Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1435

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And here is the overall 1 through 128 ranked list for the 1940s according to our membership:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a respectable Top 10. I love it.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job, as always, Mae. I hope this sparks some people to go out and rent some of these gems.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Looking back at the list and I think we did a really good job! Even the bottom ten here are excellent films.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Three in the top ten and still more Hitchcock to come next time!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

There's alot of great movies there. Can't wait for the next one! Thanks again Mae for organizing these fun tournaments for us.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are all very welcome! I love hosting and running these, and discovering or re-discovering movies! Can't wait to dive into the incredible decade of the 1930s, which I feel was one of the best in Hollywood history! So many amazing and unique movies were made during the 1930s, some of my favorites. They certainly don't make them like that anymore! I'll be posting some of my usual food for thought links and videos for 1930s movies soon. Stay tuned!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it

Country
    Country Flag

So as always, we take a break between our decades of this enormous tournament, but as per usual, here are some links to get you started thinking of what to nominate for the upcoming decade of the 1930s. Like I mentioned earlier, this is one of my most favorite decades of film. My all-time number one movie comes from this decade, and just overall movies made in the 1930s have a very recognizable feel to them. Here are some links to jolt your memories or maybe get you to watch some of these tremendous classics you've always wanted to check out. Our nominations will open up in early to mid January, as usual, so you have plenty of time:

Country
    Country Flag

Casablanca turns 80 today.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very surprised to see The Maltese Falcon so high. It's not a film I hear a lot of people talking about.

I wish I could have participated more, but I know Mae did an outstanding job without even having to be here.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm very surprised to see The Maltese Falcon so high. It's not a film I hear a lot of people talking about.
    Really? It is fantastic and a contender for the greatest noir ever. Have you seen it?

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Really? It is fantastic and a contender for the greatest noir ever. Have you seen it?
    I kept praising it all tournament, in fact, it's my favorite of the decade. Try watching it with Dashielle Hammett's novel by your side - the dialog is nearly identical. What a writer. One of my favorite crime novels of all time as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Just a quick and kind reminder that the final leg of our epic tournament begins next month as we start the nomination process for the greatest movies of the 1930s! The thread will go up as usual in early January with the voting kicking off around the start of February. I've shared some links and such previously, so hopefully everyone has some good stuff to nominate! I know given the age of these movies, participation will be lower, but I'm hoping most of those who participated in the 1940s will return.

Happy New Year, everyone! Peace and Love.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe we've gone through all these decades already. Feel like this whole thing has gone by in a flash. :,)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I can't believe we've gone through all these decades already. Feel like this whole thing has gone by in a flash. :,)
    I know, it started in the before times.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yes, I've seen it and it's very good. I'm just saying that when you hear people talk about older films, it's not one I normally hear people mention.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    When did we start the tournament? It really does feel like we just started it yesterday. Crazy how fast time flies by.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    When did we start the tournament? It really does feel like we just started it yesterday. Crazy how fast time flies by.
    We started in January 2019. Before Covid, before the insurrection, before war, and personally, before my mom's diagnosis and passing. I'm really proud of our achievement, together we have been able to really come up with such great lists of movies that I think anyone can look back and use as a guide for watching all of the best movies each decade has to offer without missing out much. And we're almost done.

Wow, I still can't believe we've been doing it that long. Can't wait to start the next round.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Wow, I still can't believe we've been doing it that long. Can't wait to start the next round.
    Nominations thread for the 1930s is going up on Monday the 9th!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys are really doing the 30’s? Wow. I hope we take the top 10 from each decade and do one. I just am no good past the 70’s. I just can’t watch the films. And I have tried!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

At one point, I couldn't watch anything but 20s-40s films. TCM owned me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast