Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I've watched 134 of the movies on this list completely and seem part of alot of the others. There are quite a few 90s films that I could have nominated that I liked but weren't necessarily "great." Of course my junior high, high school, and half my college years were in the 90s. So it was the decade that most shaped who I am. I still list to Lithium (90s alternative rock) on my satellite radio.
    Lithium is a fantastic channel!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, it's funny how Joel Schumacher is hailed as this horrible, shitty hack director because of Batman and Robin and Batman Forever. He's made some quality films. I quite like Phonebooth and Phantom of the Opera as well.

Movies in the tournament I've seen: 198

Movies nominated not seconded I've seen: 31/69

And at least a dozen of those 31 were my nominations. It's no wonder why I wasn't seconding anything. I hadn't seen most of them. About 25 of the movies I've seen I watched was I was a kid and barely remember. I had an illegal cable box, so I watched a lot of free PPV growing up. Gattaca? Couldn't tell you what happens, but I've seen it several times lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't feel like going through the list to count as I'm working on the groups (randomized using random.org as I usually do) and gathering posters/trailers, but I think I've seen the vast majority of the 256 as well. And speaking of Joel Schumacher, he could have easily had another one in this thing cause I was this close to nominating 8MM. Oh and Gattaca is one of the best of the whole decade.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I have these so far

Robert DeNiro
    Denzel Washington
    Al Pachino
    Val Kilmer
    Michael Douglas
    Matt Damon
    Ray Liota
    Mel Gibson
    Donald Sutherland
    Tom Cruise
    Juliette Lewis
    Nicolas Cage
    Woody Harrelson
    Christian Slater
    Michael J Fox
    Gene Hackman
    Bruce Willis
    Laurence Fishburn
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    It's a start

I'll expand on this. Going to point out the movies too, but might miss one)

Keanu Reeves (Dracula, Matrix, Point Break, Speed, Bill and Ted)
    Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump, Philedelphia, Green Mile, Toy Story, Story 2, )

Will look for more later

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I don't feel like going through the list to count as I'm working on the groups (randomized using random.org as I usually do) and gathering posters/trailers, but I think I've seen the vast majority of the 256 as well. And speaking of Joel Schumacher, he could have easily had another one in this thing cause I was this close to nominating 8MM. Oh and Gattaca is one of the best of the whole decade.

Gattaca has been on my list to rewatch. I remember a lot of images, and kind of the premise, eugenics or whatever. I think the 90's is the best decade for entertainment all around since the 70's. Not as much great TV, but the great stuff was great. Tons of great films, very big films too. Not as many films in the 2000s have the societal panache of a Jurassic Park, Shawshank Redemption, or Forrest Gump...tons of others too in with those three, like T2 and Titanic. Video Games were breaking out with a lot of great titles. Music was just great in the 90's. Even the pop music on the radio was good. Everything just took a nose dove about 2003 lol

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    The Addams family (1991)
    oh good lord i can't believe i haven't nominated it myself! good that it has already been seconded, thank you sharki and MikeDuke!

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Nominating
    Back to the future part 3 (1990)
    ...and this, too, and thanks amd013 for seconding

sharki, you keep nominating bears' favorites (part 3 is my absolute favorite of the three, by the way)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's a shame. It's one of my favorites. I've seen it countless times.
    bears' to-watch list is about to burst

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Oh, it's funny how Joel Schumacher is hailed as this horrible, shitty hack director because of Batman and Robin and Batman Forever. He's made some quality films. I quite like Phonebooth and Phantom of the Opera as well.

Movies in the tournament I've seen: 198

Movies nominated not seconded I've seen: 31/69

And at least a dozen of those 31 were my nominations. It's no wonder why I wasn't seconding anything. I hadn't seen most of them. About 25 of the movies I've seen I watched was I was a kid and barely remember. I had an illegal cable box, so I watched a lot of free PPV growing up. Gattaca? Couldn't tell you what happens, but I've seen it several times lol
    And in the 80s he directed The Lost Boys. His career tanked after the Jim Carrey turd fest The Number 23.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've seen at least 132, but there's probably a few more. And a handful of them it's been ages, so I don't really remember a lot about them. I'll have to try to watch some more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Of the movies that actually made it in, I've only seen 110. Most of the ones that I haven't seen, I at least know about, although there are a handful I've never even heard of.

There are a few that I've tried several times to sit down and watch but I just can't get through them for some reason. Pulp Fiction and Jurassic Park are probably 2 of the biggest.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33