Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Independence Day 2 was one of the worst things I've ever seen and should be scrubbed from the world's memories.

While not my definitive 10 hidden gems of the decade, here's 10 that I loved, consider underrated, and would recommend (in no particular order):

1. Predestination
    2. Coherence
    3. Sound of My Voice
    4. The Perfection
    5. Never Let Me Go
    6. The Strangers: Prey at Night
    7. Molly's Game
    8. The Babadook
    9. Bad Words
    10. Wild

Might have to do another list of 10 additional ones!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    1. The Babadook (2014)
    2. Melancholia (2011)
    3. The Witch (2016)
    4. Spotlight (2015)
    I approve.

And glad to see Coherence on your list, Mae.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad words is the ugliest looking film ever. It's so fucking BROWN.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a friendly and excited reminder that nominations will open up in 12 days, on Monday, June 29th

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The best thing about Boyhood was Arquette's performance.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

A couple more that I haven't seen mentioned yet that I thought were really good

Goodnight Mommy
    A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Co-sign both of those!

I would also add a couple more, like Spring (2014) and The Duke of Burgundy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I found a pretty good link to look for movies or just jog your memory
    https://www.filmcrave.com/
    Go to Movie Lists on the top of the page The click on top movies by year.

Country
    Country Flag

Also, I don't know if I'd call it a hidden gem exactly, it was pretty popular, but I hope people don't sleep on Happy Death Day. The sequel was good as well, going back to the original, kinda like BTTF2. And now finally word that a third film could be actually coming:

https://theplaylist.net/jason-blum-h...ay-3-20200609/
    Blumhouse founder Jason Blum has become one of the biggest names in horror films thanks to his formula of releasing clever films with micro-budgets and earning big profits. He’s also launched a number of franchises using this model, including the underrated “Happy Death Day” films. But after the second film didn’t have as much box office punch as its predecessor, fans assumed a third film was unlikely.

During an interview with ET, where he and writer-director Leigh Whannell were promoting “The Invisible Man,” Blum was asked about the possibility of a “Happy Death Day 3.” And surprisingly, not only did he confirm interest in the sequel, the producer said he’s working hard to make it happen.

“Let me tell ya, I’m working overtime on it, believe me,” Blum revealed. “I’m trying. Nothing official yet.”

This comment comes almost exactly a year after the director of the “Happy Death Day” franchise, Chris Landon, tweeted that a third film was not happening unless a streaming service like Netflix came in to save the day. While it’s not unprecedented for Blumhouse to align with streaming services to release films, it’s unclear if “Happy Death Day 3” would be something the studio would release directly to Netflix or Amazon. Previous films in the series were released theatrically by Universal.

For those unfamiliar with the concept behind the “Happy Death Day” films, the story centers around a young woman named Tree that finds herself stuck in time loops every time she dies, repeating the same day over and over again. She then has to work with her friends to somehow break the loop.

The good news for “Happy Death Day” fans is that Blumhouse is known to move fast with the development of features, so even though a deal isn’t done now, that doesn’t mean we can’t expect a new film in the franchise fairly soon. And at least now, there’s some hope that a third film will actually happen.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I originally kinda wanted to see Happy Death Day, but then the trailer for the second one came out which completely spoiled the first film. I absolutely hate spoilers, so much so that it turned me off from wanting to watch it. Do you think its still worth giving it a try Mae?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Death Day never appealed to me, not big on teen-slashers. I'm sure the premise is unique and all that but I've just never had an urge to watch it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The color palette is definitely...not bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    A couple more that I haven't seen mentioned yet that I thought were really good

Goodnight Mommy
    Agree!

I just watched The Lodge a few weeks ago, and I think I liked Goodnight Mommy more. The big reveal near the end of The Lodge dealt with some character choices that I'm not sure worked for me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

So I originally kinda wanted to see Happy Death Day, but then the trailer for the second one came out which completely spoiled the first film. I absolutely hate spoilers, so much so that it turned me off from wanting to watch it. Do you think its still worth giving it a try Mae?
    Yes, 100%. The fun is in the journey and how it works. And while the second one might not be as successful, check it out too, if you can. You too, feevie, you might be surprised!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm baffled by that observation. Please explain how it was " so fucking BROWN".

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I've narrowed down my favorites of the decade to 130 films. Still too many to nominate!
    Ha, that's nothing, I have 300. Plus many many honorable mentions. Can't fit everything into an annual Top 30 list, you know.
    I've got like...5. Maybe 10 if I push it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which are? Come on brah, don't keep us in suspense!

Also, I saw Creep last night. Wow, that was certainly an experience. Don't think I was not unsettled, unnerved, uneasy for a single minute. Very chilling found footage film.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I've narrowed down my favorites of the decade to 130 films. Still too many to nominate!
    Ha, that's nothing, I have 300. Plus many many honorable mentions. Can't fit everything into an annual Top 30 list, you know.
    I've got like...5. Maybe 10 if I push it.
    I only have 56 on my list so far.

This one's just made my Top 30 of 2019, it's a whole lot of quirky and spooky fun. Check out The Vast of Night on Amazon Prime! It's like a product of the original Twilight Zone, Contact, and Welcome to Night Vale.
    Just watched this last night, loved it! I hope more people watch it before we start voting.

Country
    Country Flag

This one's just made my Top 30 of 2019, it's a whole lot of quirky and spooky fun. Check out The Vast of Night on Amazon Prime! It's like a product of the original Twilight Zone, Contact, and Welcome to Night Vale.
    Just watched this last night, loved it! I hope more people watch it before we start voting.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Adding it to the list!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm baffled by that observation. Please explain how it was " so fucking BROWN".
    Oh you asked for it. When I'm on my laptop later you're going to get so much Brown.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Happy Death Day films are a lot of fun. They are my new Final Destination. Unfortunately, if they do more, I don't think Jessica Rothe will be in them and that's too bad, because she's the best part of both films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Why not, this was her just last month:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, good. I seem to remember her saying she wasn't interested in doing any more for some reason.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast