Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Collectible Comic Art - Artists' Originals

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

pretty nice!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey Wiz - Did Jae Lee say anything about changing dealers. I see that Albert Moy is out of NYC and since Jae is moving... I was just wondering.

Thanks.
    Long Days,
    turtlex
    No, he did not say anything about Albert. I mentioned to him that Oy (Dave) was an even bigger fan than me with much more artwork and he laughed and said maybe he should inscribe the book to him. Albert was mentioned as being his dealer and he said nothing to contradict that.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Great stuff, Dave!

It's nice that Jae Lee dressed up for the photo. I wonder what he wears when he is just laying around the house chillin'?
    Yes, that was my first thought too. One of the first things he did was apologize that he couldn't invite me up to the apartment 'cause it was such a mess with preparing to move and also that he had just got out of bed (this was 12:30pm). I told him, I was just getting up when he probably went to bed.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    No, he did not say anything about Albert. I mentioned to him that Oy (Dave) was an even bigger fan than me with much more artwork and he laughed and said maybe he should inscribe the book to him. Albert was mentioned as being his dealer and he said nothing to contradict that.
    Great news, thanks so much.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I mentioned to him that Oy (Dave) was an even bigger fan than me with much more artwork and he laughed and said maybe he should inscribe the book to him.

I would not have complained if he had

Actually I have been meaning to see if Albert would be willing to put me in touch with Jae to get some stuff signed, someday I will try.

That really was a cool inscription congrats again

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Albert Moy has just listed several original pages of Jae Lee's artwork for the third issue of the new DT story arc.

http://www.albertmoy.com/newgalleryroom.asp

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. Such a talented artist. Wish I could afford all of them.

Thanks carlosdetweiller, for letting us know there was new art out there.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised the only pages sold so far are the two I got (had to have the poor Oy pages )

My Mood
    Gay

I just can't afford any right now, or else, I'd have more than one.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got an e-mail from Jae Lee who says:

Hi David. Vegas is awesome! I have joined Randall Flagg's side!

For those of you who do not know, Jae recently moved from New York City (where I work) to Las Vegas.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Gay

Oh no, a loss to Flagg !!

Great that he kept in touch. Wonder how the poker is goin?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

New artwork posted for sale from The Long Road Home #4. Looks like some very nice pieces for sale.

My Mood
    Gay

Wow!
    Beautiful.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

(I missed this earlier.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Glass is on a distinguished road Glass's Avatar

I own The Gunslinger Born #1 Page 28:

I had to have it when it came out and I couldn't believe my luck when I actually got it from Albert. It is the scene written in The Gunslinger where Roland buries his hawk David. To me it is one of the most literary pages I've seen, because that moment is the first time of many in his journey where Roland must bury one of the ka-tet after he has essentially sacrificed them in order to gain the Tower.

I took the photos because Robin Furth, after seeing her at NY Comic Con, wanted to see it. I think she was giddy to have met someone with a page. She'll sign it at SDCC this year, and hopefully Jae will be there as well. Then comes the hard one -- King!

Any of you have your pages signed? I hear Jae signed some of them before they left him but mine wasn't signed for some reason...

Shawn

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawn-

Very nice. I recognized the scene right away!

My panels (6 of them) are all signed by Jae.

When is the SDCC this year?

Hey Wiz,

Did you get your panels signed by Jae in person or were they already signed when you received them from Al?

The 2009 SDCC is from July 23-26, I believe. I have every reason to believe Robin will be there. I have an idea Del Rey will be promoting the heck out of The Talisman comic book at that convention and both Robin and artist Tony Shasteen will be there to support that endeavor.

Perhaps we'll be able to see some of the The Talisman before it is released in the Fall.... just a thought....

Shawn

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    I own The Gunslinger Born #1 Page 28:

I had to have it when it came out and I couldn't believe my luck when I actually got it from Albert. It is the scene written in The Gunslinger where Roland buries his hawk David. To me it is one of the most literary pages I've seen, because that moment is the first time of many in his journey where Roland must bury one of the ka-tet after he has essentially sacrificed them in order to gain the Tower.

I took the photos because Robin Furth, after seeing her at NY Comic Con, wanted to see it. I think she was giddy to have met someone with a page. She'll sign it at SDCC this year, and hopefully Jae will be there as well. Then comes the hard one -- King!

Any of you have your pages signed? I hear Jae signed some of them before they left him but mine wasn't signed for some reason...

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I think beginning with the second issue of Gunslinger Born all my pages have been signed when I received them.

My first issue pages are unsigned as well.

My Mood
    Gay

Very cool !

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    Hey Wiz,

Did you get your panels signed by Jae in person or were they already signed when you received them from Al?

The 2009 SDCC is from July 23-26, I believe. I have every reason to believe Robin will be there. I have an idea Del Rey will be promoting the heck out of The Talisman comic book at that convention and both Robin and artist Tony Shasteen will be there to support that endeavor.

Perhaps we'll be able to see some of the The Talisman before it is released in the Fall.... just a thought....

Shawn
    Shawn-

I have 2 comic panels and four character sketches. Jae delivered them to me himself. I did not go through Albert.

Gotcha, Wiz.

New Jae Lee artwork from one of the Dark Tower story arcs recently added here:

My Mood
    Gay

I just love Jae Lee's work... maybe I'll be able to get one when my taxes are done.

Thanks for posting about the updated items, carlos!

My Mood
    Gay

FYI from the Comic Tower - Bernie Wrightson is going to be at a Comic Con in California this coming weekend.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=7343

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast