Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My EX best friend strikes again.....

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

:tp: My EX best friend strikes again.....

This is probably going to be the toughest thing that I have ever had to say, so it's going to be said this way to be able to tell everyone at the same time and to ask for your support.

Bill and I have been having some testing done on the baby. Usually routine testing due to my age, but the baby came back as a high risk for Downs Syndrome and something called Trisomy 18. This was told to us at our 12 week ultrasound.

On the 19th, we had another ultrasound (usual 18 week check) and the doctor noticed something that didn't look right and she recommended an amniocentesis. We had the amnio done at that time and got the results back last week.

Our precious little girl has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18. For a brief summary, it's a very BAD thing. 90% of babies don't survive until full term, of the 10% that do, 90% don't live through their first year and most don't make it past 2 - 3 months. They are profoundly mentally retarded and have a host of medical problems and physical deformities.

Bill and I have decided that it would be the best thing for our little girl to not have to suffer and we are going to be delivering her as soon as the hospital can arrange it and sending her back to God.

At this time, we would like to ask for your prayers for strength and guidance.

Please, keep us and baby Rosemary in your thoughts and prayers.

Love,
    Bill and Karen
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh Karen, I don't know what to say...

I am so very sorry this is happening to you guys, if you need anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me.

Our prayers are with all of you as well.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, I am deeply sorry to hear of these terrible complications.
    My thoughts and hope are with you and your family.

Jerome

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Karen, you and your family will be in my thoughts. I'm very sorry you have to endure such trying times.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

be well and know that you have all the support of the board if you need anything.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Nerak, I am so profoundly sorry for you guys.

I know this decision has been extremely hard, and it's probably harder because it just doesn't seem fair. It's not fair.

My prayers are with you and yours, and I wish you the best.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Karen,
    I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I will keep you and Bill in my thoughts and prayers.
    Bob

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

You can count on us. We will pray for you and for your loved ones.

Roland would have understood.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks everyone.

I just wanted to let me "other family" know what was going on.

It's been very hard to think lately and just reading the boards is next to impossible.

So, bear with me whilst I find my mind again and keep me in your pockets!

Karen (and Bill and Rosemary)
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, you and your family are in my thoughts.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Oh, my God... I'm so sorry, Karen. I wish there were a way to make it all better. I can't even begin to imagine what this must be like to have to go through, but you always struck me as a strong spirit. I'll be keeping you and yours in my thoughts. Take care.

-Laura
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Karen

I am sorry to hear about what you, your husband and precious rosemary are going through. I have been through the same experience except my daughter was diagnosed with Congestive Diaphramatic Hernia with additional abnormalities when I was 4 months pregnant with her. I do understand what your going through. My daughter died 16 hours after birth.

My family and I will keep all of you in our prayers. And if you ever want to talk about it, I know it will take time, but please feel free to pm me when and if you are ready to talk.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

That is really sad news. You and Bill are in my thoughts in this difficult time.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

I'm sorry Karen.
    I love you.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dear Karen-

You have my love and sympathies for your entire family. I know you will make the right decisions as far as your family goes.

Be strong Karen.

Always,

David

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you are able to get through this and know that you and your family will be in my prayers. I hope every thing works out for the best.

Again, I wish you strength, and your in my prayers.

Brian

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, you and yours are in my prayers. Be strong!

John

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm so sorry Karen. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now.

I'm going to be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for you.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Deepest sympathy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, you and Bill and the little girl are in my prayers.

This is the moment to be strong...even when it seems impossible.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Your whole family is in my pocket.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen,

I am so sorry to hear this news. No one should ever have to go through this. You have demonstrated a great abmount of mental courage just letting us know. No amount of words can ease your pain, but know that we all love you here on the darktower.com and perhaps our thoughts and prayers and kind words can help to ease your pain.

God Bless,
    Bob
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

I´m sorry to hear this.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge will become famous soon enough Jorge's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Country
    Country Flag

My God, what an absolutely awful thing to have to go through. I don't pray often, but I most assuredly will for you and your family.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

I offer my condolences,
    your with my thoughts

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast