Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1435

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The last poll of Round 1 just closed with the tiebreaker and so we're all set for Round 2 to begin on Monday! Thank you all for your great participation to kick things off here for the 1950s! As expected, it's a little less than we've previously had, but still our core group of 15-20 people are all actively participating, so thank you everyone for sticking around!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Standings after the first round:

Moving on:

Eliminated:

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the last of the polls are done today and on Monday we're going into Round 3!

Standings after the second round:

Moving on:

Eliminated:

That's four Hitchcocks in the top ten right now.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow, Rebel at number 2
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Wow, Rebel at number 2
    An excellent film!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I think the top three eliminated this round were Pickpocket, Tokyo Story and The Seventh Seal.
    And 8 Hitchcocks remain.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I think The Searchers being eliminated is a disgrace.

I must admit, Wayne's best performance, One of Ford's best and one of the greatest westerns ever should have went through as well. Not my favorite Wayne movie though. Gorgeous film.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

3 movies I have seen eliminated, but 16 I have seen move on. (still only 1/4 of the movies I can vote on)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    3 movies I have seen eliminated, but 16 I have seen move on. (still only 1/4 of the movies I can vote on)
    Not too late to watch some of the ones you haven't seen! Many of them are streaming.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Not too late to watch some of the ones you haven't seen! Many of them are streaming.

I do have 1 movie on my DVR:

Some like it hot

Other movies I have watched in last 6 months:

12 Angry Men (but think I saw it 30-40 yrs ago)
    Forbidden Planet
    The Fly
    Strangers on a Train
    Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    Them!
    Journey to the Center of the Earth

Others I would like to see, if streaming for free:

The Day the Earth Stood Still
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers (I have the 80's version on my DVR)
    The Incredible Shrinking Man
    House of Wax
    High Noon
    The Blob
    Anatomy of a Murder (well don't know anything about this one, but the name sounds intriguing)
    The Seven Year Itch
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your diligent voting as we've closed the book and Round 3, and Round 4 begins on Monday! From here on out there's no more multiple-choice!

Standings after the third round:

Moving on:

Eliminated:

Hitchcock keeps his four in the top ten (and has the top two spots now). Round 3 also left behind all the animated films.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Some great films got eliminated this past round.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, only 2 out of 16 movies I have seen got eliminated in round 3.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Paths of Glory getting eliminated this early...

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, some big exists this last round. Singin' in the Rain is another.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's here, folks! Round 4 is over and that means the playoffs are starting, with the Octofinals going up on Monday! Thank you once again to everyone for voting and participating in discussions!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad to see that Paths of Glory and The Killing didn't make it this far.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

The last of the octofinals just closed and we're now very close to the end of this part of our journey! Thank you to everyone for such great participation and voting! Quarterfinals will be up on Monday!

Standings after the fifth round:

Moving on:
    1. Rear Window 452.02%
    2. 12 Angry Men 416.45%
    3. Vertigo 410.66%
    4. Seven Samurai 378.29%
    5. Rebel Without a Cause 365.76%
    6. Ben-Hur 360.68%
    7. The Day the Earth Stood Still 360.41%
    8. The African Queen 285.52%

Eliminated:
    1. The Man Who Knew Too Much 334.27%
    2. Some Like It Hot 325.57%
    3. The Fly 316.83%
    4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers 311.25%
    5. Creature from the Black Lagoon 307.20%
    6. A Streetcar Named Desire 305.96%
    7. The Bridge on the River Kwai 304.51%
    8. Them! 264.63%

At some point, it will be RW against V and that's when we fight

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    At some point, it will be RW against V and that's when we fight
    Like Thanos it is inevitable.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure it's possible but I don't see an all-Hitch final.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the standings remain as they are, Rear Window will face off against Vertigo in the semi final.

Country
    Country Flag

I can see a Rear Window and Seven Samurai final.

My apologies because I'm sure you've gone over this numerous times, but just curious how you set up the groupings? Why is it 1 vs 5 and 4 vs 8? Instead of 1 vs 8 and 4 vs 5? Seems like lots of good films can get eliminated since the highest are going against the highest and lesser ranked films go against each other, allowing those to move on further. I know it likely won't make any difference once we get down to the finals, but would affect the overall ranking of the films.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast