Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Comic Art - Artists' Originals

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    *************BREAKING NEWS FLASH******************

At long last, I just got an e-mail from Jae Lee (I haven't heard back from him in at least 2 months).......

HE IS MOVING TO LAS VEGAS AT THE END OF THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, he told me to drop by his apartment so I could get some things signed (yes Ari, finally I am going to deliver!)

And as we speak, he just sent another mail answering several questions I had.

HE IS NOT LEAVING MARVEL He said it doesn't matter where he lives since all the art is sent electronically.

The reason he is moving is simple...as he puts it.....POKER ANYTIME and with the condo market such a mess there, there are some great deals.

I am going to see him tomorrow adter lunch.

Cool now He's just a 6 hour drive away, I haven't stalked anyone lately

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks wiz!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Most definitely he should make an appearance at the TDT.com get-together in October then.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just back from my meeting with Jae.
    Ari-I got your book inscribed. I will have to get a picture of it later and put it up here for you to see, but I am pretty sure it goes like this:

To Ari Bosi

Long days and pleasant nights

Jae Lee

The only really new information I got was that he just received the story book for the next story arc and it deals with the ka-tet after they get back to Gilead and we are introduced to the rest of Roland's mates and their fathers among other things.

Pictures to follow later....you will definitely like! (of what I got signed, not of the next story line)

Oh, I almost forgot...I gave him a Grant ARC copy of Wizard & Glass as a thank you and a parting gift. He was very touched by the gesture. Made me feel good.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wiz -

You're a good guy. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see the pics!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU WIZ!!!! I can't wait to see that pics!

Thank you!!

And you had a very nice gesture!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

He's a good guy and it was nice of you to give him that ARC.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    THANK YOU WIZ!!!! I can't wait to see that pics!

Thank you!!

And you had a very nice gesture!
    Ok Ari-

Here you go

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another shot of it

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Me and Jae in the lobby of his apartment building this afternoon

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my copy, it is a signed numbered edition #44. Sorry the picture is crappy, it is in a brodart jacket and even with no flash there is a glare.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the inscription he did for me. I do not think that I could ever receive a better one! I am thrilled beyond belief.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

David, those are awesome. How cool you got to meet him.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!

John

My Mood
    Gay

Wow! That is a priceless inscription! So very cool for you!

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a real cool inscription, congrats

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

That's a really nice inscription, Wiz!. Congrats. I think his signature is really cool too!.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Dave. You cultivated a great friendship.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE!!! A lovely inscription!

AND THANK YOU AGAIN...Mine looks great!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! You are very lucky to have such cool friends! Those pics are great! I'm sure many of us are very jealous of you. Awesome!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one hell of an inscription Wiz!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Wiz - Did Jae Lee say anything about changing dealers. I see that Albert Moy is out of NYC and since Jae is moving... I was just wondering.

Thanks.
    Long Days,
    turtlex

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff, Dave!

It's nice that Jae Lee dressed up for the photo. I wonder what he wears when he is just laying around the house chillin'?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Wiz! I'm jealous!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast