My favorite ending to a book ever is The Long Walk, it's just perfect. Cabin kind of captured that same feeling for me.
    Spoiler:
    There really is no happy ending regardless of whether the world really ends or not. As their life as they knew it is essentially over.

And I'll definitely seek out that short story. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Been meaning to re-read The Long Walk. It's been decades. I'm hoping Suntup does an edition . . .

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Same and SAME to those last two statements!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw the update on SST saying Growing Things is done and are now shipping them out.

I've read a couple of the short stories in that collection and liked them so I'm looking forward to the rest of the collection. Especially since Daniele Serra is doing the artwork once again.

Also, I've been hearing good things about Survivor Song. I'm debating waiting to read it until I get the SST edition or just buying the trade edition and reading it then.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Exciting news
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally received Growing Things today!

Beautiful editions from SST as always. Love Daniele Serra's art as well. Heard a lot of great things about this short story collection.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm late to the party on collecting Tremblay. Am I late on the pre-orders of Dark Regions Press editions of Cabin and Survivor Song?

I don't think I am, but I thought I'd ask. I haven't seen any news about either yet. I know DRP announced Cabin last June, but I there hasn't been anything since I think.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I'm late to the party on collecting Tremblay. Am I late on the pre-orders of Dark Regions Press editions of Cabin and Survivor Song?

I don't think I am, but I thought I'd ask. I haven't seen any news about either yet. I know DRP announced Cabin last June, but I there hasn't been anything since I think.
    DRP is implementing a new policy of opening up to preorders only after a book is at the printer. So you are not missing out.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay good. I think that's a good policy to have. So you don't have money tied up in something that could be years away....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast