Yes, it's that time again, ladies and gentlemen! After a long enough pause we're finally doing another movie tournament. This will be another epic tournament or rather a series of tournaments, like our exhaustive (but hopefully not exhausting) music tournament. I'm borrowing the name because this time we won't be focusing on a genre, like we did with Horror or Comedy, we'll be determining the best movies of each decade.

This will be a multiple step process that will eventually see us select a winner for each decade of popular film from the 1920s to the 2010s. We'll begin this year with the 1990s and the 2000s decades, and in early 2020 we'll continue with the 2010s. We'll then move on to other decades: the 1980s, 1970s, 1960s, 1950s, 1940s, 1930s, and finally the 1920s (which also will allow for films from the 1910s, we'll call it The Dawn of Cinema or something flowery like that maybe). To precede any smartypants, a decade for our purposes is a stretch of ten years where one year ends with a zero and the tenth year ends with a nine (1990-1999).

Once the ten winners of each decade have been selected, a round-robin faceoff will determine the ultimate best film of all time, much like the culmination of our music tournament. Yes, this will take a long time, several years by my count, but we're in no hurry. Anyway, that's the plan. We've been going back and forth on what kind of tournament to have and my tournament itch (OCD) is getting itchy

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the setup of the project and maybe begin thinking of what you'd like to nominate for the 1990s as that would be out first decade out of the gate. We'll be using the same template used in our last few tournaments, namely, 200 seconded titles (so basically Top 20 per year, think of it that way), a waiting period of five nominations before you can nominate again, and you can second anything anytime (or we may amend that to include a small waiting period as well). Once enough of the regulars here become aware of the plan, we'll open up the nomination process.

#micdrop