Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Parasite should win from these titles.
    Agreed fully.
    "Should" is a funny thing. There is a lot of love for Mad Max, Inception (my personal favorite in the final 8), and The Hateful Eight.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mad Max should win.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Mattrick.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not mind at all if Mad Max won.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Moving on:
    1. Mad Max: Fury Road 516.97%
    2. Inception 505.45%
    3. A Quiet Place 454.90%
    4. The Hateful Eight 447.32%

Eliminated:
    1. Edge of Tomorrow 429.67%
    2. John Wick 425.19%
    3. Deadpool 421.15%
    4. Parasite 420.54%

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So here we are, good folks and people! We're finally at the final for the 2010s decade. Quite an unexpected, or perhaps expected, match-up. Either way, I always feel it is the journey, not the destination, and once we're done, as usual I'll post our overall ranking of all the entries.

I also want to take this time to thank everyone, once again, for your continued support and voting and healthy discussions! This particular portion of the tournament coincided with my mom's decline and passing, and even though that was difficult to deal with, coming back here always brought a little solace. Thank you! And here's to a happy and safe Thanksgiving and the rest of the merry holidays coming up!

But it's also time to think about the future! The next step of our Great Movie Tournament will be the glorious decade of the 1970s, often called the greatest decade of the movies! With the 1970s we'll start our fifth decade, which means this whole project will be at its halfway point! As usual, I've prepared some handy links to help you prepare your lists, jostle your memory, and just give you some food for thought:

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It seemed like the tournament would go on forever, but now I can't believe it's over!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

And here is the overall 1 through 320 ranked list for the 2010s according to our membership:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So here we are, good folks and people! We're finally at the final for the 2010s decade. Quite an unexpected, or perhaps expected, match-up. Either way, I always feel it is the journey, not the destination, and once we're done, as usual I'll post our overall ranking of all the entries.

I also want to take this time to thank everyone, once again, for your continued support and voting and healthy discussions! This particular portion of the tournament coincided with my mom's decline and passing, and even though that was difficult to deal with, coming back here always brought a little solace. Thank you! And here's to a happy and safe Thanksgiving and the rest of the merry holidays coming up!

But it's also time to think about the future! The next step of our Great Movie Tournament will be the glorious decade of the 1970s, often called the greatest decade of the movies! With the 1970s we'll start our fifth decade, which means this whole project will be at its halfway point! As usual, I've prepared some handy links to help you prepare your lists, jostle your memory, and just give you some food for thought:
    The 70's and older are really going to be tough for me. Looking through all your links I only came up with a list of 14 movies that I've actually sat down and watched all the way through.

There are probably another couple dozen that I at least have a vague awareness of but have never seen in their entirety.

I say was just skip the tournament and name The Godfather the winner...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Which one?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Which one?
    The first one is widely considered the best one of the trilogy yes?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If only. With the way we've been voting the Godfather will probably lose in the Quarterfinals to fucking Superman or something.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks for organizing the tournament Mae, it was a lot of fun. I'll have to start getting my list for the 70s ready.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you once again, Mae! What a journey these tournaments are.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

It's my pleasure, y'all! I'm glad we're all on this journey together!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, mae.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Mae, I enjoyed it very much again. These have been a great release from the confines of the continued pandemic and the world in general.

Country
    Country Flag

You're all welcome, I'm glad. I hope everyone takes a good break but we're starting 1970s nominations in about a month!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're all welcome, I'm glad. I hope everyone takes a good break but we're starting 1970s nominations in about a month!
    I love the tournaments for so many different reasons, but one of the recent reasons is that every time we have a tournament, I end up finding more movies to buy! Looking forward to adding some 70s films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Wishing everyone a happy and safe New Year's Eve as we say goodbye to a terrible year that would not end seemingly. Reminding everyone that we'll be opening up for nominations for the 1970s very soon in the new year! Stay tuned.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wishing everyone a happy and safe New Year's Eve as we say goodbye to a terrible year that would not end seemingly. Reminding everyone that we'll be opening up for nominations for the 1970s very soon in the new year! Stay tuned.
    Happy New Year, Mae! Thanks for everything you've done for TDT. Org and here's hoping 2021 shines a little light on us all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it!!

Country
    Country Flag

Happy New Year! I will be opening the nominations for the 1970s right here on Monday the 11th!

Do you have your lists ready, folks? See you soon!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ready! The 70's is probably the best decade of film ever. The sheer amount of amazing films released during that timeframe is simply staggering.

Not to mention you had greats like Hitchcock, Lumet, Kubrick, Coppola etc., all operating during that era and its clear it was a pivotal decade for cinema.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Ready! The 70's is probably the best decade of film ever. The sheer amount of amazing films released during that timeframe is simply staggering.

Not to mention you had greats like Hitchcock, Lumet, Kubrick, Coppola etc., all operating during that era and its clear it was a pivotal decade for cinema.
    I will be watching A LOT of 70's films. I hope to learn more movies that I have missed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast