Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1435

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I am very happy to see that Rebecca made the top 5, and actually got the most votes out of the nominated Hitchcock films.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I am very happy to see that Rebecca made the top 5, and actually got the most votes out of the nominated Hitchcock films.
    And so it should.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With Round 3 now underway, I wanted to once again thank everyone for your participating! Things get even more interesting and tough decisions need to be made!

Standings after the second round:

Moving on:

Eliminated:

Hitchcock still with four movies in the Top 10.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    With Round 3 now underway, I wanted to once again thank everyone for your participating! Things get even more interesting and tough decisions need to be made!

Standings after the second round:

Moving on:

Eliminated:

Hitchcock still with four movies in the Top 10.

14 movies I have seen moved on, and 1 was eliminated. (note, 1 of those I saw last night, so didn't vote for it (Double Indemnity)), 2 more are on my DVR
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And so the third round is over! Thank you to everyone for your continued great participation! We are now entering the home stretch, no more multiple choice. Round 4 starts on Monday!

Standings after the third round:

Moving on:

Eliminated:

Hitchcock still with four movies in the Top 10. And six in the Top 20.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's just me but I think there's something poetic (and hilarious) about Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein ranking higher than Citizen Kane.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Laura, The Red Shoes and Cat people being eliminated is hurtful.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I think there's something poetic (and hilarious) about Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein ranking higher than Citizen Kane.
    Well, we'll see how they do next round!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not bad, of the movies I have seen 13 advanced, and 2 dropped. Still have 1 on my DVR to watch.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

And so the fourth round has ended! Thank you, everyone, as always. Some difficult decisions were made, but things get even harder now that we're officially entering the playoffs, with the Octofinals opening up on Monday! Quick programming note, I won't be around on Wednesday, so the polls normally scheduled to go up on that day will drop a day early on Tuesday. I don't think anyone will mind.

Country
    Country Flag

Standings after Round 4:

Moving on:
    1. Casablanca 346.33%
    2. Rebecca 323.11%
    3. It's a Wonderful Life 319.74%
    4. Notorious 315.58%
    5. Citizen Kane 306.58%
    6. Spellbound 302.38%
    7. Rope 301.12%
    8. The Maltese Falcon 296.87%
    9. Double Indemnity 293.82%
    10. The Big Sleep 292.58%
    11. Lifeboat 286.15%
    12. Bambi 281.21%
    13. The Grapes of Wrath 279.76%
    14. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre 279.75%
    15. Fantasia 269.27%
    16. The Wolf Man 264.84%

Eliminated:
    1. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein 272.62%
    2. Miracle on 34th Street 253.72%
    3. Shadow of a Doubt 249.39%
    4. The Philadelphia Story 243.77%
    5. The Great Dictator 236.81%
    6. Saboteur 236.61%
    7. Arsenic and Old Lace 234.64%
    8. Suspicion 234.48%
    9. Key Largo 234.04%
    10. The Third Man 230.64%
    11. Dumbo 228.88%
    12. The Picture of Dorian Gray 223.10%
    13. Gaslight 222.97%
    14. Meet Me in St. Louis 209.62%
    15. The Body Snatcher 192.82%
    16. Hamlet 191.77%

I'm sure Heather is super happy to see Rebecca's climb up the rankings! And Hitchcock with five films in the playoffs, four of them in the top ten.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, this comment didn't age well.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

lol

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Third Man, Shadow of a Doubt, The Great Dictator and The Philadelphia Story I will miss

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Yeah, this comment didn't age well.
    You think that's bad, you should check out some of my fantasy football picks! Good to see Kane hanging in there in 5th place.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

And now we're down to just 8! Thank you everyone for this great journey through the 1940s! Some difficult choices still lie ahead:

After five rounds:

Moving on:
    1. Casablanca 433.83%
    2. Notorious 390.58%
    3. It's a Wonderful Life 388.49%
    4. Citizen Kane 383.05%
    5. The Maltese Falcon 367.46%
    6. The Big Sleep 351.40%
    7. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre 342.25%
    8. Fantasia 319.27%

Eliminated:
    1. Rebecca 364.29%
    2. Rope 351.12%
    3. Spellbound 339.88%
    4. Lifeboat 317.40%
    5. Double Indemnity 306.32%
    6. Bambi 306.21%
    7. The Grapes of Wrath 303.29%
    8. The Wolf Man 294.25%

Hitchcock traffic jam with four in a row from #9 to #12 (maybe five if Notorious ends up at #8, though unlikely).

Country
    Country Flag

And we're onto the Semifinals, people! Four films, two polls. And it's Halloween! Have fun! And thank you, once again.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the day is finally here, everyone, and it's the 1940s Final! Thank you to everybody for your amazing participation for such a long time. We started this journey in January 2019, so we are coming up on four years! The great part is that we are almost done, with next year being the 1930s and the 1920s! Our final two decades. Then, in early 2024 we will mark the 5th anniversary of this project by having our final all-time round-robin for the best film of the last 100 years!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh no, I completely missed the semi-finals. Can't believe we're already at the end! Thanks again Mae for putting this all together for us.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh no, I completely missed the semi-finals. Can't believe we're already at the end! Thanks again Mae for putting this all together for us.
    You are welcome, Heather! And I hope the semifinal results were okay for you, I"m sorry you missed that vote

Notorious was the top Hitch for the decade!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I thought we had a thread somewhere discussing future tournament ideas but I can't find it.

EDIT: Found it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

And there you have it, everyone! The 1940s are done, and Casablanca is the big winner, by a wide margin. And it's actually our highest-ranked winner so far, garnering 81.75% of all possible votes. I will post a complete ranked list of all our 1940s movies shortly. Thank you!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for another great tournament Mae!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Thanks for another great tournament Mae!
    You're super welcome! Hope to see you and as many of the rest back for the 1930s! Kicking off this January!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast