Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1435

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    We’re taking a short break as usual, but will be back in about a month to start the nominations process for the 1960s!
    TBH, you might as well crown Psycho as the winner of the 1960s now and be done with it. The outcome is beyond inevitable.
    That’s is very likely. The point is not only to pick the winner but also rank all the nominees. I will post a complete ranking of the 1970s later this week as I’m away on a mini vacation!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    We’re taking a short break as usual, but will be back in about a month to start the nominations process for the 1960s!
    TBH, you might as well crown Psycho as the winner of the 1960s now and be done with it. The outcome is beyond inevitable.
    Really? How about 2001: Space Odyssey? Planet of the Apes? Lawrence of Arabia? The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly? Dr. Strangelove...?, Bonnie and Clyde? Midnight Cowboy? The Manchurian Candidate? To Kill A Mockingbird? The Wild Bunch? The Great Escape? Those are just off the top of my head. It's another great decade. I am doubting Psycho will win out overall. It's rare that the favorite wins.

As always Mae, thanks for running this ship.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Mae for running this tournament once again! Without you, these tournaments are nothing.

I'm looking forward to the next tournament. As always for me, the nomination process is still my favorite part.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only seen about 5-7 films max from the 60’s. Won’t be as active and don’t really care who wins. What I think would be the most fun is to take the too 10 from every decade when this is over and run that. Be interesting to see what the all time best film would be
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You’re welcome, all. I agree, Psycho is an obvious choice but I’m not sure. Everyone thought The Godfather would win the ‘70s.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next tournament. As always for me, the nomination process is still my favorite part.
    And I’m always excited by your actors research, there are always such surprises!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's so fun to see the longevity of some actors and how some careers go in waves.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any actors from the 60’s still working other than Eastwood?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Such a great question. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As usual, great job Mae. And thanks to everyone for participating. Let's bring on the 60's.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Judi Dench.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I picked out 18 so far. Some are not on my list because I know they will be on other peoples list.

Country
    Country Flag

Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Judi Dench.
    Incredible!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

And Betty white!! She still
    Rocking! 😂
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredible!
    Jane Fonda, Donald Sutherland, Julie Andrews, Alan Arkin, Rita Moreno, James Earl Jones (Vader in that second place film from the 1970s), Robert Duval, James Hong, Mel Brooks, Dick Van Dyke,

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pacino and De Niro might have been in a few films in the 60s but they would probably have been smaller roles.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maggie Smith, Ian McShane, Jon Voight
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Pacino and De Niro might have been in a few films in the 60s but they would probably have been smaller roles.
    Also, Meryl Streep's first film role wasn't until 1977.

Sam Elliott is another name you could throw in there though.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Midnight Cowboy.
    The only x rated film to win best picture.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks Mae! It was a fun tournament. Can't wait for the 60s.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

And here is the overall 1 through 256 ranked list for the 1970s according to our membership:

Country
    Country Flag

You are most welcome, everyone! This has been a really fun and rewarding (and distracting) thing.

Wanted to resurface this for anyone working of their '60s list. The nominations thread drops July 1.

Also, we should nail down the number of nominations. We have always used 256 (with the exception of 320 for the 2010s), so I really see three options:
    • Keep it at 256
    • Reduce to 224 (Round 1 will be 32 groups of 7 - top six move on, one eliminated, rest of tournament the same)
    • Reduce to 192 (Round 1 will be 32 groups of 6 - effectively skipping the regular Round 1)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am fine with whatever you decide, as long as there are not too many Beach Blanket Bingo type nominations!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Maybe start with 224 or 192, and play it by ear with how the nominations are going. If 192 is reached quickly then up it to the next?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast