Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'll add it to my list too, Heather.
    Which one, Strangers on a Train?
    Song of the Sea.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ah, yes, please do. It's a sweet little story, and the animation is absolutely beautiful.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Ah, yes, please do. It's a sweet little story, and the animation is absolutely beautiful.
    Absolutely! And for those with Hulu, Loving Vincent is streaming there.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Her was amazing. That's all I can say right now. Cross that one off the list!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

OK, some that I wish participants would watch if they can, picking the lesser seen ones or at least the ones I think are lesser seen.....

Call Me by Your Name
    God's Own Country
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    Blue Jasmine
    Love, Simon
    Killer Joe
    Amour
    The Raid 2
    Isle of Dogs
    The Woman
    Mother!
    Anomalisa
    The Tree of Life
    Melancholia
    Parasite
    I Saw the Devil
    Moonlight

I don't know how many have seen these but again not necessarily all my very favorites but ones I hope get a fighting chance in the tournament.

In no particular order (except for the top five, please watch those if you can, thanks)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes to all of Tommy's But I would highlight Love, Simon, The Woman, Melancholia, and of course Parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes to all of Tommy's But I would highlight Love, Simon, The Woman, Melancholia, and of course Parasite.
    Love, Simon is so great. It feels like a movie that SHOULD have come out 20 years ago but baby steps I guess.
    CMBYN is surrounded by all kinds of controversies, some I can appreciate, some I call BS on but man, that movie...hard to put into words what that movie did to/for me. One of the few I saw twice in the theater while theaters were still a thing, sigh
    God's Own Country deserves a lot of praise as well. Love that movie so, so much.
    Beasts of the Southern Wild actually made me cry the first time I saw it. Amazing film
    And Blue Jasmine, Cate Blanchett gives one of her best performances ever and that's saying a lot. Outstanding.
    And yes, I went into Parasite not knowing anything about it and was blown away.
    Melancholia is like a beautiful nightmare you can't quite forget even if you try. Von Trier has his issues but he has made some truly baffling and magical art in his career. He is a true original
    The Woman, what can I say? Loved the book and the movie did it justice. A few scenes I wish they had kept from the book but it probably would have went into NC-17 territory.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    OK, some that I wish participants would watch if they can, picking the lesser seen ones or at least the ones I think are lesser seen.....

Call Me by Your Name
    God's Own Country
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    Blue Jasmine
    Love, Simon
    Killer Joe
    Amour
    The Raid 2
    Isle of Dogs
    The Woman
    Mother!
    Anomalisa
    The Tree of Life
    Melancholia
    Parasite
    I Saw the Devil
    Moonlight

I don't know how many have seen these but again not necessarily all my very favorites but ones I hope get a fighting chance in the tournament.

In no particular order (except for the top five, please watch those if you can, thanks)
    There are a few I haven't seen. Blue Jasmine, Amour, God's Own Country and Melancholia. Melancholia is one I own, but I just haven't ever been in the mood to check it out. I also own Blue Jasmine and Amour. I didn't realize how many films I picked up over the years that made it into our tournament. Films like Carol and Brooklyn as well.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

All very worthy of a watch before we vote. Still plenty of time. Voting starts in 12 days.

To slightly bias you maybe, Melancholia is my #1 film of 2011

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Melancholia and Amour are made by two different master craftsmen, have no fear about them -at the bare minimum- being worth your time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I've crossed off The Guest, I Saw The Devil, and The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

Wanna get to Never Let Me Go, and The Lost City of Z in the next day or two.
    Scratching The Lost City of Z off my list, just caught that last night. Never Let Me Go is next.

@Mae The Farewell is next after that

Country
    Country Flag

Let me know what you think! It was a very difficult choice last year for me for #1 between The Farewell and Parasite.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Her was amazing. That's all I can say right now. Cross that one off the list!
    You're damn right it is.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Melancholia has maybe the most intense ending to a film I have ever seen.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Alfred who?
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    To slightly bias you maybe, Melancholia is my #1 film of 2011
    I remember you loving that one.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

anytime I think about that film I think about Kiefer Sunderland's character looking up the rogue planet through his little looking scope thing. What a beautifully shot film.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sunderland? Lol

Im going to post a thread for the predictions pool last tonight.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My bad I got my wires crossed, that's a soccer team lol. Sutherland.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

DAMMIT

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Upgrade is coming to me from Netflix, so I'll be making that my first tournament watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Upgrade is coming to me from Netflix, so I'll be making that my first tournament watch.
    YOUR GONNA LOVE IT. I cannot wait for a sequel. If this was released ANY other time other than during the reign of Avengers? Would be WAY more mainstream....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll let you know what I think!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll let you know what I think!
    Please do!!! Seriously!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

@Heather - I watched Song of the Sea last night. Beautiful film! Thank you for the recommendation.

That's a very cool movie that I wouldn't mind watching again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast