Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Collectible Comic Art - Artists' Originals

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Should this thread be moved to the Comic section, archived, or left alone? Last post was February, 2009.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think since it is comic original art, that we should probably move it to the comic tower.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'll move it over to the Comic Tower.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

Just moved this and realized I never posted my originals here.

So... here you go :

Jae Lee Original Comic Panel Treachery Issue 2 Page 20

The Stand: American Nightmares #1 p.14

The Stand: American Nightmares #4 p.16

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Pam!

John

My Mood
    Gay

I've got some others, non-Stephen King related. I'll post those when I get home!

Country
    Country Flag

I just got this one today. I bought it from The Artist's Choice website. It's not King related, but it's cool as hell to me. It's by Luke Ross from the series Samurai: Heaven and Earth II. Sorry about the lighting, I need new light bulbs.

and so you can see the size of this thing, that's a dvd beside the picture.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Gay

Those are cool, Sam.

It always takes me a while to track down sometime from an artist I love. The Batwoman originals I have, I bought right from the artist himself. The Mike Perkins ones above, from his art dealer.

Country
    Country Flag

I understand that Pam. I would LOVE to have some work by Darryl Banks, but I haven't been able to track either him or his agent down. His work on Green Lantern was simply stunning.

I would LOVE to have a commision piece from Dave Dorman, but when I inquired several years ago, the price was WAAAAY above my ceiling. Way above it.

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, I understand not being able to afford pieces, for sure. I had to save up for my Batwoman commission piece by JH Williams III and, all in all, I thought it was a very fair price.

Friends - If you find good website for purchases of Original Comic Art, feel free to post them.

I think the easiest recognizable to members here is :

Albert Moy who represents Jae Lee. He's got a lot of DT original pieces available.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the site I used.

http://www.theartistschoice.com/

Some of the prices are really good, some of them are HUGELY out of my budget. There's a really good list of artists here and my experience with Spencer Beck was very good. The only problem, he does not accept payment via Paypal OR credit card... check, money order, etc. only. He does explain why that policy exists, if that helps any.

My art was very well packed an enclosed in a heavy duty hardboard. Just FYI.

My Mood
    Gay

Sam - When you posted before, I went through that site ( I'm forever hunting for Batwoman images from the 52 comic run ) and it really has a bunch of nice pieces.

I think there are a couple of DT related items as well there ... Alternate covers by Olivier Coipel, Jimmy Cheung and Steve McNiven. All are too pricey for me, however.

Another good resource for Original Comic Art is www.comicartfans.com - there's a Art for Sale link that you can search by artist or keyword.

My Mood
    Gay

Below is one of my prized possessions ... an original by Richard Isanove. The picture does NOT due it justice. It's just a spectacular piece.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just came across a Catwoman picture on that site (a few seconds on the front page no less. I think my eyes must have a female anatomy homing thingummy fitted) which is certainly not suitable for the sexy comic-book character thread!

She seems a bit chunkier than the Selene we know though. (I don't dislike that physique on a woman, don't get me wrong. She just doesn't look like that. Mind you, judging by her hair colour I think it might be a different character.)

My Mood
    Gay

Bumping this for Sam, as I know he's got a new panel.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok. Here's the new panel I recently purchased through a seller on ebay. His main website is www.anthonysnyder.com. The purchase was painless, and I would buy from him again for sure. Here's the panel.

An overlay also came with it, but it's an acetate panel and really doesn't add to the piece any.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For us comics novices, which series is this from?

John

Country
    Country Flag

It is from Green Lantern vol. 3 issue #56.

(Though, I would have thought the "Green Lantern" stamp on the top of the page would be a good clue.)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Sam. I didn't notice it. Very nice!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Dude, I'm just giving you a hard time man. Just kidding with you, seriously. There's another page from the same company from this issue that I am seriously considering getting. Simply because it's the same issue.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG Pam! Long overdue congrats from me! That is stunning!

And congrats to you too Sam!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Another piece that I just got today. There should be more coming sooner or later. With any luck that it.
    This one is from Parallax: Emerald Night from the company wide event The Final Night. This is page 27 of issue #1 and takes place just before Hal goes to sacrifice himself to reignite the sun.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats real nice Sam, do you display them?

Country
    Country Flag

Not right now Tito. I don't have the wall space to hang them or the desire to have them framed since both pieces have acetate overlays which change the picture somewhat when you lay them over the piece. I wish I could scan them, but they are too large for my scanner to handle. I have to depend on the pictures that others have taken. Oh well. As for displaying them, I have a portfolio ordered that should fit them just fine. If they don't fit, I'll be returning it for sure!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just catching up on this thread. I really like everything you all are posting!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast