Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Threaded View

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Hello friends, it is with great pleasure that I start this particular thread, as it will serve as the launchpad for The Great Movie Tournament, our endeavor to go through each of the ten decades of film and yes, it will take a long time. For reference, here is the original announcement/discussion thread. All further announcements and discussion can be had in this thread, and this first post will be continually updated with the schedules and links for all of the tournament polls.

As it stands, and as discussed previously, the goal is to go through each decade of film, starting with the three latest (the 1990s, the 2000s, and the 2010s). We will then go back in reverse order through the 1980s, the 1970s, the 1960s, the 1950s, the 1940s, the 1930s, and the 1920s (perhaps along with the 1910s for good measure). At the end, each of the ten winners will face-off with one another in a round-robin ranking/tournament to determine the ultimate film of all time. Each decade should take us about four months to do as has been our average with these types of tournaments. That means two decades a year for five years. I know, it sounds daunting, and I hope we all make it to the end (if I don't for whatever reason, I would hope someone picks it up and gets it over the finish line).

So the preliminary (rough) overall schedule is as follows:

Winner of each decade

The 1990s

The 2000s

The 1980s

The 2010s

The 1970s

The 1960s

The 1950s

The 1940s

The 1930s

The 1920s
    Last edited by mae; 08-24-2020 at 04:53 AM.