Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Collectible Paul Tremblay

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A quick look at recent comments here shows that The Cabin at the End of the World (which I haven't read) has ambiguity about it, and I know from experience that Head Full of Ghosts (the only Tremblay I've read, which I liked) shares that characteristic, so my question for Tremblay fans: is this something he always does? While I did enjoy HFOG, I wouldn't want a steady diet of this.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    A quick look at recent comments here shows that The Cabin at the End of the World (which I haven't read) has ambiguity about it, and I know from experience that Head Full of Ghosts (the only Tremblay I've read, which I liked) shares that characteristic, so my question for Tremblay fans: is this something he always does? While I did enjoy HFOG, I wouldn't want a steady diet of this.
    It really does seem to be a theme with him. There is a short story in Growing Things where he even pokes fun at himself for this trait. When i saw him last i had him sign GT as “Mr. Ambiguity” which he did with a laugh so yeah, it is pretty common. Still worth the read as long as you know what you are getting into.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I highly recommend Cabin at the End of the World, even though it does have an open ending it is so well done and perfectly fits the story. It's one that I've thought back on often, and I'd even go so far as to say it's one of my all-time favorite endings to a book ever. But in answer to your question, his other novels have more concrete endings than Head Full of Ghosts and Cabin.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks (both).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Survivor Song had a pretty definitive ending with no ambiguity.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgot to post these here. Got these a couple weeks ago. Really cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Very nice! A copy of In The Mean Time is next on my list. Quite hard to find. Great score!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SST is releasing The Little Sleep and later No Sleep Till Wonderland.

https://sstpublications.co.uk/the-li...dfl90PIK8Doe4c
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Claimed.

Anybody need an ARC of Pallbearers Club? I think I’m ending up with an extra and won’t be able to sell them publicly.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be awesome
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Going to sell my other ARC of Pallbear’s Club. Any takers?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I quite enjoy Shyamalan's movie inspired by "The cabin at the end of the world"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Listed my ARC for A Head Full of Ghosts here.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I thought the end of Devils Rock was super wishy washy. I'm ok with interpretive ending in short stories but for novels big nope from me.

Do people in Mass really say Yea as question/affirmation thing?
    We were riding bikes to Tommy's Yea.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Has anyone seen an ARC for Beast You Are? I would love to read this a little earlier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5