Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Wow. I have only seen 27 of the 50 Rolling Stone mentioned.
    Doing better than me. I only counted 6...
    Funny, that is exactly how many I had watched all the way through. I thought I was going to do better when I had seen 50 and 49 but then I went halfway through the list before I got to another I had seen.

Of course, my son was born in 2010 so my movie watching has definitely changed in the last decade.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all about this thread! As somebody once said in some movie, "I'll be back."
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not doing 10 and I'm not ranking them. Ban me.

Four Lions
    Ghost Writer
    Incendies
    Tucker & Dalve Vs. Evil
    Attack the Block
    The Guard
    Get the Gringo
    Safety Not Guaranteed
    Blue Ruin
    Locke
    Out of the Furnace
    Starred Up
    We Are What We Are
    The Drop
    A Most Violent Year
    Calvary
    The Rover
    Predestination
    Bone Tomahawk
    Hunt for the Wilderpeople
    A Monster Calls
    The Lost City of Z
    Mudbound
    You Were Never Really Here
    Leave No Trace
    First Reformed
    The Nightingale
    Luce
    Peanut Butter Falcon

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very good list, with plenty of movies that are on my lists as well. For the record, I didn't rank mine, they're just in chronological order.

Also, I know everyone has seen Toy Story 3, Into the Spider-Verse, and Inside Out, but I also wanted to highlight some lesser known, but great, beautiful animated films, too:

Chico & Rita (2010)
    The Illusionist (2010)
    A Cat in Paris (2010)
    The Painting (2011)
    It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)
    Ernest & Celestine (2012)
    Wolf Children (2012)
    The Tale of the Princess Kaguya (2013)
    Song of the Sea (2014)
    April and the Extraordinary World (2015)
    The Red Turtle (2016)
    Your Name (2016)
    My Life as a Zucchini (2016)
    Loving Vincent (2017)
    The Breadwinner (2017)
    Liz and the Blue Bird (2018)
    Wasteland (2019)

If you can find some of these on streaming services you subscribe to, I highly suggest you take the plunge, you'll see a really beautifully crafted work of art. And this last one is actually freely available on YouTube and yes, I am counting it and I am seriously thinking of nominating it:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    There's 20 Marvel films and like 300 nominations, chillaaaxxxx
    Exactly! The last two rounds will be all Marvel films! Correction, Marvel films, IT and Pet Sematary remake. Those will likely be in the final 4 actually.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before, I will say it again. Take away the gimmick and Boyhood is just an average film. I don't get the love for it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s a poignant and well told story. And how it’s told is also part of its appeal.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm probably the only person on the planet that hasn't seen the three films you have listed Mae

I would like to say though, that Song of the Sea is such a beautiful film. I really hope its not just the 2 of us that have seen it.

And Mike, Hunt for the Wilderpeople is such an underrated film. Watched it semi-recently and I feel bad that I had never heard of it when it came out. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Exactly! The last two rounds will be all Marvel films! Correction, Marvel films, IT and Pet Sematary remake. Those will likely be in the final 4 actually.
    If the crap that was Pet Sematary makes the final TEN I will be disgusted. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I don't think that film was very well received. The first It may go far, as might Gerald's Game. That's about it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before, I will say it again. Take away the gimmick and Boyhood is just an average film. I don't get the love for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It’s a poignant and well told story. And how it’s told is also part of its appeal.
    Precisely. And gimmicky or not, you have to respect the discipline and dedication to telling the story in that way.

It's not one of my favorite films but I really enjoyed it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

...Marvel films, IT and Pet Sematary remake. Those will likely be in the final 4 actually.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yeah I don't think that film was very well received. The first It may go far, as might Gerald's Game. That's about it.
    I also really enjoyed 1922. Thought that was a wonderful adaptation.

As for Pet Semetary, I highly doubt it'll make it beyond the first round if it even gets nominated. But then again, what do I know, The Running Man made it a couple rounds in.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    If the crap that was Pet Sematary makes the final TEN I will be disgusted. lol
    If Pet Sematary even makes it into the tournament, I will be disgusted. 🤮💩

Country
    Country Flag

Doctor Sleep I enjoyed too, but there are always 320 better movies I would place ahead of it for the decade.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower, anyone? LOL!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not doing 10 and I'm not ranking them. Ban me.

Four Lions
    Ghost Writer
    Incendies
    Tucker & Dalve Vs. Evil
    Attack the Block
    The Guard
    Get the Gringo
    Safety Not Guaranteed
    Blue Ruin
    Locke
    Out of the Furnace
    Starred Up
    We Are What We Are
    The Drop
    A Most Violent Year
    Calvary
    The Rover
    Predestination
    Bone Tomahawk
    Hunt for the Wilderpeople
    A Monster Calls
    The Lost City of Z
    Mudbound
    You Were Never Really Here
    Leave No Trace
    First Reformed
    The Nightingale
    Luce
    Peanut Butter Falcon
    Nice call on Bone Tomahawk and Paul Schrader's First Reformed!

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Upgrade... has to be one of my favourite underdogs. I have to see First Reformed~! Its good eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I love quirky movies like Safety Not Guaranteed and It's a Disaster. It's more than just quirky, but I'd also throw out John Dies at the End.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like most have blocked that out of their minds. It was on TV the other day so I was reminded of it myself. Isn't it sad that most consider it so bad that it might not get nominated as a top 320 movie on a site dedicated to the books?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Upgrade... has to be one of my favourite underdogs. I have to see First Reformed~! Its good eh?
    Upgrade!! Damn I've been wanting to watch that.

Country
    Country Flag

Upgrade!! Damn I've been wanting to watch that.
    Omg. You HAVE to watch it. They just announced they are doing a sequel to! Either TV or another movie....
    The issue they had? They released it during like 3
    Other big movies and Avengers being a big one. It’s my favourite movie of that year. It would have been bigger if they had choose another release date. It’s a gem.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Upgrade is great.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Not sure if these have been mentioned yet but here's a list of some less talked about films that I really enjoyed from this past decade.

Stake Land
    When Animals Dream
    Brooklyn
    The Nice Guys
    Stoker
    The Wave
    Tusk
    It Comes at Night
    The Double

Country
    Country Flag

Great list, Heather! Haven't seen When Animals Dream but it sounds really cool!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast