Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Comic Art - Artists' Originals

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Collectible Comic Art - Artists' Originals

Do you own original art from the Dark Tower or other comics?

Tell us the artist, the comic book and issue number.

Please post pics here!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I will start it off....This is a story of being in the right place at the right time.

About a month prior to the first issue of Gunslinger Born being released (early January 2007), I was looking at the Sketch Book that was circulating at the time and really loved a sketch of Eldred Jonas that artist Jae Lee has drawn as part of the book. An Internet search on Jae Lee led me to an e-mail address, so I took a shot and e-mailed him directly, telling him how much of a Dark Tower fan I was and how I was excited about this new comic book series. I also inquired about whether he was selling any of the artwork he was doing for the series. Jae responded that original artwork would be for sale through his dealer and that I should contact him on the day Gunslinger Born was released in February. Well, I traded a couple more friendly e-mails with him over the following couple of days, and we both learned that my office in New York was right near where Jae lives and is on his route to his workplace at Marvel. He then told me given my proximity to him and my passion for the Dark Tower, that he would handle my art requests personally and in fact gave me first pick of all the artwork done for the first issue. I was stunned and thrilled. I got to preview all of the art before the issue was even released and ended up buying a few pieces. In addition to the issue #1 art, he also had done what he called character sketches of Roland, Cuthbert, Alain, Susan, Eldred Jonas and Martin Broadcloak.

In the end, I bought 4 character sketches--the Ka-Tet of Roland, Cuthbert and Alain as well as the Eldred sketch I loved so much from the Sketch Book)--and I also purchased 2 other pieces, one that I call "Roland bests Cort" and the other I call "Gilead." "Roland bests Cort" appeared in Issue #1 and as it turns out "Gilead" will be the cover art for the much-anticipated Guide Book due out this August.

So without further delay, here is the artwork....character sketches first, then "Roland bests Cort" and ending with my personal favorite "Gilead."

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is Cuthbert.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Alain Johns

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Eldred Jonas, leader of the Big Coffin Hunters

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is "Roland bests Cort"

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And my personal favorite...Gilead

I love this one because until now I could only picture the barony of Gilead in my head. I think Jae Lee captured my "mind's eye" image quite well.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

David, thanks so much for sharing these. I love 'em! Especially the one of Gilead.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Lucky, lucky! That is so cool!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

here's are my two... the first is page 19 from the first installment.

the second is a prelim. study of susan delgado.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That page 19 is awesome, Terry. The Susan sketch is great, too.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

other than being cool numbered page "19" - i really liked the composition of this page. the way the wings match the outstretched arms above... the way positive area chest mimics the negative area created by the bird's back. the grass and the branches repeat... the flow of the page was smooth. this page's two panels just worked really really well together for me.

btw way wiz... i like all yours... but gilead is definitely my favorite also. i love that one.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

With the next story arc beginning in 2 weeks, I hope we see some new stuff.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. These are wondeful sketches. Personally, being a comic fan, I was THRILLED when I heard Jae Lee would be involved with the DT comics. He's an amazing and talented artist.

I really appreciate you all sharing. Someday I hope to own some myself.

Currently, I do have a couple of re-pros from Michael Whelan, but really want to add some Jae Lee art to my (limited) collection.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Wow. These are wondeful sketches. Personally, being a comic fan, I was THRILLED when I heard Jae Lee would be involved with the DT comics. He's an amazing and talented artist.

I really appreciate you all sharing. Someday I hope to own some myself.

Currently, I do have a couple of re-pros from Michael Whelan, but really want to add some Jae Lee art to my (limited) collection.
    Check out the Albert Moy webpage. He was the art dealer that sold the originals for the first story arc. He will probably list the artwork soon after the release of the first comic in the second story arc. Then you can buy all you want.

http://www.albertmoy.com/newgalleryroom.asp

I just checked and there are still several pieces from The Gunslinger Born that are still available.

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you very much. You just rocked my world !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got an e-mail from Jae that said he has been sequestered (sp?) in his home for the past three months deep into the next story arc. I have some stuff for him to sign, and he said I'd have to come to him this time.

I am looking forward to this next arc, as it should have some new story not in Wizard & Glass.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz,

I too, am anxious to get to The Long Road Home. More tales in the world of the Dark Tower are always welcome in my book!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not going to make it until March. Seriously.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I just got an e-mail from Jae that said he has been sequestered (sp?) in his home for the past three months deep into the next story arc. I have some stuff for him to sign, and he said I'd have to come to him this time.

I am looking forward to this next arc, as it should have some new story not in Wizard & Glass.
    I wonder if he would donate a signed print from the first arc for the giveaway

I'm totally shameless.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

But shameless for a good cause, so we'll let it go. THIS time.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be sweet for the Haven Foundation charity auction.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Albert Moy has just listed some of the original artwork for sale for The Long Road Home by Jae Lee.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

All art is still available....cover is a cool $5,000

Story line looks interesting....Sheemie, Dogan...

My Mood
    Gay

Awesome artwork !!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast