Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1435

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bride, Kong, and Oz are my favorites among what's left - not sure how I would vote for one over the other right now.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I have actually seen 6.5 of the movies left. (I am only 50% sure I saw Snow White, and other then the scenes you see all the time, I don't remember it otherwise).

I'm guessing that is better then any other decade for me so far.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And we're down to the final four movies, everyone! The two semifinals turned out to be very similar, both featuring a monster movie and a family film. It will be interesting how this turns out! Will it be a Dracula vs. Frankenstein teamup as the Final? Or maybe a Saturday morning matinee with Snow White and Oz? You decide!

Moving on:
    1. Frankenstein 421.62%
    2. Dracula 398.86%
    3. The Wizard of Oz 388.57%
    4. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 385.24%

Eliminated:
    1. King Kong 379.81%
    2. The Bride of Frankenstein 353.07%
    3. All Quiet on the Western Front 340.46%
    4. The Mummy 323.70%

Thank you all for your wonderful continued participation! We are almost done!

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, just look at the four that DIDN'T make the finals. Strong lineup to finish this decade.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, here we are, folks! We made it to the Finals for the 1930s! We are about to wrap up our ninth decade of movies and select out ninth finalist! This has been a long journey that we began back at the start of 2019, and I can't believe it's been so long and that it's almost over! After we close out the 1930s, we only have the 1920s, and it will be a smaller, quicker contest, coming this summer.

Thank you, all, for your great dedication!

Moving on:
    1. The Wizard of Oz 452.86%
    2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 435.24%

Eliminated:
    1. Frankenstein 457.33%
    2. Dracula 448.86%

Country
    Country Flag

And that's it! The 1930s, our ninth part of the whole tournament event, is done. Thank you so much to everyone for such diligent voting and participating! I will soon publish the complete ranking of the 1930s films, and then we'll take a break until July when we'll pick up the nominations for out tenth and final part of the tournament: the 1920!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thank you again, Mae!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    And that's it! The 1930s, our ninth part of the whole tournament event, is done. Thank you so much to everyone for such diligent voting and participating! I will soon publish the complete ranking of the 1930s films, and then we'll take a break until July when we'll pick up the nominations for out tenth and final part of the tournament: the 1920!
    Is there a plan Mae to do the top 100 and maybe an over all vote? The top 10 from each decade to make the 100 or something?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome, Tommy! And everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is there a plan Mae to do the top 100 and maybe an over all vote? The top 10 from each decade to make the 100 or something?
    Yes, the finale to this whole thing will be taking the winners of each decade and having a round-robin tournament to determine the best movie of all time. And of course you can take a look at the overall rankings for each decade (see the first post for all past decades and their lists), and pick the top 10 from each one and create a top 100 if you wanted to make sure you wanted to watch them all.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're welcome, Tommy! And everyone.

Yes, the finale to this whole thing will be taking the winners of each decade and having a round-robin tournament to determine the best movie of all time. And of course you can take a look at the overall rankings for each decade (see the first post for all past decades and their lists), and pick the top 10 from each one and create a top 100 if you wanted to make sure you wanted to watch them all.
    ahh so will just be a 10 movie vote then? I was curious if anything might change and the top 10 of all time.. well how that would look
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

And here is the overall 1 through 96 ranked list for the 1930s according to our membership:

Country
    Country Flag

FYI here are the top tens of each decade so far:

2010s
    1. Inception
    2. Mad Max: Fury Road
    3. A Quiet Place
    4. The Hateful Eight
    5. Edge of Tomorrow
    6. John Wick
    7. Deadpool
    8. Parasite
    9. It
    10. Gravity

2000s
    1. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    2. The Dark Knight
    3. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    4. Pan's Labyrinth
    5. Kill Bill: Volume 1
    6. No Country for Old Men
    7. Memento
    8. Minority Report
    9. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    10. The Departed

1990s
    1. The Shawshank Redemption
    2. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    3. Saving Private Ryan
    4. 12 Monkeys
    5. Pulp Fiction
    6. Braveheart
    7. Seven
    8. Fargo
    9. The Matrix
    10. The Green Mile

1980s
    1. Aliens
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Die Hard
    4. Stand by Me
    5. Back to the Future
    6. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    7. The Terminator
    8. Beetlejuice
    9. Ghostbusters
    10. Full Metal Jacket

1970s
    1. Jaws
    2. Star Wars
    3. Alien
    4. The Godfather
    5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    6. Halloween
    7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    8. Rocky
    9. The Exorcist
    10. Taxi Driver

1960s
    1. Psycho
    2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    3. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    4. The Birds
    5. Planet of the Apes
    6. Goldfinger
    7. Dr. Strangelove
    8. Rosemary's Baby
    9. The Great Escape
    10. Night of the Living Dead

1950s
    1. 12 Angry Men
    2. Rear Window
    3. Vertigo
    4. Seven Samurai
    5. The Day the Earth Stood Still
    6. Ben-Hur
    7. Rebel Without a Cause
    8. The African Queen
    9. The Man Who Knew Too Much
    10. Some Like It Hot

1940s
    1. Casablanca
    2. Citizen Kane
    3. It's a Wonderful Life
    4. Notorious
    5. The Maltese Falcon
    6. The Big Sleep
    7. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
    8. Fantasia
    9. Rebecca
    10. Rope

1930s
    1. The Wizard of Oz
    2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    3. Frankenstein
    4. Dracula
    5. King Kong
    6. The Bride of Frankenstein
    7. All Quiet on the Western Front
    8. The Mummy
    9. M
    10. The Man Who Knew Too Much

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Both versions of The Man Who Knew Too Much, interesting

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it weird that I have seen twice as many movies from the 30's list then 2010's? (8 vs 4). In fact 2010's is the fewest. Total seen 65/90.

List of movies on the top 10 of each decade that I would like to see before over:

Rebecca
    Notorious
    The Day the Earth Stood Still
    The Great Escape
    Gravity
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Is it weird that I have seen twice as many movies from the 30's list then 2010's? (8 vs 4). In fact 2010's is the fewest. Total seen 65/90.

List of movies on the top 10 of each decade that I would like to see before over:

Rebecca
    Notorious
    The Day the Earth Stood Still
    The Great Escape
    Gravity
    All those are excellent
    I've Seen all the top tens and all the films are pretty excellent, I am proud of us all for making some great lists together.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks again Mae for all your hard work!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Thanks again Mae for all your hard work!
    You’re very welcome, Heather! I can’t believe we’ve almost done a century of movies!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know! Seems like we just started. I'll be bummed once it's all done.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

FYI here are the top tens of each decade so far:

2010s
    1. Inception
    2. Mad Max: Fury Road
    3. A Quiet Place
    4. The Hateful Eight
    5. Edge of Tomorrow
    6. John Wick
    7. Deadpool
    8. Parasite
    9. It
    10. Gravity

2000s
    1. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    2. The Dark Knight
    3. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    4. Pan's Labyrinth
    5. Kill Bill: Volume 1
    6. No Country for Old Men
    7. Memento
    8. Minority Report
    9. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    10. The Departed

1990s
    1. The Shawshank Redemption
    2. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    3. Saving Private Ryan
    4. 12 Monkeys
    5. Pulp Fiction
    6. Braveheart
    7. Seven
    8. Fargo
    9. The Matrix
    10. The Green Mile

1980s
    1. Aliens
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Die Hard
    4. Stand by Me
    5. Back to the Future
    6. Raiders of the Lost Ark
    7. The Terminator
    8. Beetlejuice
    9. Ghostbusters
    10. Full Metal Jacket

1970s
    1. Jaws
    2. Star Wars
    3. Alien
    4. The Godfather
    5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    6. Halloween
    7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    8. Rocky
    9. The Exorcist
    10. Taxi Driver

1960s
    1. Psycho
    2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    3. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    4. The Birds
    5. Planet of the Apes
    6. Goldfinger
    7. Dr. Strangelove
    8. Rosemary's Baby
    9. The Great Escape
    10. Night of the Living Dead

1950s
    1. 12 Angry Men
    2. Rear Window
    3. Vertigo
    4. Seven Samurai
    5. The Day the Earth Stood Still
    6. Ben-Hur
    7. Rebel Without a Cause
    8. The African Queen
    9. The Man Who Knew Too Much
    10. Some Like It Hot

1940s
    1. Casablanca
    2. Citizen Kane
    3. It's a Wonderful Life
    4. Notorious
    5. The Maltese Falcon
    6. The Big Sleep
    7. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
    8. Fantasia
    9. Rebecca
    10. Rope

1930s
    1. The Wizard of Oz
    2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    3. Frankenstein
    4. Dracula
    5. King Kong
    6. The Bride of Frankenstein
    7. All Quiet on the Western Front
    8. The Mummy
    9. M
    10. The Man Who Knew Too Much
    Lets put all these together for the top of the last years! Be a quick one and fun cause so many good ones!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lets put all these together for the top of the last years! Be a quick one and fun cause so many good ones!!
    Dude this would be awesome!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Dude this would be awesome!
    Call it the “Top Ten of All Time”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

We'll technically have our Top 10 of All Time once we go through all ten decades, and have our ten decade winners. Not sure if doing a 100-movie playoff with the ten Top 10s of each decade is worth doing, but I'll think about it.

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone! In July we should start our nominations for the final part of our tournament event, and the tenth decade of the movies, the 1920s! As I have said before, I know this is probably the least-seen decade. Unfairly so because it actually has some absolute classics! This part of the tournament will also only require 80 nominations, which I believe we should be able to make fairly easily. We will probably also have a less restrictive nominating and seconding period, but we'll see how it goes. With that said, here are some links as food for thought. Keep in mind that many of these films are in public domain now and can easily be found for free on YouTube:

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Predicting a final four of: Caligari, Nosferatu, Metropolis, and House of Usher.

Pulling for The Gold Rush.

Country
    Country Flag

No Lloyd? Safety Last would go far I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast